Jordan 12 Black/Game Royal

You have no idea how good this and JRepp23 JRepp23 's comment made me feel.. I always thought this was just me. The shape has been off too but its usually not that bad if the mudguard is correct. I had 2 pairs and wanted to match them up but the 2nd pair had weird flat paper thin leather which to me felt worse.
Def not just you. I have always had a problem with the height of the mudguard on 12s. Originals were done perfect. And I really think your the first person thats actually made mention of this that I have seen. It also, imo contributes to the banana look so many talk about. Really does coincide with the high pl XI conversation if you ask me. While were at it. Fix the upper and give it more of that bubble look at the heel between stitches. Some of you will know what I mean by that. lol. Couldnt say it any other way.

Am I the only one who has no idea what this mudguard talk is about? :lol:
The leather piece above the midsole, the height of it. Compared to the originals, they now are slightly lower. Been that way for a while.

The XII’s def have that elongated banana shape. :lol:

I did enjoy the 2003 renditions though.

Still one of the better Retros to play in.

Am I the only one who has no idea what this mudguard talk is about? :lol:
img01 (1).jpg
Air-Jordan-12-OG-Taxi-1997.jpg
I know the size is different. But the height difference is there.

Def not just you. I have always had a problem with the height of the mudguard on 12s. Originals were done perfect. And I really think your the first person thats actually made mention of this that I have seen. It also, imo contributes to the banana look so many talk about. Really does coincide with the high pl XI conversation if you ask me. While were at it. Fix the upper and give it more of that bubble look at the heel between stitches. Some of you will know what I mean by that. lol. Couldnt say it any other way.

Its like you described what my eyes see :lol: I swear if it weren't for message boards like this half of us would've went nuts a long time ago because no one but us would get this lol. Every point made here is literally why I haven't bought 12's since like 03 until Flu Games from 2016. And even then, I was critical of the mudguard height, actual leather, which also helps with the damn bubble look!

My first retro since the original black reds I once owned were the white reds in 09. Never had the 03s. Broke af. But when I first had the whites in hand those were the first two features that stood out to me that they were lacking. The red of course being too dull also. Still have em though. No regrets there. But when the playoff and taxi came around again, kinda disappointed they didnt have it corrected. Still got em like a sucker though. lol. Should have known better but thats all we had at the time. I have my original "collection photo" somewhere with my black red 7 and 12s. If I find I will post it. The mudguard def on point in this pic.

Its like you described what my eyes see :lol: I swear if it weren't for message boards like this half of us would've went nuts a long time ago because no one but us would get this lol. Every point made here is literally why I haven't bought 12's since like 03 until Flu Games from 2016. And even then, I was critical of the mudguard height, actual leather, which also helps with the damn bubble look!
Same for me. The Taxi lows was the last of the first run 12s that I got, and didn't' buy another one until the 2016 black/red.

Y’all think there’s a chance these could make slightly below retail somehow? Like 2 sites left with FSRs and the moment 1 of those Twitter account announces them it’s a wrap lol..

kicksusa and Hibbett had FSRs 2 days ago.. 3 Twitter account announcements later and gone lol

Last edited:
Did everyone go TTS? Cause walking around they’re feeling a feeling kinda big, like I can feel the toe box hitting my big toe with each step

Y’all think there’s a chance these could make slightly below retail somehow? Like 2 sites left with FSRs and the moment 1 of those Twitter account announces them it’s a wrap lol..

kicksusa and Hibbett had FSRs 2 days ago.. 3 Twitter account announcements later and gone lol

So much back and forth on this in 21 pages lol. If you want them just buy them. They most likely won't make it

Ehhh… I think I'm gonna have to pull the trigger soon. Each pair posted looks better than the last lol

Back
Top Bottom