Jordan Brand - What happened to men's size 13.5??

Niketalkers, Jordan Brand or Anyone with general information..............

Please help me understand how and why Jordan Brand has decided to straight up discontinue a men's size 13.5.......I noticed this early last year and it has continued all the way into this year. I can't describe how disappointed I am lol I am no longer able to buy most retros. Certain models in retros I can role with a size 14 (the 9's, 2's and 14's) I found that only the AS 6's I can get away with a size 13 comfortably but everything else I need my 13.5 and it is completely gone. It's equivalent to anyone in a size 11.5 waking up one day and they just don't sell it anymore. I think the more messed up part about it is MJ actually wears a size 13.5 lol (go figure). Seriously tho, it anyone has any information on this or if they will come back please let me know........

Thanks in Advance!

Unpopular size. It happens to be my size too so I feel your pain but you could ask the same question about size 14.5, 15.5 etc. Those sizes do exist for pro athletes but that’s pretty much it.

Here's the thing about 13.5 and 14.5 being unpopular...

Who gives a?

If 13s sellout, and 14s sellout, just as fast as anything else when something like gold toes drop, then why wouldn't 13.5 and 14.5 sell out just as quick? Especially considering how people just grab what they can and trade or resell later.

At the end of the day, it's not just us missing out on our true size, it's Nike missing out on 15 percent more sales for no real reason at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s just not common enough.
But I think they should be making em for sure.

I’m a size 11, when I wear 10.5 it’s too tight
When I do 11.5 it feels too loose and bulky sometimes. So I can kind of feel where your coming from even tho they make my size in abundance.

Two 14.5 people already posted in this thread. It might be more common than you think. Problem is, these sizes don't exist so it's pretty much impossible for them to become common if people don't know about or have access to a better way.

Perhaps if 14.5 existed alongside 14s, 14s would be the uncommon size out of the two. We'll never know.

Two 14.5 people already posted in this thread. It might be more common than you think. Problem is, these sizes don't exist so it's pretty much impossible for them to become common if people don't know about or have access to a better way.

Perhaps if 14.5 existed alongside 14s, 14s would be the uncommon size out of the two. We'll never know.
Doubtful. There’s definitely more people who are true a true 13.5 than 14 though, they just probably don’t know it. Shoe sizes across the population are normally distributed.

It definitely simplifies Nike’s production and distribution model to have less molds to create and less sizes to allocate. It would be nice if they at least offered them online though.

That's my point though. Perhaps by thinking they are saving production costs they're actually losing potential profits. Like I said, there's no way of knowing or finding out how many people wear 14.5 because it isn't an option. 13.5 and 14.5 are basically that many more shoes to sell. People are only getting bigger as time goes on. And either way, no way is a 13.5 or 14.5 airmax 1 anniversary sitting, and neither is a NRG Jordan 1 or whatever. People will just buy them regardless. So again, it's just more pairs of shoes that aren't getting sold that would otherwise be automatic money.

That's my point though. Perhaps by thinking they are saving production costs they're actually losing potential profits. Like I said, there's no way of knowing or finding out how many people wear 14.5 because it isn't an option. 13.5 and 14.5 are basically that many more shoes to sell. People are only getting bigger as time goes on. And either way, no way is a 13.5 or 14.5 airmax 1 anniversary sitting, and neither is a NRG Jordan 1 or whatever. People will just buy them regardless. So again, it's just more pairs of shoes that aren't getting sold that would otherwise be automatic money.
I hear you but I don’t agree that they lose out on many sales. Has being a true 14.5 stopped you from buying anything? You probably 1/2 size up or down and keep it moving like I do because you have no choice. There’s plenty of shoes that aren’t produced at all past a size 12 because of diminishing returns.

This chart goes up to size 12 and you can see the trend so you can imagine how many people wear 14.5 in comparison to 10.5 or 11.5 and how much they care to make size 13s let alone half sizes like 14.5 etc to make a few people more comfortable.
08CC4DEC-A9DE-4BE4-9588-0780ABB8DBB2.jpeg

Doubtful. There’s definitely more people who are true a true 13.5 than 14 though, they just probably don’t know it. Shoe sizes across the population are normally distributed.

It definitely simplifies Nike’s production and distribution model to have less molds to create and less sizes to allocate. It would be nice if they at least offered them online though.

That's the thing right there, you could not walk into your local footlocker and get a 13.5 when they were available. You could only get them only, employee's at the stores told me to my face 2 years ago they don't make 13.5's I had to take my shoe off and show them. What I'm saying is they could at least keep them online and even limited if they want but to strike the mold all together........that's something else.

I remember when the 13.5's and 14.5's were available years back, they were the first sizes (at least the 13.5) to sell out online. It took no time for them to sell because "it wasn't a common size". And for some reason they didn't make a lot of those bigger half sizes to begin with.

Thank you!!!!! Totally agreed on this sentiment. I'm a true 13.5 and really miss this size being available in Js. Back when I first got into collecting sneakers (and joined NT) in college (2001) it was readily available. Even back then I always felt like it was the quickest to sell out because it was produced in such small quantities. My OG Space Jams were 13.5, much like most of my early pick ups.

I do remember there being tons of fake "game worn" autographed Jordans on eBay during this period, all size 13.5. Not sure whether that played a roll in the decreased availability since.

Thanks for posting this!

I always thought this although I don’t even wear this size. I feel it’s dumb for Nike to not make half sizes up to at least 18 (maybe beyond that) considering they make stuff for athletes n whatnot
Def missing out on some money

They're missing out on money in more ways than one.

There's the obvious missing sales of sizes that could but don't exist obviously.

Then there are those people that know what specific shoe in a 13 or 14 will fit and which one fits small unless it's a new model. Now consider the money Nike misses out on because the guy who wears a true 13.5 wants a pair of internationalists. Well those run a bit small. Can't go for a 13. And the 14 looks too goofy and big. F it. No sale. "I'll stick to the models I know will fit me". So not only does Nike need to sell the idea of wearing an all new model for that particular person, they need to hope it comes in a size that fits. Seems like that would put a lot of unneeded pressure on the marketing Dept. Or confusion.
Perhaps everything being manufactured China now has something to do with it. Maybe the guys that run those factories don't want to offer Nike the choice.

And if that's the case, then perhaps Nike could offer those half sizes in NikeID, since those seem to come from Vietnam as evidenced by the am1 thread here.

Last edited:
I don't know, it's late. I guess what I'm saying is Nike could sell a 13 and 13.5 and double the sales that used to belong solely to size 13.

But they could also find new sales in models that we're previously out of reach to some people because the 13 is too small and people with big feet are more apt to be self conscious about extra size added to what's already prob a boderline awkward look to begin with dealing with big shoes and outfits.

Just seems like it would open up more avenues.

I would feel bad for yall but everyone that wears this size probably 6'4 or taller. Rather be tall with less shoe options then short with all the kicks in the world.

I'm 6'3" and I am a true 13.5 also. I prefer my shoes to be rtght rather than loose so I always go with size 13 but I would love 13.5 to be available everything.

I've heard that for some shoes you can find them online on European sites. For whatever reason, they release U.S. 13.5 in Europe more often than they do here.

8C54E8A5-0EC4-422A-91BD-DBA033053E9F.jpeg
I have a size 13.5 Bred 1s. one of my few pairs of Nike in my true/fitted size. really good fit providing i wear lightweight socks. got 14s in everything else as had 13s in the past and they’re too snug. as i got older i prefer that bit of breathing space i didn’t need when i was younger, smaller footed and slightly lighter in weight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom