Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

A lot of people are mentioning the molds and that the older ones (1999 and older) are "better"

Will someone please post some comparisons of the older, superior molded shoes and the newer inferior molded shoes.

I know i can google the old shoes but i want to see what seasoned collectors have to point out cuz I dont know the older stuff well enough to see the various minutia of the older molds.

Thanks!

A lot of people are mentioning the molds and that the older ones (1999 and older) are "better"

Will someone please post some comparisons of the older, superior molded shoes and the newer inferior molded shoes.

I know i can google the old shoes but i want to see what seasoned collectors have to point out cuz I dont know the older stuff well enough to see the various minutia of the older molds.

Thanks!

Im sure there are other Vets who can share some knowledge as well, but Ill link to doe of what I posted back in the BC IV thread a few years ago

Thanks!

Im sure there are other Vets who can share some knowledge as well, but Ill link to doe of what I posted back in the BC IV thread a few years ago

I appreciate taking the time to do that.

Probably already mentioned already, but this whole whole "remastered" thing JB's got going on is just a blatant admission that they've been putting out terrible quality products for the past decade.  How dare they put "quality inspired by the greatest player ever" stamp on all 11s retros from the past 5 years. lol 

Thanks!

I appreciate taking the time to do that.

OK, so this gonna be a long post with some big quotes, apologies in advance

The main difference in the shape of the OG shoes, and how the post-1999 molds ruin the look is reflected in the boxy, curled up toe box
There has also been significant pinching around the mid-foot and heel that is causing the overall shape to go Banana up

View media item 88295
In the above picture of the OG, Ive marked how the toe-box is rolled down so it maintains a nice forward angle. In addition, you can see that the side leather forms the correct parallel "wave pattern" with the outsole. Most modern IV's pinch in here. Finally, the heel bump in the back is pronounced because the overall height of the ankle is higher, demonstrated by the larger space between the midsole and the Wing-Tab

View media item 88294
In this picture we can see the difference that all the pinching has caused in the middle of the shoe. Even if the the toe box was properly rolled down, the inching would probably create a banana-toe effect anyway. But of course, the toe-box is also enormous and bulges up instead of following the angle of the shoe downward

Overall, I know that some of these differences are insignificant to many people, and in the normal retro threads I try to keep the ranting to a minimum. But I would think that if JB is gonna bother to remaster at all, then they should do it right.

The IV is meant to have a sloped, almost triangular look to it that gives it a sleek, forward looking esthetic like this OG below

View media item 1167922

I'll also include this nice comparison pic that shows how important the "wave pattern" leather is to maintaining the proper shape. The 99's kind of have boxy toes, and yet, because the mid-foot leather is wide and parallel, there is enough space below the wing tab and the esthetic of the shoe is maintained
View media item 1167926

Below is my original post on the 2012 BC IV

You can see how little space there was between the wing-tab and the midsole

Last edited:
a 20% price increase on the current $170 Price point is $34... putting the price point over 200... Add tax on top of that...

Lord have mercy on anyone who misses out and has to deal with a reseller :rofl:

10-20%, some sites saying 10-15. 15% is still $25 tho

I said 20ish cuz I thought it was 15-25 but that does seem kinda high even for jb. Had to google it again.

Last edited:
You pretty much pin pointed it all out. If they could only atleast give us the '99 1st Retro. Shape, mold, material etc..

OK, so this gonna be a long post with some big quotes
R E P P E D !!!!!!!

nthat.gif

You pretty much pin pointed it all out. If they could only atleast give us the '99 1st Retro. Shape, mold, material etc..

Zephyr1983 Zephyr1983 - I appreciate how thought out that post was.

I learned a LOT from it.

OK, so this gonna be a long post with some big quotes

R E P P E D !!!!!!!

:nthat:

Appreciate that fellas!
I would love the 99 molds!

I know its nitpicky stuff, but the IV is my favorite Jordan. You wouldn't think these changes would make such difference, but to my eyes its like I'm looking at two different shoes

Needless to say I was hyped about the potential for a return to the proper shape with the remasters
Not so sure anymore… :smh:
but we'll see

Why can't they get the ******* shape of the VIs right. I would like to add some to my collection but not lookin like that.

Why can't they get the ******* shape of the VIs right. I would like to add some to my collection but not lookin like that.
because they dont want to invest 100000s of dollars in a new mould

what even causes JB to make less profit because the new mould will need more materials to manufacture the upper

200 RETAIL 

THE NEW GS SIZING STARTS WITH THE REMASTERING JOINTS TOO

GS = SIZE 3.5-9 STARTING IN JAN 2015

9.5 AND UP = NEW MEN SIZES

JB , and some nike sig stuff 

200 RETAIL 

where did you got this info from ??

im a sz 8, so that means that next year i need to buy shoes in the GS section ?? lol
roll.gif

Last edited:

info going around the big chain stores and mattsos on twitter confirmed it a month ago 
If that info is indeed true, and if this supposed new GS means that sizes 3.5 to 9 don't get the same quality, technology, or even design (cue Air Jordan 4 GS vs mens), then I'm out (probably along with a significant portion of JB's consumer base).  It'd be pretty silly on JB's part to flagrantly push away consumers who have some of the most common and sought after sizes. 

Last edited:

If that info is indeed true, and if this supposed new GS means that sizes 3.5 to 9 don't get the same quality, technology, or even design (cue Air Jordan 4 GS vs mens), then I'm out (probably along with a significant portion of JB's consumer base).  It'd be pretty silly on JB's part to flagrantly push away consumers who have some of the most common and sought after sizes. 
gs sizes will be 150ish next yr too

200 RETAIL 

I heard it was 3.5 to 7.5 but I really didn't believe the person that told me :lol: please don't do it nike I only wear a 8.5/9 :smh:

The tumbled leathers that they used on the 1999 Oreo's and Columbia's are what they use nowadays on high-end women's purses. Super soft and supple.  The so called "remastered" versions shown, although probably much better than the garbage they're using now, do not even come close to what's on the 1999s.

Back
Top Bottom