Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

a lot of negative nancy's in here

I always get a kick when dudes act like they're gonna stop buying Jordan's, never gets old. you dudes should just be glad that Jordan Brand is even making an effort instead of acting of like jaded ex-girlfriends cuz yall gonna buy the sh*t anyway especially if they start dropping 3s and 4s with the Nike Air logo

Last edited:
it's pretty crazy how much the quality control has dimished since around '07. They never really had quality problems with the first era of retros, and realistically the retros resembled their OG counterparts. And now they're trying to improve their products back to where they started, so expect to see higher prices. As much as i don't like it, if they're putting more attention on the aesthetics and overall quality, the factory workers need that $$$.

They said this already back in 2005.

:lol:

You guys are buying something that should be standard "premium materials" and getting charges more for it :lol:

Yup pretty much. they basically made a joke of the materials and craftsmanship. Then they offer "remastered" versions with the materials that should have been used from the jump with an oh by the way price increase. This is the Jordan Brand equivalent to "I take care of my kids!". They want extra credit for doing something they should have always been doing. They were always charging a premium price! Lets face it the consumer proved that they will fall for it when they bought those laughable retro 88's. What a joke and they were gobbled up with the quickness as will these.

I always get a kick when dudes act like they're gonna stop buying Jordan's, never gets old. you dudes should just be glad that Jordan Brand is even making an effort instead of acting of like jaded ex-girlfriends cuz yall gonna buy the sh*t anyway especially if they start dropping 3s and 4s with the Nike Air logo
let em know bro...it's comical they complain about the quality and now that jb "remastering" themselves they crying over a price increase which will most likely not be more than $20

Repped. And Preeeeaaach.

Last edited:
I will definitely buy one of the price hikes to peep quality. If they hot, cool, I keep buying them. If not, back they go, refund.

let em know bro...it's comical they complain about the quality and now that jb "remastering" themselves they crying over a price increase which will most likely not be more than $20
Seriously man, i mean $20 really? If your sweatin 20 bucks like that u got more things to worry about than collecting shoes

Haven't bought a pair in 6-7 years due to garbage, almost one time use quality. No colorway, no model will change that. The prices on top of that are ridiculous.

This new upgrade basically is telling you that all the recent errors you've bought are garbage :lol:

20 bucks more? Doesn't sound like much right? We'll that's actually added into what they've ALREADY added to the price. :lol:

Last edited:
retail retro's for $200+

passsssssssss because that's where they are headed; I am all but done with JB brand
That's what happens when all your "new" products are based on originals from 20+ years back. And when the face of the brand is a 50+ year old man who hasn't played in 12 years. Either they sign a TRUE frontman and start designing new cutting edge shoes (like they used to) or they gonna start fading into oblivion. You just can't retro the same old stuff over and over again. Plus, the young kids wanna buy what the new stars are wearing on court, Jordan , for them, is just an old player they know from YouTube...and that can't last forever.

Lol they didnt brainwash me, i already pay 200 for the retro Js theyre putting out now. And if the price increased next year 10-20 bucks and kept the same quality it still wouldn't deter me from purchasing the shoe. Hell this is a BONUS to me personally, since i was expecting the price jump anyways.
tell me more about how unbrainwashed you are
eyes.gif

Ill treat it like every other release. If I like them I will pay what I feel they are worth to me and go about my business. Whether that is retail or resell. Same process with the remastered series.

To think that Jordan Brand would not try to capitalize and move their prices into the range of Lebron, KD, Kobe is asinine. 

I will definitely buy one of the price hikes to peep quality. If they hot, cool, I keep buying them. If not, back they go, refund.

This.

I'll take a gamble on the Oreo IV's since that's my most desired shoe of all time, and if they do me like they did with the '12 White Cements (my #2), then I'll throw them to a friend for retail and go right back to my hunt for older pairs at prices I like.

If the quality increases for another $20 Im for it. Although I'll remain a skeptic. At least until they put truth behind the words written/spoke via shoes they produce..

I don't think it's the $20 that people are talking about, but more so the overall price of almost $200, give or take.  Also, combine that with the fact that JB should have been using quality materials for the amount they charge currently, is what have people feeling a certain type of way about the increase.  Not to mention this will be the 3rd straight year (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that JB has had an increase on retros.

it's pretty crazy how much the quality control has dimished since around '07. They never really had quality problems with the first era of retros, and realistically the retros resembled their OG counterparts. And now they're trying to improve their products back to where they started, so expect to see higher prices. As much as i don't like it, if they're putting more attention on the aesthetics and overall quality, the factory workers need that $$$.

things fell off every year after 2007 starting with the CDPs which seemed really bad at the time but seem good now compared to where we're at in 2014

like somebody said prices were going up anyway and that hasn't stopped any of you from buying anything you really wanted so dudes really need to get off the high horse like everybody else is brainwashed and so dumb

If the quality increases for another $20 Im for it. Although I'll remain a skeptic. At least until they put truth behind the words written/spoke via shoes they produce..
Well the plan is already in execution judging from those samples that are pictured. They are spending millions on new plants, molds, and manufacturing techniques. We will see how well they execute their executive plan

What really get's me heated is this same tired excuse they keep throwing out that they destroyed shoe molds or don't have originals of a particular model that can be used to re-create said model...

This keeps getting thrown out there every time the topic of quality comes up...It's total BS since they literally have an entire storage facility that they call the "DNA Warehouse" where, I'd imagine, at least 95% of their original models / samples / and designs are stored...

It's just a lame excuse they have been using for what seems like forever to excuse this junk they've been releasing...

Here is a video where Tinker Hatfield actually talks about and strolls through the "DNA Warehouse"...

Haven't bought a pair in 6-7 years due to garbage, almost one time use quality. No colorway, no model will change that. The prices on top of that are ridiculous.

This new upgrade basically is telling you that all the recent errors you've bought are garbage :lol:

20 bucks more? Doesn't sound like much right? We'll that's actually added into what they've ALREADY added to the price. :lol:

you havent bought a pair in 7 years and don't wanna hear about Jordan trying to improve...

so why are you still on this site? to complain?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom