Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

I thought the Remastering started in the spring of 2015, so will anything before that be 170? Or is the price hike starting as soon as the year begins?

Clothing brands seem to mainly split the year into Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter halves, with Spring/Summer starting at the top of the year.

I'd say the price increase is damn near already in action though; since the Black Infrared VIs are going to be $185 along with most of the XIII retros this holiday season and this Christmas' XIs are $200 as far as we know.

Last edited:
If JB can get the original molds or very close to it, i mean almost identical, then i have no problem paying more.
If we're still getting banana shaped shoes then I'll pass.
As long as they're made in china they'll be inferior to what they could be, the Chinese are not very good at reproduction, or production in general really.

Made in China = bottom of the barrel.

Made in USA = top quality consumer products.

I thought the Remastering started in the spring of 2015, so will anything before that be 170? Or is the price hike starting as soon as the year begins?
I'm pretty sure the price hike has already started. I don't think anything else is going to be 170 this year. unless it's 1s which will probably be 160
sick.gif
. the remastering is supposedly starting in spring 2015 but I believe for retail season that is earlier than the actual spring season. not sure about that though

lmao the only people losing here are the new cats who just started buying shoes after the hype began.. i got to enjoy every single numbered jordan for under 150 dollars .. now they are going start charging people 200 plus after taxes thats crazy. the greed is going to destroy them. im sure it wont be today or 5 years from but like everything thats hight must come down.. 500.00 for some 1s lmao 250 for 6s come on..

If JB can get the original molds or very close to it, i mean almost identical, then i have no problem paying more.

If we're still getting banana shaped shoes then I'll pass.
As long as they're made in china they'll be inferior to what they could be, the Chinese are not very good at reproduction, or production in general really.
Made in China = bottom of the barrel.
Made in USA = top quality consumer products.

Remind me when Nike made J's in the US?

Vietnam and Korea or wherever it was before JB took over was better than China. anything's better than China.

I'm just saying don't ever expect little details done right on a reproduction that's made in China, the materials should be a little more respectable but the cuts will always be way off, look at OG IV's and compare them to the remastered VI's the patterns are off, look at the shape of those leather panels on the toes/side of the forefoot, it's the entire show really, china always does an awful job with cut and sew. Use the lining in these two sneakers to notice how different the cut is, when they say they're getting them as close as humanly possible to OGs that's a bullfaced lie.

Last edited:
Vietnam and Korea or wherever it was before JB took over was better than China. anything's better than China.

Oh ait I gotcha

Although to be honest, I still doubt that not using Vietnam factories is the reason for the decline in quality
If JB wanted stuff made top-notch best believe China factories would make them top-notch

Last edited:

^No, the Chinese don't have an eye for detail, neither do the Koreans, if they truly want to remaster they need to be made in the first world, it'll never happen though.

I think a lot gets lost in translation too.
My OG BRED 11's were made in China.  So, I am not sure it is a quality issue associated with a race of people.  Maybe the quality issues reside within the cheap quality of materials, and the often slave like working conditions those working in these factories face. 

I'm just saying don't ever expect little details done right on a reproduction that's made in China, the materials should be a little more respectable but the cuts will always be way off, look at OG IV's and compare them to the remastered VI's the patterns are off, look at the shape of those leather panels on the toes/side of the forefoot, it's the entire show really, china always does an awful job with cut and sew. Use the lining in these two sneakers to notice how different the cut is, when they say they're getting them as close as humanly possible to OGs that's a bullfaced lie.
They basically made the 4s a low cut for awhile now. But I'm not sure if those are supposedly supposed to be a remastered retro or not. Not sure if January is spring season for retail or not but they claim 2015 spring.
eyes.gif
 who knows but I'm sure they won't change up the shapes as drastically as I would like you're right about that. They don't want to stir away  the youngsters (their main consumer for now and for the future) since they are the only ones dumb enough to keep shelling out 200+ (at least you would hope but there are plenty of older idiots as well). 
mean.gif
 If they change it too much from what they been copping they might not beast over it as much. Safe to say I'm done buying Jordans. I wouldn't pay 175 even if it was an exact clone of OG let alone 190 or whatever the hell they are asking. 170 was my bottomline and I'm upset I copped so many at that price. There is absolutely no reason these shoes should be so expensive these days other than flat out corporate GREED and foolish young consumers. RIP

My OG BRED 11's were made in China.  So, I am not sure it is a quality issue associated with a race of people.  Maybe the quality issues reside within the cheap quality of materials, and the often slave like working conditions those working in these factories face. 
exactly. it's not the location. it's the BUDGET. If you cheap out on everything, the product suffers. If you give the workers almost nothing to make them, they will put in almost no effort.

THIS.

Nike/JB decide the quality of material to be used on the product, not the factory.

exactly. it's not the location. it's the BUDGET. If you cheap out on everything, the product suffers. If you give the workers almost nothing to make them, they will put in almost no effort.

They basically made the 4s a low cut for awhile now. But I'm not sure if those are supposedly supposed to be a remastered retro or not. Not sure if January is spring season for retail or not but they claim 2015 spring.
eyes.gif
 who knows but I'm sure they won't change up the shapes as drastically as I would like you're right about that. They don't want to stir away  the youngsters (their main consumer for now and for the future) since they are the only ones dumb enough to keep shelling out 200+ (at least you would hope but there are plenty of older idiots as well). 
mean.gif
 If they change it too much from what they been copping they might not beast over it as much. Safe to say I'm done buying Jordans. I wouldn't pay 175 even if it was an exact clone of OG let alone 190 or whatever the hell they are asking. 170 was my bottomline and I'm upset I copped so many at that price. There is absolutely no reason these shoes should be so expensive these days other than flat out corporate GREED and foolish young consumers. RIP
dunno where u read that but remastered is set to start at beginning of 2015, not spring.

As far as nike calendar goes (I think fiscal too but not sure) spring is jan- March summer is April-June so on and so forth.

Pretty sure I'm in the minority but I prefer the new shape of 4s but the tongue is definitely OD tho

Edit: terrible spelling

Last edited:
As far as nike calendar goes (I think fiscal too but not sure) spring is jan- March summer is April-June so on and so forth.

Pretty sure I'm in the minority but I prefer the new shape of 4s but the tongue is definitely OD tho

Edit: terrible spelling
It's not just Nike.  Every fashion retailer is the same.  The products are always one month ahead of the actual season.

Fall = Winter

Winter = Spring
Spring = Summer

Summer = Fall

So now they decide to "grace" the world with "remastered" versions when they shoulda stayed as true as possible to the OG's and a rate increase? :smh: I surely hope this means no more paint cracking after wearing a shoe 3 times :lol: haven't bought a pair of Jordan's since the XI / XII countdown pack an looks like I'll continue to not buy.

Oh ait I gotcha

Although to be honest, I still doubt that not using Vietnam factories is the reason for the decline in quality
If JB wanted stuff made top-notch best believe China factories would make them top-notch

I think China has something to do with it.

Look at the drop in quality in Nike Sportswear when they went from Taiwanese factories to Chinese ones.

But you right, no excuses, if JB really cared they could force Chinese factories to get it right. But it is clear that they don't, and have no problem lying straight to the face of their customers.

I don't blame them though, the sneaker "media" is trash. No one will air JB out in fear of not getting invited to events, and the the people that do care about quality and molds/shape are now the vocal minority.

Last edited:

it's the shape of the shoe that is the biggest problem, which has nothing do to with factory workers and everything to do with designers that were not concerned with making actually attractive molds. factory workers are on an assembly line, they only work with what they are given.

basically it comes down to Nike being cheap because making new molds is expensive

The shape of a shoe has absolutely nothing to do with a shoes quality. The shape of a shoe could have been off from shoe to shoe in the original run, however, when discussing QUALITY I thought the issue was the shoe falling apart, cracking midsoles, paint falling off, their turning yellow too quickly, cushioning setups going dead after three runs, that is the sort of quality issues I am mainly concerned with.

I play in my shoes and if I am going to pay more, I want a durable, well made product in order to justify a price increase.

Back
Top Bottom