Jordan Brand Holiday 2011 Info/Pics Front Page. Updated July 17th

Originally Posted by BIGBEN1986

this is like the uber super duper remake of the aj 3. why in god's name would this shoe cost 150.00. i know this sounds like a broken record but give me a nike air in the back i will pay 150.00 lol

where you been man 
how are ya 

Hope these Blk/Cements don't crack up after multiple wears.
tired.gif

Also, the XIV look dope but not for $160+tax
roll.gif

Great retro IIIs coming out this year..this is one of em. A must have for me. I'll pass on those XIVs tho that price tag is too steep

XIV's look SICK so far, if they drop in price quickly they will be bought to ball in
pimp.gif

After seeing the MSRP of the 14's and  I guess the 3's (Even though I am getting the 3's) I said to myself that I am not getting anymore Jordan's after this year because of how they are jacking up the retail prices.. It is really absurd.. Who would imagine a pair of Jordan 3's costing $150?? When back in 2001, they retailed for just $100 same goes for the 11's. The 11's retailed for $125 back in 2000-2001 when they were retro-ed the first time and now they retail for $175
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
, which i why I passed on the last two Jordan 11 December releases.. It is to much man..smh

Originally Posted by FDUB

After seeing the MSRP of the 14's and  I guess the 3's (Even though I am getting the 3's) I said to myself that I am not getting anymore Jordan's after this year because of how they are jacking up the retail prices.. It is really absurd.. Who would imagine a pair of Jordan 3's costing $150?? When back in 2001, they retailed for just $100 same goes for the 11's. The 11's retailed for $125 back in 2000-2001 when they were retro-ed the first time and now they retail for $175
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
, which i why I passed on the last two Jordan 11 December releases.. It is to much man..smh
That seems to be a universal quarrel for many old heads in the game... we aren't truly accustomed to seeing
these rape prices.

I remember seeing the CDP packs and thinking "310 plus tax for only one shoe i want?" With that said, I 
didn't invest in one single pack (just bout the ones i liked separately for a little over msrp when broken in
half). Still, it's hard to think we paid decent pricing for premium sneakers, now the tides have turned for
the worser and what it boils down to is:

You gotta pay to play. 

Gotta eat to skeet.

Originally Posted by FDUB

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I hear that man it's crazy spending dang near 200 for some 11's Definitely grabbing the 3's tho

THINGS ALWAYS LOOK BETTER IN RETROSPECT.

BACK IN THE DAY, I REMEMBER PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THE PRICES OF JORDANS BEING RAPE. MYSELF INCLUDED.

BUYING JORDANS HAS NEVER BEEN A CHEAP HOBBY. YOU EITHER PAY OR YOU PASS.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

THINGS ALWAYS LOOK BETTER IN RETROSPECT.

BACK IN THE DAY, I REMEMBER PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THE PRICES OF JORDANS BEING RAPE. MYSELF INCLUDED.

BUYING JORDANS HAS NEVER BEEN A CHEAP HOBBY. YOU EITHER PAY OR YOU PASS.

"Why are you shouting"  jk.   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's all true man, you go into this hobby knowing what to expect, you can't be crying and complaining about prices.  You deal with it or leave.  That simple. 

People tend to forget often, that JB doesn't care if you have to pay your electric bill on release day.  

Kind of a nerdy and irrelevant question for economics sake, has anyone plugged in the various years and prices of the Jordan IIIs for example to see if the inflation of them has drastically gone up? Perhaps what costs $150 in 2011 may have also been the same in 2001 when adjusted. I still don't like the increase in price and seemingly decrease in overall quality/shape.

For sure peeps will try to get rid of there 2001 or CDP's 3's...

Dont mind coppin those XIV's an a discount, Not really a fan of them.

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

Kind of a nerdy and irrelevant question for economics sake, has anyone plugged in the various years and prices of the Jordan IIIs for example to see if the inflation of them has drastically gone up? Perhaps what costs $150 in 2011 may have also been the same in 2001 when adjusted. I still don't like the increase in price and seemingly decrease in overall quality/shape.

All I know is that the 3's from 94 retailed for $1002001 versions retailed for $1002009 retailed for $1252011 retails for $150

the 14's will all go on sale like the og's did back in 98 and 99 and the same thing happened with the 14's in 2005

Originally Posted by frijo sneaker

For sure peeps will try to get rid of there 2001 or CDP's 3's...

Dont mind coppin those XIV's an a discount, Not really a fan of them.
I have seen a few pairs pop up on ebay, which is usually unusual.   

The Grey XIV's are actually very nice.  Might scoop up a pair of Last Shots, and a couple of pairs of the III's.

I'm not paying retail though, you dummies can have them for retail.  I'll pass.

People have tried to make excuses for JB, and justify the markup.

There isn't a logical reason, bottom line is they are milking their market.  They know people will line up and scoop these up no matter what.

The good thing about the XIV is that they will hit outlets, guaranteed.  Unfortunately the III's will not, so if you can't get a hookup with a discount JB knows you will dish out $150 + tax to get them.

I think it's funny when people try to use logic in explaining JB's tactics.

Back
Top Bottom