Jordan 8 Doernbecher on the way...

come on son you work for Delta 

you know you flying stand by B

you getting bumped all day lmao 

No US Air nah not on a Wednesday I doubt it and with the holiday next week I think I should be good well atleast I hop so I got some folks coming with me so hopefully I can get one I have family member at the Doernbecher hospital fighting a rare skin disease so I'm all for it

i like it when u can earn your sneakers like a man by camping,rsvp takes the fairness out the hobby.Now that nike wants to screw ppl over the ny gun incident no kids are getting he db 8s.in fact,the price on ebay has skyrocketed for gs and mens.A raffle is a sham.I hope 21 mercer is fcfs ,i dont mind taking off work and being a warrior.its kinda fun until knuckleheads ruin it

i like it when u can earn your sneakers like a man by camping,rsvp takes the fairness out the hobby.Now that nike wants to screw ppl over the ny gun incident no kids are getting he db 8s.in fact,the price on ebay has skyrocketed for gs and mens.A raffle is a sham.I hope 21 mercer is fcfs ,i dont mind taking off work and being a warrior.its kinda fun until knuckleheads ruin it

I just don't understand this mentality

ohh tuff guy lol just j/k. raffles and rsvp it BS but camping it too to me. Im juat a online only type of guy. Not camping for more the a couple of hrs lol

I just don't understand this mentality
you dont you just smh... the whole statment 

camp like a man 

so its a manly to wait in the cold to give someone ur money and brag to the other men of how u took a day off work for the pleaser of giving a company you money 

do you bruh.....

Last edited:

ohh tuff guy lol just j/k. raffles and rsvp it BS but camping it too to me. Im juat a online only type of guy. Not camping for more the a couple of hrs lol
just like the 6's i will go out side for no more than 2 hours at most if not imma hit online im not waiting all day for a chance to give my money i have camped all night before and still struck out. 

after than never again 

These shoes are for charity,so yeah i dont mind taking off work to support the kids who entered a contest just to design the shoe,and ultimately become sneaker legends.each kid is very sick and the shoes are often very creative so i dont mind camping a day or 2.

That's all it took for me I waited in the rain and cold for a pair and struck out never again won't catch me SLIPPIN

Never felt like camping made me more of a man. I felt like a big a** kid if anything standing outside in the cold, almost getting sick and skipping work for a pair of sneakers. To each their own, but IMO, being a man is taking care of priorities before a pair of Jordans.

I have a job,and i dont mind camping.camping isnt for kids.why u think the ppl from wisconsin invaded nike chicago?because wisconsin is a state known for camping,cold and warriors.it takes heart to camp ,especially in this weather.i respect the camper more than the atc bot user

Camping is the only way i will get my lil cousins the gs db.nike doing rsvp just effd every kid in america resellers are going to destroy the gs sizes.so when u think u helping one thing u hurt another

If im available to camp i will do that. you meet people and make connections in the Sneaker world.but what do you consider camping. ive never been outside of a store for more than 6+ hours

drama over tickets ?why?nyc is about to ruin the whole east coast with their shenanigans,same stuff i see at supreme releases and sb dunk releases.the nypd loves to shut releases down,tiffanys,supreme foam,etc.

This 

he bascially summed up everything

People happy they can RSVP using a service bragging about prices and damn near needed a bot to get the service for them to use their bot to get the shoes

nike tried to impliment a system, we broke it, we broke it so bad we knew we had to pay to play. cats had no chance of a DB without a service now them services are pissed i bet 

back to raffles back to backdoor deals back to photos of peoples trunks full of pairs 

but ask your self 

what was diffrent RSVP services or gangs snatching up mad pairs and taken them to the car and poseing lame with them. seeing groups of people who clearly know each other picking up pairs from NT (which due to laws of averages and luck should be damn near uncommon but happens all the time)

so we get it corruption will be as long as there is money involved laugh at the raffle system but we made it the best way outside of FCFS 
Solution: Nike does a pre order that supplies all of the demand.. and that will kill resellers.

These shoes are for charity,so yeah i dont mind taking off work to support the kids who entered a contest just to design the shoe,and ultimately become sneaker legends.each kid is very sick and the shoes are often very creative so i dont mind camping a day or 2.
https://secure3.convio.net/ohsu/sit...donation=form1&AddInterest=1041&s_src=WEBYDCH

Trust me...I'm all for donating.

The DB shoes always are my favorite release for two reasons. One, as a "collector", it's JBs longest running "special edition" line. The BINs dropped off quick, the packs are usually seasonal or anniversary dependent, and I really don't see the LAB series taking off. I still regret not getting the 2s when they first dropped, because I didn't think the line would pick up steam. I loved the concept, but really didn't like the design of the shoe, so passed. When the 1s came out the next year, grabbed a pair and haven't looked back. By the time I realized the line was there to stay...the 2s were hard to find in my size w/o paying an arm/leg.

Secondly, SHADINESS/GIMMICKY/MARKETING SCHEMES ASIDE, the shoe DOES contribute to OHSU. Does is directly and as much as Nike/JB makes it out to be, probably not. Does it help their bottom line @ the end of the year when they're using it as a tax deduction, yes. Does it create hype to sell the next model, yes. I get it...anyone w/ common sense does. Still doesn't mean that their contribution to the hospital doesn't help/happen.

I have a special needs child, who benefits from hospital's like OHSU. He has 3 insurance plans (one from my company, one from my wife's, and a state insurance plan due to him being disabled), and there are test/procedures/exams/medications that STILL are not covered, and we have to come out of pocket for. Fortunately for my son and family, we are able to provide him what he needs...not everyone is as lucky. Not only do hospitals/organizations help with the research and development of treatment of the children they are providing for, they also help with grant/POS/private contribution based funding of the things they need their insurance won't cover, and their families can't afford. I've seen families benefit from these types of donations, and it really does make the difference in getting a child a therapy he might not normally be able to afford. Would it be better for Nike to just dump more cash into their pocket than utilizing it for their own benefit in terms of marketing/PR/product placement...probably, but they're a big business, and big business doesn't operate that way. They fact they are at least donating something, is better than not.

On top of it all, it gives these kids who are struggling through quite a bit something positive to focus on, and help with morale. It's more than just dollars/cents. If the design/project helps a kid feel better for a bit...I'm all for it. They didn't do anything to deserve what they're going through, and anything to brighten their spirit is great. They get to be rockstars for awhile, and I love it.

*steps off soapbox*

If you really want to camp for the kids...work an overtime shift instead and send in a donation. Will be more effective, and you'll feel better about it. If it's just about the shoes...do what you gotta do.

Still looking forward to Sun and failing miserably. Hoping to find a decent price close to Xmas.

Back
Top Bottom