Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

There is so much talk about inflation, which I think has nothing to do with the price increase.

At the end of the day, people are going to resellers and paying well above retail for many JB shoes.

Therefore JB would be crazy if they did not increase prices.

All the shoes will still sell out regardless.

Its not great for JB shoe collectors, however its reality now.

JB when the 'remastered' Jordan 4s release, can you fix this cracking on the Jordan 3s & 4s
mad.gif

These are my Jordan 4s from 2006

All I got to say is those black 4s will release on black Friday 2015. I have no source but you heard it here first. 8)

All I know is I'm lookin forward to the Columbia's and Oreo's. The 4's are my all time favorite. I wish I had the OG's to do my own comparison and form my own opinion.

Now that green teal looking 4.......I don't know. Still on the fence about that one.

There is so much talk about inflation, which I think has nothing to do with the price increase.

The prices of the KDs are closer to repping inflation. Like dude said a $3000 PC from the 90s couldn't even keep up with a cell phone much less an $800 computer these days.

Why? Companies have to streamline their engineering/manufacturing process. Don't think for a second that they make the soles and fit to the mold they way they did in 88. Any manufacturing process used in 88 is dated and would result in a lot of waste and take longer to make, therefore costing more money.

Shoes like the KDs are using the most up to date manufacturing processes, materials with the most up to date tech, and thus comparable to what JB and was doing in 88.

1s, 4s, and 5s is really most of the Js I wear. Few 3s and 11s as well.

Would be coppin 7s next year if the shape wasnt garbage.

Lol dudes still claiming inflation?

Nike charges what they can. Its not about inflation

The pippen 2 retroed for ten dollars less than the og.

Thats just one example

Dont be brainwashed by the swoosh or be in denial
I just dont get why this place doesnt believe inflation exists.  Read what I am saying instead of stopping at the word inflation.

Folks - INFLATION is a FACT.  $100 now buys $200.  You cant argue this, but as I said its only half the story.  The other half is JB making money off the hype machine

inflation DOES exist, BUT that's NOT why the price of jordans has increased = END OF THIS STUPID DEBATE!

JB prices increase bc THEY KNOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT, PERIOD! they know they have loyalists that will buy whatever they produce without hesitation, regardless of price AND justify it in their own minds (i used to be one of these ppl). it's essentially nostalgia-based mind control for us older heads and for the youngins, they just wanna have what's deemed as cool by the rest of the world.

[COLOR=#red]THAT is why prices are increasing... DEMAND!! inflation is not even a factor when it comes to JB raising prices. whoever thinks it is....[/COLOR] :smh:

Last edited:
inflation DOES exist, BUT that's NOT why the price of jordans has increased = END OF THIS STUPID DEBATE!

JB prices increase bc THEY KNOW THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT, PERIOD! they know they have loyalists that will buy whatever they produce without hesitation, regardless of price AND justify it in their own minds (i used to be one of these ppl). it's essentially nostalgia-based mind control for us older heads and for the youngins, they just wanna have what's deemed as cool by the rest of the world.

THAT is why prices are increasing... DEMAND!! inflation is not even a factor when it comes to JB raising prices. whoever thinks it is....
mean.gif
well Demand is why anything sells in general.. if there were no demand for a product no one would buy it.. thats macro economics 101 my friend.. but to say inflation doesnt exist in Jordan brand pricing is ignorant. 

Manufacturing cost increase + shipping cost Increase + salary of employees increase + demand of product = increased prices,

Price increase is not all DUE to inflation and I dont think anyone is saying that, but it defiently plays a big part,

idk if you can say it plays a big in JB price increases since a majority of the price increases within the past few years wasn't really justifiable but I'm holding my honest opinion when i get some of these remastered jays in my hand

well Demand is why anything sells in general.. if there were no demand for a product no one would buy it.. thats macro economics 101 my friend.. but to say inflation doesnt exist in Jordan brand pricing is ignorant.

Manufacturing cost increase + shipping cost Increase + salary of employees increase + demand of product = increased prices,

Price increase is not all DUE to inflation and I dont think anyone is saying that, but it defiently plays a big part,
Dont do it man.. I tried explaining this and some folks just dont get it.  They want to think that JB is out to get them.

How does it play a big part when there is ZERO R&D costs involved??  If you were talking the game shoe, I could see it but not on a 25-30 year old shoe with no updates...

How does it play a big part when there is ZERO R&D costs involved??  If you were talking the game shoe, I could see it but not on a 25-30 year old shoe with no updates...
Dude, R&D has zero to do with inflation.

What people in here cant wrap their heads around is that Inflation is ONE PART OF THE HIKE, the other is the hype machine that is JB.  Why cant the folks who dont believe in inflation realize its not one or the other - ITS BOTH!

Back
Top Bottom