Jordan Brand Pre-Order?

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but what if Jordan Brand offered a way to pre-order before their big releases?  At least this way they would know how many need to be produced and people wouldn't be left without anything on release day.  I'd even be willing to pay a monthly subscription fee to be part of such a program.  It'd beat having to pay $100+ over retail the same day a shoe was released.  

You do realize that making enough pairs to go around is a horrible business decision when dealing with shoes, right?

Originally Posted by howyouwhat

You do realize that making enough pairs to go around is a horrible business decision when dealing with shoes, right?

I understand how supply and demand works, Mr. Knowitall. 

This would kill the hype for every release. I doubt nike would want that. Everyone from the CEO down to the salesman at nike gets a hard on from all this hype. They love hearing people camping, rioting, and murdering over their shoes. Gets them free publicity and even more hype when they're on the nightly news after every big release.
If you don't like camping just to get some shoes, don't. I'm certainly not going to camp.
If they make it this hard to give them your money, they obviously don't value your custom so don't give it them

Ah, typical NT response. Don't like what someone says, label them a troll.

But exactly how am I trolling?

[kat williams]don't worry, I'll wait[/kat williams]

Id be down with a preorder program. And it is only bad for business if they dont sell out, Nike could easily make another couple thousand of their big releases and still sell them out. And Nike's categorization of Limited seems to vary by release. They could easily just say a shoe is limited and every pair will be scooped up these days whether they make 3000 or 6000.

But I guess keeping people struggling and spending hours trying to secure a release is better than everyone getting shoes that they want. Its not a huge deal to me anymore. I would love to have a lot of these releases. But I cant be sitting on twitter all day while im at work trying to get a hashtag like some people. Im over the whole damn I missed out on such and such pair tho. If I can cop I will. If I cant then it is what it is.

You are exactly right. Op doesn't understand how to run a business obviously.

Originally Posted by MDkicks

You are exactly right. Op doesn't understand how to run a business obviously.
Lecture and educate me on how to run a business, please.

Nike doesnt care you some of their consumers walk away empty handed. They do care if everyone walks away with a pair, because that means no demand.

Originally Posted by natisfynest

Back in the early 2000's you could pre order nike did away with it
Dang, I missed out!  I lost interest in basketball after graduating from high school and didn't get back to it until around 2005.  

Pre-ordering is a great idea my man, but Nike is a business, so they don't REALLY care about your feelings unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom