Jordan getting rid of release dates in 2016

Here's the thing...

With no announcement of release dates, Nike will force consumers to cop what is sitting on the shelves. This is what Nike is doing to combat pairs that are sitting because Nike has strategically decided to mass produce pairs. Let's take the NA Bred 4s that is rumored to drop in 2016, for example. We know WC 4s are droppin' in Feb, and these will obviously sell out. But there are a bunch of other NON-OG colorways of 2s, 4s, and 5 lows - all dubbed the AJ Spring Collection - that will release at roughly around the same time. There is a good chance a lot of these shoes will sit, especially if Nike mass produces them. If JB formally announces that the Bred 4s are releasing in April, then a lot of people may forgo a few of the Spring Collection pairs in order to save $$$ for the Bred 4s. This will cause pairs to sit on shelves. But if Nike doesn't announce a release date for the Bred 4s, people will be "forced" to cop what's on the shelves because most people won't have the ability to plan for future releases therefore they won't want to wait if there is uncertainty that the Bred 4s may not release all the way until Black Friday.

Just my thoughts.
Nobody's out here so thirsty for buying some Jays that they're gonna drop $200+ just because.

Or they could just not purchase those sneakers and wait till the Bred 4s come out.
Hundreds of thousands of people and shoeheads don't have that kind of discipline to hang on to their money. It's called an impulsive need for "instant gratification."

Nobody's out here so thirsty for buying some Jays that they're gonna drop $200+ just because.
Depends on the market. Plus there will be some retros that will be sitting on shelves with a price of $190 and if JB doesn't announce release dates on certain OG remasters, there is a higher chance that $190 retros will eventually sell out sooner than later. But I do see the $220 pairs that are not so desirable sitting.

Or they could just not purchase those sneakers and wait till the Bred 4s come out.

Hundreds of thousands of people and shoeheads don't have that kind of discipline to hang on to their money. It's called an impulsive need for "instant gratification."
NT reaches are incredible. Most sneakerheads don't even have the discretionary income to afford the habit. Thats why you always see posts on here talking about "There's too much heat dropping. I have to pass on abc to get xyz".

No one is going to be walking into store every weekend checking for Bred 4s, not find them, and then say **** it and buy whatever on the shelf because they feel forced to.

NT reaches are incredible. Most sneakerheads don't even have the discretionary income to afford the habit. Thats why you always see posts on here talking about "There's too much heat dropping. I have to pass on abc to get xyz".

No one is going to be walking into store every weekend checking for Bred 4s, not find them, and then say **** it and buy whatever on the shelf because they feel forced to.
+1

"Most sneakerheads don't even have the discretionary income to afford the habit." - Can you quantify this?

I live in one of the two largest markets in the United States and there are thousands upon thousands of people here who have $$$ and disposable income. Don't think that it's only young'uns who cop. Remember, the Air Jordan shoes have been around since the 80s and there are millions in this country who grew up in the 80s and 90s who NOW MAKE SIX FIGURE+ INCOMES all over this country. Which means, Air Jordans are easily attainable for a lot of people.

And do you actually think people are passing on abc to get xyz even though they're saying it on these forums? LOL...that's all talk bruh...I can make the a similar assumption and claim that people who pass on abc will turn around a week later and cop the Aqua 8s because he saw someone at the mall rockin them on feet.

Best believe there is a reason Nike may end up implementing this "No announcement" strategy...and one of those reasons is to ensure that their mass produced retro products that are sitting will move/sell at a much higher rate.

"Most sneakerheads don't even have the discretionary income to afford the habit."

This only applies maybe to the 13-24 age demographic, therefore this statement holds no water.

Sneakerheads are abound in this country and they range between age 10 all the way to age 50+. In fact, if you were to look at each of the major shoe companies' sales figures vs. demographics, I'm willing to bet that the largest chunk of their buyers is in the 25-45 age demographic. Which means solid income streams. It's not a matter of whether or not the sneakerheads can "afford." The BOTTOM LINE is PEOPLE CONTINUE TO BUY WHETHER OR NOT THEY CAN AFFORD IT and the sales figures support this. Nike and JB's goal, meanwhile, is to continue to increase their sales and their production volume. Proof of this is that every year, their profit margins continually increase.

And to support my argument even more:

Let's say we have your typical 21-year old college student who makes $13 per hour and pays little to no rent. It's February and he knows all kinds of J's are on the shelves (which means = OPTIONS). Yet he really wants the OG remastered Bred 4s and Military 4s that he knows will most likely release in 2016 but doesn't know the exact date. Rumors fly that it may be Black Friday or maybe September, but nothing is imminent.

This kid has about $400 budgeted for kicks that he has saved since Christmas, not to mention $50 each pay period that he puts away. Do you think he will wait til the Bred 4s release, which could come as late as December, when he hasn't copped a pair of J's for the last two months? Do you think he'd be itching to spend when he knows there are at least 5 different Air Jordan retros sitting on shelves (3 of which he likes and wouldn't mind owning since he has a couple of $20 off coupons), AND especially when he knows he'll have even more $$$ saved up by the time the Bred 4s or Military 4s drop because he gets consistent income from his job plus every once in a while he could probably sell a pair or two from his own personal collection?

There are more sneakerheads (young and old alike) that are most likely to cop a pair or two every month or every other month than there are those who hold on to their cash for more than 6-8 months waiting for a specific release. That's why they're called "sneakerheads." It's a hobby, and Nike fully capitalizes on these people's consumer behavior (i.e. emotions).

Last edited:
If this happens it will only work for resellers with connections to stores that sell at box price and already have deals in place with managers

I don't understand where all this Black, Red, and Cement Grey 4 rumors started.  I know the Cement 4s, Black Metallic 5s, and Black and Red 12s are to be released but I never heard about the Black, Red, and Cement Grey 4s will be released.  Can someone clarify where the information came from?  Also @160jordansdeep  is right the resellers who have close ties to the stores will obviously get to the stock first because of in store collections, thus putting them back in power.  Also some people impulse buy but not a lot.  Some would skip the minimal releases just to wait for the premium release like the Cement 4s.  I did the same thing this year, I skipped the most of the releases to make sure I had money to buy the Hare 7s and a little bit of money to buy the Chicago 1s too (at retail).

it seems like nike just hates making money, since they go out of their way to implement the stupidest practices

it seems like nike just hates making money, since they go out of their way to implement the stupidest practices
Not really. These practices have been around for ages, they just come back around in cycles depending on the situation of the current market. Nike is beyond profitable. They make so much money that if they completely shut down their Air Jordan retro line, they would still be in business.

Terrible idea. Who says the one guy who walks in the store tell his boys. They all go buy the whole stock and resale to the ppl in the city?

This is gonna be a trip but me personally I will be good. I've made friends with hibbets in my small town past year. I'm the only slim shady around coppin and they actually like it lmao....edit...that sounded semi racist but it's African ladies who work there not whites

Last edited:
I don't where all this Black, Red, and Cement Grey 4 rumors started.  I know the Cement 4s, Black Metallic 5s, and Black and Red 12s are to be released but I never heard about the Black, Red, and Cement Grey 4s will be released.  Can someone clarify where the information came from?  Also @160jordansdeep
 is right the resellers who have close ties to the stores will obviously get to the stock first because of in store collections, thus putting them back in power.  Also some people impulse buy but not a lot.  Some would skip the minimal releases just to wait for the premium release like the Cement 4s.  I did the same thing this year, I skipped the most of the releases to make sure I had money to buy the Hare 7s and a little bit of money to buy the Chicago 1s too (at retail).

I think the rumor came from a Chinese site(s) selling Fakes of the Black Cements, Military Blues and the White Cements The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince .

Just go on YouTube and put in "Air Jordan 4 Retro OG '89 White Cement", and you'll see what I mean.

Video's, showcasing fakes of all three should show up The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince .

I think the rumor came from a Chinese site(s) selling Fakes of the Black Cements, Military Blues and the White Cements @AirSakuragi.

Just go on YouTube and put in "Air Jordan 4 Retro OG '89 White Cement", and you'll see what I mean.

Video's, showcasing fakes of all three should show up @AirSakuragi.
I understand what you're implying, if unauthorized pair are showing up then the authorized versions won't be far behind.  Still seem farfetched though.

I understand what you're implying, if unauthorized pair are showing up then the authorized versions won't be far behind.  Still seem farfetched though.

I hope not, I'm lustin' for the Black Cement 4's with Nike Air, and durabuck like no other The Fresh Prince The Fresh Prince .

I FINALLY (really) UN DS'd my 2012's last Monday, and they're already cracking on the opposite sides of the midsoles on both shoes.

[emoji]128530[/emoji]

Those are my Jordan grails, and I shouldn't have to wait a minute longer.

[emoji]128513[/emoji]

Hell, I already gotta pay $220+...

Last edited:
Copping Camos & Blacks, Shadow Lows, Aqua & Chrome 8s at the end of month and taking January off to recharge then bounce back in February for WC 4s. Looking forward to them hopefully the paint doesn't crack on these

im not buying into this no release date thing... with social media its tough for word of mouth to not spread imo

This, dont know or understand how stores will make their numbers if some releases are sitting on shelves for days when normalky they would b sold out in 10 min. and it won't eliminate chaos, cuz soon as word spreads that a store has a limited or hyped release, ur gonna have kids breaking traffic laws, sprinting in malls, etc. U will also have more camp outs if employees spread word early and more shadiness frm them.

im not buying into this no release date thing... with social media its tough for word of mouth to not spread imo

This, dont know or understand how stores will make their numbers if some releases are sitting on shelves for days when normalky they would b sold out in 10 min. and it won't eliminate chaos, cuz soon as word spreads that a store has a limited or hyped release, ur gonna have kids breaking traffic laws, sprinting in malls, etc. U will also have more camp outs if employees spread word early and more shadiness frm them.
plus all these stores have calenders on their sites which they can update anyway

Idk about this, how would online sales work? Sounds like awesome news to bot owners with page monitors

Back
Top Bottom