Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Am I the only one saving all kinds of cash on these spring releases? Only rumor im interested in is the flu games. I feel like all-star weekend could get interesting too. 

damn didnt know xv's seperate

View media item 1162443
This happened 2 weeks ago walking at the mall.
The forefoot and heel rubber plates both can seperate. It is such a pain to align and glue the forefoot plate back to midsole. I'm going to most likely hire an experience restorer to strip all rubber parts and reglue for both shoes. I tossed my UNC XVs in 2000 for same reason. Another killer of the XV is the vented rubber piece at the back of shoe falling off. The time for a XV retro been overdue for us XV fans

Remastering. LOL. Basically throwing tumbled leather on newer retros and calling it high quality leather. Good marketing gimmick, I'll give them that. Shapes are still bananas.
BTW tumbled leather doesnt mean quality, tumbling just gives texture and detail, full grain leather is the fine thing, but i don't think we'll ever see real FGL on J's! 
frown.gif

View media item 1162443
The forefoot and heel rubber plates both can seperate. It is such a pain to align and glue the forefoot plate back to midsole. I'm going to most likely hire an experience restorer to strip all rubber parts and reglue for both shoes. I tossed my UNC XVs in 2000 for same reason. Another killer of the XV is the vented rubber piece at the back of shoe falling off. The time for a XV retro been overdue for us XV fans

oh no :x

the xv was retroed already and it had poor sales although only the black colorway retroed

This is the only time I have EVER heard XV praise. In fact more often than not I hear how they are the worst Js EVER. It baffles me that Tink made those. :x

I
This is the only time I have EVER heard XV praise. In fact more often than not I hear how they are the worst Js EVER. It baffles me that Tink made those. :x
i don't hate them but the one thing that kills them for me is that sock liner :x it just looks weird along with the way the toe box looks idk there are certain design pieces I would've have changed if it were up to me

View media item 1162443

Yeah, XVs were good for coming apart even when they came out the first time around despite being made with quality materials.

Really? I've never heard of XV's coming apart. Sure some pairs will come apart but for the most part XV's are tanks. My heavily worn OG black pair is still going strong, no signs of separation.

Most of the bashing the XV receives is more from popular opinion than experience with the shoe. Most that had the XV in 2000 don't mind them at all, I know I personally wore thee hell out my XVs back in middle school, and I'd cop again if they get remastered (the 2007 retro was a disgrace)

oh no :x

the xv was retroed already and it had poor sales although only the black colorway retroed

That's what killed it. The laser pair wasn't bad and making the bred pair a limited online release wasn't smart at all when it comes to that shoe.

Really? I've never heard of XV's coming apart. Sure some pairs will come apart but for the most part XV's are tanks. My heavily worn OG black pair is still going strong, no signs of separation.

Mine as well!!!

The cases I saw came from owners who play regular ball like I do, indoors and outdoors. They're comfy and perform well but I wouldn't recommend them as a main shoe to play in outdoors for those who mainly play outdoors.

^for a sec I thought you were talking about Columbia XIs, but then I realized some people call the Midnight 4s columbias

Def doubling columbias, and oreos and if cool greys etc drop yeh il double them too. I don't double but I wanna rock them constant, damn u nike DAMN U!

I've been awaiting a proper retro of the XVII's for quite some time now. My favorite model. Gimme some college blues and croc +'s and I'll be happy

----------

The only ones in the recent remastered pics that are a must for me are the oreos and french blue 7s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom