Jordan Brand Quality

Good quality...Excellence?? Those days are looong gone...Im just glad I was around during the time of when everything Jordan stood for Quality &Excellence...

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Originally Posted by kingdomman07

I've seen the posts hating on Gentry, I've heard all the noise about the shoe quality - And usually I'm one of those guys that says "Hey, if you don't like it, don't buy it". Nothing ever really phased me. But on the real, this bad quality has got to stop. i see the six rings (even got a pair) see the jumpman pro retro (i have the og's) and this is getting out of hand. I "want" to buy Jordan brand products, but this terrible quality of product is making me want to stop. The mystique is fading. I'm an older guy so I remember the real stuff - and to have to "hope" that something is a decent product at $150 or $310 for CDP's is crazy. People are actually excited over the fact that once and a while one of these shoes is a decent product or has decent leather. Air Jordan used to stand for quality and excellence. I remember those 6:30 mornings, in the mall, at 12 years old not caring about dropping $150 because you knew the quality, fit, look, and overall excellence of the product was worth the time and money. I'm afraid those days are over.
its not just jordans. its across the board with nike and for that matter all the major shoe companies.. The true test is when they re-retro the exact shoe that was retro'd previosuly and its like night and day. Just because the colorway is the same doesnt make it close to the same shoe.

Well said BubbaElal, Nike retro quality is pitiful but Adidas/Reebok retro quality is downright atrocious (especially Reebok). CDP XI/XII will be mediocre, butit's the 'exit' shoe for alot of us.

Quality is a memory when it comes to Jordan Brand retros, and non-numbered lines. I am very impressed with the quality and detailing of the XX3, butthat's were it all
stops. I have liked most of the shoes that are in the packs, but going to the store and seeing them in person is just plain depressing. The Black/Cement IIIsthe worst, they
look and feel like the plastic shells of what they used to be. I have packs in my area severely discounted that I won't even touch. I have what I needfrom 1999 and 2001
so it's no problem for me to say "good bye" to JB after the motorsports XX3

ya i dunno the quality isnt gonna get better because of all the people buying them, u can only hope that jb all of a sudden understands and will spend theextra money to make them better...keep wishin

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Originally Posted by kingdomman07

I've seen the posts hating on Gentry, I've heard all the noise about the shoe quality - And usually I'm one of those guys that says "Hey, if you don't like it, don't buy it". Nothing ever really phased me. But on the real, this bad quality has got to stop. i see the six rings (even got a pair) see the jumpman pro retro (i have the og's) and this is getting out of hand. I "want" to buy Jordan brand products, but this terrible quality of product is making me want to stop. The mystique is fading. I'm an older guy so I remember the real stuff - and to have to "hope" that something is a decent product at $150 or $310 for CDP's is crazy. People are actually excited over the fact that once and a while one of these shoes is a decent product or has decent leather. Air Jordan used to stand for quality and excellence. I remember those 6:30 mornings, in the mall, at 12 years old not caring about dropping $150 because you knew the quality, fit, look, and overall excellence of the product was worth the time and money. I'm afraid those days are over.
its not just jordans. its across the board with nike and for that matter all the major shoe companies.. The true test is when they re-retro the exact shoe that was retro'd previosuly and its like night and day. Just because the colorway is the same doesnt make it close to the same shoe.

Well said BubbaElal, Nike retro quality is pitiful but Adidas/Reebok retro quality is downright atrocious (especially Reebok). CDP XI/XII will be mediocre, but it's the 'exit' shoe for alot of us.
vood99, i know this is Nike talk but you hit it spot on because even after reebok and adidas merged they have just decreased the integrity of bothbrands by volumes of retros with inferior quality. I guess they are just following in Nike's footsteps.

Originally Posted by w3stchicago

honestly...Most of you sound like naggin wifes in here. It's Simple. Dont buy the damn shoe then. If you're buying the shoe and goin to complain you're just being a hypebeast. You're buying the shoes because you want to show it off or whatever and then complain about it. You're wasting your money to go on here and complain. You people make me laugh. Get over it. Get use to it and stop complaining.
^^ I fully agree
roll.gif

Yea I feel u. I used to care about quality but now I don't cause Nike is retroin a lot of heat now so I'm smooth.
laugh.gif
Only pack that I still need isthe XI/XII pack from those that I liked. I'll cop older retros but unless it's some real heat like OG cw's I'm done w/ new JB releases. Theyhit rock bottom. To increase the price but decrease the quality says somethin about a person's character, and by ppl I mean Gentry but seein what that herbwears, I shouldn't be surprised
laugh.gif

It's interesting how alot of the non-Jordans (Lebrons, Hyperdunks) are actually of a much higher quality than the JB brand, yet these are all built at thesame (Nike) facilities.. not sure what is happening there.

Not just quality, but quality control has been a big problem

I cannot count on one finger how many pairs of XX3s have come precreased

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Good quality...Excellence?? Those days are looong gone...Im just glad I was around during the time of when everything Jordan stood for Quality & Excellence...
GOOD FOR YOU MAN.. i think thats because MJ was still NBA during that time & of course they have to provide him the best quality they can make& aside from that they're still building up the JORDAN SIGNATURE/BRAND.. but this days all they think about its QUANTITY & PROFIT..

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by steppinchoi

d6b35c88e331bc2e3ffe9e0df8908a55380bc41.gif
39125bfe2fb0930b93df4c2f1fa015b5201ad82.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But really, as long as we continue to buy their products, this quality will continue.

I don't know, but I hope when they come around to retroing some later model Air Jordans, that they don't muck them up.

Originally Posted by gstbmn

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by steppinchoi

d6b35c88e331bc2e3ffe9e0df8908a55380bc41.gif
39125bfe2fb0930b93df4c2f1fa015b5201ad82.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But really, as long as we continue to buy their products, this quality will continue.
Huh I thought this was a thread about how good JBs quality control has been!

hahaha but seriously... dammit, that completely went by me

You guys need to stop beating a dead horse. Go read that terrible book stop whining start living.

everyone needs to put their money where their mouth is. i only bought two pairs of xx3s in 08 and havent bought a retro since the fire red iii. the countdownpacks were nothing more than inferior product living on a lot of hype. all i ever see is complaining followed up with no action. i bet the internet generatedhype is too much for most of you to overcome. the poor economy will end up affecting sales before the weak-willed complainers here. quit buying, simple.

DONT LIKE , DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!

STOP COMPLAINING PEOPLE. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR IT WHETHER THEY DISAGREE OR CONCUR!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom