Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I'm not saying i agree with it by no means. But it is what it is. If u can't afford them or think quality ain't all that......then there's plenty of other kicks for u. Just saying.

They can sell cigarettes for $20 a pack and people are gonna *****......but at the end of the day they gonna pay that $20.

It's all supply and demand. Trust me if knowone wanted hydro it wouldn't be 20 a gram.

On a side note.......I can't think of anything that is still made today that is as good as it was back in the day. Everything is made now a days with cheaper materials.

**** even chocolate chip cookies from chips ahoy ain't the same. Everything has changed. If u keep thinking ur gonna get the old quality.....Ur living a pipe dream.

As consumers all we can do is hope that it even comes close to what it once was.

I'm not saying i agree with it by no means. But it is what it is. If u can't afford them or think quality ain't all that......then there's plenty of other kicks for u. Just saying.

They can sell cigarettes for $20 a pack and people are gonna *****......but at the end of the day they gonna pay that $20.

It's all supply and demand. Trust me if knowone wanted hydro it wouldn't be 20 a gram.

Squares are mostly tax. Both your examples so far have next to nothing to do with inflation

Just compare to other brands and you have the answer, stop being the idiot Jb wants you to be

People dumb enough to fork over the cash on every single ****** release think inflation only hits JB selectively.

Last edited:
texas12064 texas12064 Bad comparisons all around. I mean, it's been repeated often enough, and i've even pointed it out myself, but the main argument Nike's giving for raising prices next year is due to everything being "Remastered" from here on out, and closer to OG quality. Ok, makes sense of a sort, that's not a bad thing....if you ignore the fact that they've been raising prices regardless for years without Remastering anything. So common sense should tell us all that it can't possibly be that they're raising prices again next year, higher than ever, because it costs more. No, not when they've been doing it all along and the quality hasn't changed whatsoever (And has perhaps gotten even worse.) I fully admit i'm still going to be buying various Jordan's next year that have already been announced (Oreo and Columbia lV's, Hare Vll's, Chicago X's, etc.) but i'm not blind to the fact that whatever the change in quality, this price increase is completely unnecessary, and this "Remastered" line is just a stunt so the majority of people won't bat an eyelash.

Last edited:
At the end of the day in my opinion it's supply and demand. Maybe if enough people complain about price......it might drop. But I doubt it. People been complaining heavily these past few years and prices are steadily rising and quality is now being addressed finally from JB. Will it actually change? I'm sure there might be a slight difference but not enough to satisfy the masses.

LMAO texas12064 texas12064 so is that why reebok and Adidas retros still cost the same as OG releases??? Even Nike retros aren't that much more than OG releases if the price has increased! You sound like another JB employee lol! The only difference in the"Remasters" is tumbled leather... Probably still not real leather!

Last edited:
Squares are mostly tax. Both your examples so far have next to nothing to do with inflation
People dumb enough to fork over the cash on every single ****** release think inflation only hits JB selectively.
The dude's right.  I dont remember the exact cost of Jordan 3's in '88 but if you account the value of the dollar then to now, you are at about $200. 

LMAO @texas12064 so is that why reebok and Adidas retros still cost the same as OG releases??? Even Nike retros aren't that much more than OG releases if the price has increased! You sound like another JB employee lol! The only difference in the"Remasters" is tumbled leather... Probably still not real leather!
The inflation numbers are real.  Now maybe Reebok and Adidas dont mind losing some of their profit margin, maybe they source the materials at a better cost, or maybe they cant play the price increase game when they are trying to reach Nike status.

I dont know the reason behind their pricing, but the inflation numbers are real.

I'm agreeing the inflation numbers are right.

What I'm saying is supply and demand comes into play. I don't see or hear about anyone standing in line for no reebok or Adidas.

Back
Top Bottom