Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Those 6's coming out are the beginning btw. That champ pack or whatever. The green ones and the tan ones.

1st of many to come

Well at least we are getting a better product with their greed. Nike air needs to be included in that 10-15% . They should have been doing this. The nike sig line at least justifies their price hike with new technology.

remastered is a way for them to get more money from you for the same product

if they wanna remaster a shoe, do an OG 1 high and you will have all of my money including a majority of others

Well at least we are getting a better product with their greed. Nike air needs to be included in that 10-15% . They should have been doing this. The nike sig line at least justifies their price hike with new technology.
Exactly. People talking about inflation acting like the technology used in those shoes when they originally released wasn't break through stuff back then. There is no way a shoe 20+ years old should fetch the same price it did when it originally released but who am I to tell these JB sheep what to do.

I'm not for the price hike at all, but honestly, there are very, very few pairs I need so this was just in time. Confirmed pairs I'm looking at, only 2, Hares and BC 4s. 2015 is looking perfect. Everything else is a super easy pass, don't care if Space Jams, Cool Greys, or if a crazy PE gets confirmed, will get passed on, especially with the price they'll most likely go for. JB can keep this "new" quality they should've been giving us with the price increases that they have already implemented. Which apparently everyone has forgotten about.

Columbia IV's look awesome! I was dreading them releasing them because of the Tumbled Material used on the Laney V last year. It was horrible. The new pics, the leather is what they used on the 99 pair and it was butter. I beat those to the ground and will definitely be buying another two pairs.

As far as the regular IV goes, I want them to correct the Netting most of all. Whatever they are using now is garbage and makes the shoe look cheap. On the Columbia and Oreo IV, it didn't matter because of the leather used instead.

I would also like Nike Air to be back on the OG colorways at least. The thought of getting True Blue III's and Fire Red III's with Nike Air and Real Tumbled Leather is very exciting. Which also means that when the Maroon VI retros, it will be under this program and the Mixture of Tumbled and Smooth Leather on them will be awesome!

I have no problem with the 20 dollar increase. If OG II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX were always wearable they would go for insane amounts. If we can get close to it at a fraction of the price, Im all for it. People are paying above 200 for almost every III-XIII retro now. Why wouldn't JB raise the price. At least be are getting better materials and actually have proof of it now.

Im excited for this change, and hope Nike follows suit with future retros, seeing how the majority have been used with Vinyl like materials.

i think theyre working their way back toward using Nike Air on the back of 3s, 4s, and 5s. ill easily pay 200 for 85-2005 quality

wasnt chicago 1's rumored to release in 2015?

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

hype will be ridiculous if they are "remastered"

too much speculating going on, I just hate how people are calling BS even tho they had something to show for their claims and even the Oreo 4s that had leaked ahead of this looked miles ahead of what we've been getting. I'm sure prices will increase but there's no point in even trying to speculate by how much.
Those pics are staged to look great. When's the last time your big Mac looked like the one on the menu. Pics could be airbrushed for all we know. JB sees what people are paying for their shoes and they want their cut. It would be nice for them to do what their saying but I don't buy it based on their track record. Doesn't make sense IMO.

Give me proper OG 1s, and correct versions of original colorways of IIIs, IVs, Vs, and VIs. That is all I ask....I will pay for a product I want. I will NOT pay for almost. The mentality of "at least they are retroing (insert model here)" has never made sense to me. Do them right or don't waste my time.

Last edited:
oh man some remastered BC3s. 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
 havent copped a pair of jordans in a long time but those would bring me back.

Last edited:
Regarding a possible retro 1 for next year...It doesn't seem to be a question of "If" a re-mastered pair will release but rather when, at least following this new strategy...From what little information has been released thus far they did state that every retro released after spring 2015 would automatically be re-mastered...GR's, Limited Releases, Special 1 offs for MJ...All will be re-mastered...

That being said they did specifically say they would be focusing on the IV, VII, and X...To me this sounds like they way they used to setup the releases of their models in focusing on certain models throughout the year rather than just seemingly dropping a model / colorway at random (Taxi XII from last year for example)...

Thing is what does this actually entail...The info dropped thus far really doesn't explain anything in detail...

I'm going to be very cautious as to how excited I get until actual samples start getting out...

Last edited:
Those pics are staged to look great. When's the last time your big Mac looked like the one on the menu. Pics could be airbrushed for all we know. JB sees what people are paying for their shoes and they want their cut. It would be nice for them to do what their saying but I don't buy it based on their track record. Doesn't make sense IMO.

again, this is all gonna happen a year from now, so it's a little early to call BS. but the Oreo 4 photos that leaked don't really lie. we will know exactly what these shoes are gonna look like when it's time for them to drop

Glad they seem to want to improve, but don't you wonder if this does not, by announcing this now, hurt potentially their reputation with customers, namely us, who are still planning to buy future releases within the next six months?  Yes, hype plays a part, but this is not the pre-internet era.  People, fiends, resellers, all will know.  Perhaps this will ease, only slightly future sales, but I cannot help but wonder if this will not cause disruption for some.

again, this is all gonna happen a year from now, so it's a little early to call BS. but the Oreo 4 photos that leaked don't really lie. we will know exactly what these shoes are gonna look like when it's time for them to drop
Photos don't lie? Photos lie all the time. Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true but JB gotta do more than flash a pretty pic. I think it's too early to belee the hype cuz I'll say it again. Don't fall for a banana in your tailpipe. Time will tell and if I'm wrong I'm wrong and will have no problem admitting it.

Glad they seem to want to improve, but don't you wonder if this does not, by announcing this now, hurt potentially their reputation with customers, namely us, who are still planning to buy future releases within the next six months?  Yes, hype plays a part, but this is not the pre-internet era.  People, fiends, resellers, all will know.  Perhaps this will ease, only slightly future sales, but I cannot help but wonder if this will not cause disruption for some.

I was just thinking this same thing...

Basically they are telling us that all future releases between now and next spring will be sub-par by their own, newly re-imagined, standards...

I'm willing to bet they don't give us a price break on these releases either :lol:...

Honestly though it is kind of odd that they released this info like this...Seems to me that this could have been something that they quietly introduced to their buyers...They could have sat down with a sneaker website of some sort down the road and explained the change in philosophy then...

This is good news if they actually do it. I wouldn't mind paying 185 for cement 4s if they have good leather and a nice shape. While I still feel like a price increase isn't needed to get that quality at the current price point of Jordan's, it is what it is. Literally the only shoe I want is cement 4s though.

JB is a business. They're not going to do anything to cut their profit margins. If there is an increase in quality, you can bet you will pay for it fourfold. The cynic in me, hell the person that has been witnessing the decline in quality over the past 10 or so years, thinks that it's an excuse to justify the increase in prices. From their standpoint, why do they need to increase quality? The vast majority of shoes they put out sell out in minutes. Why announce this now?

Yall got it. As for me? On to TRUE Futurist concepts worth the money, like the adidas zx flux photo app coming out, flyknit/primeknit, or stuff like lunar tech or adidas boost. Not to mention the quality of asics, Saucony, Adidas, and Reeboks have been beyond reproach these last few years without crazy prices. I do hope this pops the "shoe bubble". (Yeah right)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom