Jordan 13 Low 2017 Colorways

But do you think the younger generations are losing interest?  When I see true blue 3s and classic colorways sit on shelves, it makes me wonder if the adidas craze has taken over the younger kids.  My sneaker groups on fb are full of yeezys and NMDs and they used to be all jordans and kobes.

Jordan Brand made more money than almost the entire basketball apparel business as a whole. I've said this over and over. Jordan Brand will produce more quantities than ever due to their 5 year growth plan. And think of it this way. The oldest sneakerheads are now close to 50. The retail demographics of Jordans are growing due to aging sneakerheads

shoes get sent to be authenticated then shipped to you if they pass.
Tip? It's easy, place an offer and then wait to see if someone accepts it. You are then charged and the process begins
When I got the chutneys for 120, there was no offers for my sz at the time so my offer for 120 was the highest. Think it only took like 2 hours for someone to accept it lol

Dropped an offer of $100 on StockX for a size 13. I don't expect a win.

But do you think the younger generations are losing interest?  When I see true blue 3s and classic colorways sit on shelves, it makes me wonder if the adidas craze has taken over the younger kids.  My sneaker groups on fb are full of yeezys and NMDs and they used to be all jordans and kobes.
I want you to first research how   many TB3 were actually produced. This goes the same for the recent 11 lows that folks  claim are sitting.

I want you to first research how   many TB3 were actually produced. This goes the same for the recent 11 lows that folks  claim are sitting.
Honestly, most releases sit nowadays, it's not just TB3s which, you're right, were a HUGE release. In fact, I think JB decided to release an 11 on BF this year because the past 2 black friday releases seemingly had trouble selling at full retail (Aqua 8s and TB3s, respectively). I'm 95% certain the BF 11s will sellout but it's pretty evident that JB is over-saturating the market by offering too many releases at too high of a retail price (this only applies to most GRs, not limited releases like OVOs and PSNYs and obviously not applying to Holiday 11s either). The 11 lows you mentioned are $175 retail.. That's only $10 less than what retail was on holiday 11s from 2014-people just aren't going to throw money around like that every week.

Last edited:
Also I think a lot people are wiser now when it comes to buying
Everyone pretty much knows if GR sit they can be had for under retail

Chutneys came in from CB. I love em and suede is on point. But damn there is mad little glue stains everywhere on these. Still like em though and still won't stop me from rocking them especially for $131.

View media item 2476917

Last edited:

Honestly, most releases sit nowadays, it's not just TB3s which, you're right, were a HUGE release. In fact, I think JB decided to release an 11 on BF this year because the past 2 black friday releases seemingly had trouble selling at full retail (Aqua 8s and TB3s, respectively). I'm 95% certain the BF 11s will sellout but it's pretty evident that JB is over-saturating the market by offering too many releases at too high of a retail price (this only applies to most GRs, not limited releases like OVOs and PSNYs and obviously not applying to Holiday 11s either). The 11 lows you mentioned are $175 retail.. That's only $10 less than what retail was on holiday 11s from 2014-people just aren't going to throw money around like that every week.
My point is that this stuff still sells like. Crazy they just make sooooooo many. The 11 lows are still the best selling shoes within their respective release months. JB aint losing anything at all.

View media item 2476968View media item 2476970View media item 2476971View media item 2476972View media item 2476973
1998s on the left. 2017s on the right.
A dash of wheats for flavor.

Just a camera phone so the shots aren't great. My apologies.
Leather is obviously superior on the OGs. Maybe because it's genuine.

The suede is more like cowhide roughness on the OGs
As opposed to the smoothness on the retro.

The 1998s also a darker chutney, I couldn't really capture it with the lighting.
It is clear as day in person.

The gold jumpman on the back of the shoe is a flat gold on the OG
The retro has more of a shiny gold on it.

I prefer the chutney colored insole of the original instead of the retro black.
Thats my favorite difference between the two.

Only other thing noticeably different is the jumpman on the tongues and insole.
Thicker jumpman on OG insole, skinnier jumpman on OG tongue.

The yellowish liner on the 2017s looks like the biggest difference to me. Def not as visible in person, but I wish the color matched the chutney suede.

i copped a pair of chutneys from a footlocker. box didnt have the usual FTL sticker. and below. whats the chance that sum1 returned fufus? lool...but besides that, these things are nice.

View media item 2474009

some boxes haven't been coming with the sticker. when I copped banneds last year no sticker and black toes had no sticker either. both from two diff FTL

I recently copped new loves and those had sticker.

i copped a pair of chutneys from a footlocker. box didnt have the usual FTL sticker. and below. whats the chance that sum1 returned fufus? lool...but besides that, these things are nice.
some boxes haven't been coming with the sticker. when I copped banneds last year no sticker and black toes had no sticker either. both from two diff FTL

I recently copped new loves and those had sticker.
the chuts were my first ever FTL purchase with no sticker. but thats alright, cause these thangs fiiiire lol

i copped new loves from FTL too and they also had sticker

trust me I was weirded out too especially with the banneds
laugh.gif
its not a good feeling when you got the "hmmmmmm....." in ya mind 
laugh.gif

I'm still price watching the plats against NDC. Still a mostly fsr sitting there ... hoping these sit then drop to $100 right when I'm back from a trip next week. 

These are growing on me.. I thought they were dope (they grew on me over the years bc I hated them in 97/98) but now I think I actually want to cop. This would make a nice Fall shoe.

Back
Top Bottom