Jordan Brand Commercial: Dominate Another Day

Pic sent to me from by boy...It's pretty sick. I believe only two left JB offices.

nbvvrn.jpg

Originally Posted by eltouha

lame. expensive special effects does not make up for ridiculous and cliche content. even the bond parody title doesn't take into account the meaning of the words. "die another day" means that today is not a good day to die, so death is saved FOR LATER. therefore "dominate another day" means to also delay the subject, but whereas with the original the hero is delaying a bad thing, in this the hero is delaying a good thing. in essence what it says is that he has GIVEN UP on dominating today, and is therefore saving it FOR LATER.

dumb commercial
this is EXACTLY how I felt. I was and continue to be surprised to hear so much support for such a stupid and contrived commercial..

Originally Posted by eltouha

lame. expensive special effects does not make up for ridiculous and cliche content. even the bond parody title doesn't take into account the meaning of the words. "die another day" means that today is not a good day to die, so death is saved FOR LATER. therefore "dominate another day" means to also delay the subject, but whereas with the original the hero is delaying a bad thing, in this the hero is delaying a good thing. in essence what it says is that he has GIVEN UP on dominating today, and is therefore saving it FOR LATER.

dumb commercial
this is EXACTLY how I felt. I was and continue to be surprised to hear so much support for such a stupid and contrived commercial..

weak... unless JB's target market really is 13-yr old hypebeasts who think of D-Wade as some sort of superhero.

I'd rather them feature a 30-second commercial of Ray Allen shooting jumpshots in practice and games throughout his career with a message at the end saying something like "Practice Makes Perfect. Dominate Another Day".

D-Wade, Garbagemelo's trade drama, and CP3's surgically repaired knee just aren't doing it for me as JB endorsers...

weak... unless JB's target market really is 13-yr old hypebeasts who think of D-Wade as some sort of superhero.

I'd rather them feature a 30-second commercial of Ray Allen shooting jumpshots in practice and games throughout his career with a message at the end saying something like "Practice Makes Perfect. Dominate Another Day".

D-Wade, Garbagemelo's trade drama, and CP3's surgically repaired knee just aren't doing it for me as JB endorsers...

Originally Posted by clkru

Fixed ..hell is wrong with you dont add d-wade to that list smh

Originally Posted by clkru

Fixed ..hell is wrong with you dont add d-wade to that list smh

I was all for D-Wade when lebron came through.... But now..... He's looking like 2nd in command. Eventually he'll get traded haha

I was all for D-Wade when lebron came through.... But now..... He's looking like 2nd in command. Eventually he'll get traded haha

yeah, Wade better drop some weight, too.  Seeing he and Kobe next to each other on the ESPN NBA page today made him look chubby and unhealthy.  Cut the refined sugar, red meat, and other empty carbs, D-Wade!  Get off Barkley's diet and onto Steve Nash's!

Back
Top Bottom