Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

Those prices have nothing to do with inflation.....that's exclusivity.

JB - let's call em exclusive so we can hit these mofos over the head with price.

PUBLIC - oh snap there exclusive, let's gobble em up.

At least you can see that! I'm still waiting on some other posters to explain how inflation factors in with those releases...
Yo listen.  There are two factors at play here - its not just one or the other.

The numbers dont lie, inflation is for real.  $100 in 88 cost $200 now and thats not up for debate.  The other factor is the hype machine - JB puts out a shoe at $250 plus cause they know people are going to buy it.  And dont hate on JB for that thats business.  When JB raises their price and people stop buying, thats when they know its time to rethink things.

As I have stated several times already 2006 was the last year I purchased a pair of Jordan's! That's right around the time the quality decreased and the prices increased... I think JB is now overrated and overpriced and it is amazing to me how many people don't know or don't care that they taking it up the rear!

The dude's right.  I dont remember the exact cost of Jordan 3's in '88 but if you account the value of the dollar then to now, you are at about $200. 

View media item 1186282

View media item 1186283

He would be right if they were still using premium Italian leather

The ATC II came out the same year as the IVs. Both retailing for 120. Guess what price the ATC IIs are? Jordans are now $200. Also the Grand Slam ATC IIs best leather they have used in any nike shoe for 10ish years. The quality went down with JB but the prices went up.

Nike is lucky they have the dumbest customers

Last edited:
Lol dudes still claiming inflation?

Nike charges what they can. Its not about inflation

The pippen 2 retroed for ten dollars less than the og.

Thats just one example

Dont be brainwashed by the swoosh or be in denial

Lol dudes still claiming inflation?

Nike charges what they can. Its not about inflation

The pippen 2 retroed for ten dollars less than the og.

Thats just one example

Dont be brainwashed by the swoosh or be in denial
I just dont get why this place doesnt believe inflation exists.  Read what I am saying instead of stopping at the word inflation.

Folks - INFLATION is a FACT.  $100 now buys $200.  You cant argue this, but as I said its only half the story.  The other half is JB making money off the hype machine

I just dont get why this place doesnt believe inflation exists.  Read what I am saying instead of stopping at the word inflation.

Folks - INFLATION is a FACT.  $100 now buys $200.  You cant argue this, but as I said its only half the story.  The other half is JB making money off the hype machine

I can argue it.

Nike Flight 89's cost in 1989 was $90, only last year did they bump up to $115. Why are Jordan 3's so special. Demand? Probably so.

Look at computers, in 1997 I bought a Packard Bell with 32mb ram/1600 mb hard drive ran me around $3000, now I can get VERY GOOD pc that is a million times better for about $600.

Inflation does exist, but I don't know how they adjust it. I went into medical, not economics.

Last edited:
I can argue it.

Nike Flight 89's cost in 1989 was $90, only last year did they bump up to $115. Why are Jordan 3's so special. Demand? Probably so.

Look at computers, in 1997 I bought a Packard Bell with 32mb ram/1600 mb hard drive ran me around $3000, now I can get VERY GOOD pc that is a million times better for about $600.

Inflation does exist, but I don't know how they adjust it. I went into medical, not economics.
You can argue it but you cant win, and you cant compare computers to shoes.  When looking at technology, the cost always slides down as manufacturing costs decrease etc etc.

I give up on this discussion though.  The folks who think there is no difference in cost between then and now wont ever agree.  Pointless.

Whenever I bring up Nike Flight 89s, no one seems to have an answer.

If you want to silence inflation talk, just mention this shoe. :rofl:

You can argue it but you cant win, and you cant compare computers to shoes.  When looking at technology, the cost always slides down as manufacturing costs decrease etc etc.

I give up on this discussion though.  The folks who think there is no difference in cost between then and now wont ever agree.  Pointless.

But you had no problem with dude comparing them to cigarrettes which the prices are artificially high due to tax. foh.

Whenever I bring up Nike Flight 89s, no one seems to have an answer.

If you want to silence inflation talk, just mention this shoe. :rofl:

They really don't. Same with when I bring up the ATC IIs.

There are so many exmaples I don't know why dudes still run their mouths. Dunks are another; the last Penny 1 retro, was CHEAPER than the OG release

The price increase, perceived by Nike or anyone as inflation is completely wrong.

The price increase is very simple to explain: "When I signed my contract,  the first thing I did was purchase every pair of Air Jordan shoes that I've ever wanted"

Im sorry but the inflation argument when it comes to JB/Nike doesn't fly and the examples stated earlier prove it.  Now, if we were talking about shoes with new tech and recouping costs from R&D, then I think the inflation argument can fly.  When it comes to retros, it's simple.  As homeboy stated earlier, supply and demand and we all see it. Retros, $200 coming up!!   Demand for Foams??  Let's jack the price up to $250 and so on... meanwhile ATC II's, '89s, Pips, etc barely change. 

Back
Top Bottom