Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

220 for the 20s is crazy. Now the only ones justifiable for that price 15-23, would definitely be the 17s...maybe 18s
come on man what kind of logic are you using? just based on how much you like the shoe? that's  EXACTLY what JB is doing and wants people to accept.  Sadly the majority have. people can't simply pass on overpriced 11s, 13s, and now 1s. NO RETROS SHOULD HAVE A RANDOM TARIFF JUST  BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT IT. period. They are all already highly overpriced. look at the CDPs. If JB could sell us 1-22 for 155 each with a different production box (since some idiots try to justify price increases for "special" boxes
sick.gif
) even if the shoe originally retailed for more.... why do they have to charge us 220 now? Why would you be ok with them charging you 220 for 17s and 18s when both of those shoes had very different original retail prices? How is 220 for the 20s anymore crazy than 220 for the 18s when they both had THE SAME ORIGINAL RETAIL PRICE? Sorry but you are using about the same amount of logic as JB. "They like it, they'll buy it, charge them more."
tired.gif
 I know it's just beating a dead horse because people are too far gone to change their ways but some of you really need to think about what you're saying sometimes

come on man what kind of logic are you using? just based on how much you like the shoe? that's  EXACTLY what JB is doing and wants people to accept.  Sadly the majority have. people can't simply pass on overpriced 11s, 13s, and now 1s. NO RETROS SHOULD HAVE A RANDOM TARIFF JUST  BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT IT. period. They are all already highly overpriced. look at the CDPs. If JB could sell us 1-22 for 155 each with a different production box (since some idiots try to justify price increases for "special" boxes
sick.gif
) even if the shoe originally retailed for more.... why do they have to charge us 220 now? Why would you be ok with them charging you 220 for 17s and 18s when both of those shoes had very different original retail prices? How is 220 for the 20s anymore crazy than 220 for the 18s when they both had THE SAME ORIGINAL RETAIL PRICE? Sorry but you are using about the same amount of logic as JB. "They like it, they'll buy it, charge them more."
tired.gif
 I know it's just beating a dead horse because people are too far gone to change their ways but some of you really need to think about what you're saying sometimes
Chuuuuuch!

sick.gif
tired.gif
Say's the guy trying to resell his his shoes above retail price.  Ok for you to make a buck but bad for Jordan
roll.gif

ATTENTION:

I have DS royal 1s and DS black/red 1s available for trade size 10.5. Trade me your GR's!! 2 for 3 trades only. size 10.5

most wanted: white/black 13s, obsidian 12s, last shot 14s. HMU
pimp.gif

Say's the guy trying to resell his his shoes above retail price.  Ok for you to make a buck but bad for Jordan
roll.gif

ATTENTION:

I have DS royal 1s and DS black/red 1s available for trade size 10.5. Trade me your GR's!! 2 for 3 trades only. size 10.5

pimp.gif
Where's a price? All I see is available for trade... you should be banned!

Last edited:
^^dude do me a favour and just dont reply to me anymore.  Ignore my posts which do not pertain to you and leave it alone.

Edit - nevermind.  Found out how to block someone so this dude is off my lists..

Last edited:

roll.gif

ATTENTION:

pimp.gif
once again your logic makes little sense. you are talking about the resale market here. first of all...... the 2 shoes I have would probably resell for MORE than the 3 I am looking for. So I would be the one losing money there if you look at it from a $ standpoint. It doesn't matter what I payed for them retail because this is the resale market we are dealing with. I fail to see how that compares to a multi jillion dollar company with pretty much a monopoly on the entire athletic market nickel and dimeing (or in their case 20dollarsing) people left and right entirely based on demand of the product. people let resellers do it to them, now store managers to reserve pairs and now nike. just a bunch of sheep in this game. also I have never resold anything

Last edited:
It seems that Nike has pushed the envelope with the pricing of Kobe's, LeBron's and then even Durant's lines. If those shoe made entirely of plastic can retail at two hundred, I guess they feel that those shoe still made of leather, and then of higher quality, should retail at that price as well.

If this is indeed the case, I hope Nike winds up shooting themselves in the foot, with sales in their basketball division taking a hit due to that comparison between leather goods, and engineered mesh, which is nothing but an insult to consumers at such a high price point.   

Those statistics say that the labor costs $2.75 per shoe to make. Nike sweatshop employees didn't make $2 per DAY back then (or even now, for that matter), even with forced overtime. Meanwhile, there's a whole US-based department for product testing and development, and I assure you it commanded more than $.025 per shoe to run. Take the testers alone. Even if they got paid in products vs. cash, the cost of the products by nature would exceed $.025/shoe. Yet according to those statistics, the claim is that the cost of labor was 11x greater than what the R&D cost? Sorry, but I don't buy that for a second.

And where is MJ's cut of the profits in that equation (another cost that has to be recuperated)? I don't know off hand what he was getting in '95, but he was given $500k/yr by Nike for the 1st 5 years+ a piece of the revenue earned from sales to start things off. He had to still have been making at least that much by '95. Why isn't that factored into the cost? What about the team of designers? Did they work for free? I'm pretty sure Tinker Hatfield's salary alone had to add more cost than the labor per shoe. Is that $.25 claiming to have encompassed all those costs into the shoe?

And it looks like these are averages of Nike shoes in general? That doesn't help when we're talking about a specific line of a brand, especially when that line is considered to be amongst their flagships in performance. Obviously, a low end Nike eradicates a lot of costs (less extensive R&D, less time/talent spent on design, endorsements, marketing, etc).
I don't think anyone is completely disregarding inflation. Of COURSE it's a factor. I'm just pointing out that inflation alone in no way, shape or form justifies the price increases, nor is it even the biggest factor. The main driver of price in this case is sales. Nike keeps bumping up the price of the product, and the product keeps selling, so why would they stop? That's every business' dream come true. If tomorrow, everyone and their brother decided to stick to some principals for once and stopped buying AJs they're less than satisfied with, JB would be forced to reevaluate their product quality and/or pricing. But since that's not going to happen, they will continue to increase prices (thus profit margins) until they find that ceiling price where it won't sell anymore. Again, good on them for milking the cash cow, bad on consumers for continuing to provide the milk.
There are several factors on why one product would sit over another. When the infrared VI pack came out, believe it or not, as rare and sought after as they were, there were still places that had a pack or 2 sitting even a couple weeks after release. Does that mean they were charging too much for them, or that they weren't as popular as first thought? Not necessarily. Part of the problem was that it followed on the heals of the non-infrared release. It's about timing, popularity varying from region to region, quantity produced, etc. For example, if they can sell a decent chunk of Foams at $250, then "reduce" them to $200, or $150 to get rid of the rest, they still come out that much better than starting them off at $200 or $150.

The real question you should be asking is if inflation is a major factor in the price increases, why aren't the percentages of the price increases from shoe to shoe a bit closer?
What's up, Rob!? Just living the dream. Thought I'd pop in since it's been a while. I see nothing's changed.
laugh.gif
The cost of someone like MJ/Bron/KD is all factored in "marketing" which is about 13 percent of Nikes total budget for shoes.. like I said R &D is a VERY small portion of the cost of shoes.. nothing you said changes that..

and obviosly inflation alone is not the sole reason for price increases... I am trying to say its part of the reason..

but no one in here seems to beleive that..

Last edited:
@AKsuited
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You more worried about me than I am about you... Trust me dude I'm far from stressed! Sneakers are only expensive because people are stupid enough to pay the expensive price! One day you will become a man and understand this until then... Go relieve yourself!
Jordans have always BEEN one of the most expensive shoes.. you act like in the 90s everyone was rocking Jordans, they 120 dollars back in the 90s was a crazy amount of money for a pair of sneakers.. 

i have pretty much pass on most JB releases this year.. but I plan copping the french blue VII and the Columbia 4's next year.. they look amazing so far..

Jordans have always BEEN one of the most expensive shoes.. you act like in the 90s everyone was rocking Jordans, they 120 dollars back in the 90s was a crazy amount of money for a pair of sneakers.. 
In New Orleans, where I grew up, everybody was rocking Jordan's... What does your response have to do with what I posted days ago anyway? Nevermind... I have left it alone you should do the same!

The XXs are one of the most comfortable Air Jordan models ever produced. 220 is a bit steep but don't sleep on that comfort. Feel like pillows on your feet unlike most Jordan models........bricks :lol:

The XXs are one of the most comfortable Air Jordan models ever produced. 220 is a bit steep but don't sleep on that comfort. Feel like pillows on your feet unlike most Jordan models........bricks :lol:

maybe the OG's did..but the cdp's felt like bricks..

I thought the Remastering started in the spring of 2015, so will anything before that be 170? Or is the price hike starting as soon as the year begins?

Back
Top Bottom