Jordan getting rid of release dates in 2016

So if I wanted a pair, I would just have to go to the mall every saturday and constantly check to see if they showed up? Are they going to be sold out while I'm suck at work? I'm not understanding how this benefits anyone, really. Just Nike stirring the pot. thats what im wondering, even if word gets out through social media that will just create chaous at the stores being flooded by pple

I've always been an online guy for releases like that though so if they still give SOME kind of notice to an online release I'm good.

It just doesn't make sense. Especially when you have a finite amount of shoes. You make 200k, you sell 200k, they're gone. Apple and Samsung will make more phones to meet demand. Nike won't make more shoes to meet demand. They'll just hit you with another release. So say I only had one FTL/NT/FNL whatever in my area. They have 100 pairs. Random drop hits, people get word and swarm the store, and I'm SOL.

How am I supposed to react if it's a pair I REALLY wanted? I'm not even about Jays like that anymore, but for the ones I am about I'd be frustrated at Nike for being so ignorant.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, Nike's removing RDs? And shoes will just start dropping randomly?

No more campouts and raffles 
laugh.gif
 although it's gonna be hard for people like me who save up before the RD.

Nike is testing the waters, depending on how this goes they are probably going to start only releasing certain models at Niketowns and Factories. Nike bout to try and make their stores like a "house of hoops" where you go there to buy exclusive stuff other stores don't have. The Jordan store opening has Nike thinking of ways to make more $$ while starving other stores... Nike stock bout to skyrocket

This has the potential to seriously backfire.

Like...the amount of potential chaos that can arise from this is sensational. Thing is, idk how you're going to keep release dates under wraps in 2016 anyway. It just creates a shady black market where resellers can snab kicks snd hijack the prices. By the time the average consumer (and most of us on NT aren't) realizes that the pair of kicks that they want is gone, they'll be forced to hit resellers. This idea puts the power back in the reseller

Aside from Dino, there has been no official word on this. Hopefully it isn't so. I'm all for a better raffle but not this

:D
By the time the average consumer (and most of us on NT aren't) realizes that the pair of kicks that they want is gone, they'll be forced to hit resellers. This idea puts the power back in the reseller
How is this different than what happens now?

Aside: The only difference between the average consumer and a NTer regarding a retro release is that we're talking about it on a web forum. I know plenty of people who don't know what NT is but know about upcoming releases and rumors simply by looking on IG or twitter.

Last edited:
:D
How is this different than what happens now?

Aside: The only difference between the average consumer and a NTer regarding a retro release is that we're talking about it on a web forum. I know plenty of people who don't know what NT is but know about upcoming releases and rumors simply by looking on IG or twitter.

currently people know at least two weeks in advance when a shoe will release, whereas if shoes just drop randomly, you have to react quickly...

mkc1983 mkc1983 I'm referring to the reseller portion. Whether you knew about the release or not, if it sells out you'd still be looking at a reseller. That won't change with the new implementation.

EDIT: I have no idea where that emoji came from in my previous post lol.

Last edited:
left the house at 8am and am just getting back home. was able to secure all my pairs, but they're not all my size like they were supposed to be. :rolleyes

anyway, this is a dope shoe. quality on point. i don't really like the leather tongue so much, but with the leather upper there was no other way. that's my only complaint. although they don't have the history of the OGs, just from a c/w standpoint, these are my new favorite 11s (at least for now).

Perfect. believe it or not, this will make it EASIER to get a pair. Say goodbye to camp outs!

At the current state, I don't think it'll make a major difference. Their shoes are starting to sit right now anyways.

She's are only shooting because of what is being released. Nothing this fall was really hyped. Aqua's and maroons never been that high on the Jordan hype scale and people really hated the way the Bordeaux's were made; the UNC of a colorway many people find bland. Metallics, flu games, white cements, and the Bred 1s have always been high on the Jordan scale. Additionally, the master 12s and the new bred 2s are two retro plus colorways that crap on the horrible colorways of this year.

To sum it up, shoes say because they didn't look great to many and weren't hyped. Next year won't be the same because colorways that are actually popular are dropping.

So with no release dates, does that mean no announcements of releases? For example, the white cements and metallics were announced with dates or the season they'd drop. With no release dates, I wonder if they'd just say, "Bred 4s 2016: could be March could be October".

So with no release dates, does that mean no announcements of releases? For example, the white cements and metallics were announced with dates or the season they'd drop. With no release dates, I wonder if they'd just say, "Bred 4s 2016: could be March could be October".
God this is gonna be so damn wack

Here's the thing...

With no announcement of release dates, Nike will force consumers to cop what is sitting on the shelves. This is what Nike is doing to combat pairs that are sitting because Nike has strategically decided to mass produce pairs. Let's take the NA Bred 4s that is rumored to drop in 2016, for example. We know WC 4s are droppin' in Feb, and these will obviously sell out. But there are a bunch of other NON-OG colorways of 2s, 4s, and 5 lows - all dubbed the AJ Spring Collection - that will release at roughly around the same time. There is a good chance a lot of these shoes will sit, especially if Nike mass produces them. If JB formally announces that the Bred 4s are releasing in April, then a lot of people may forgo a few of the Spring Collection pairs in order to save $$$ for the Bred 4s. This will cause pairs to sit on shelves. But if Nike doesn't announce a release date for the Bred 4s, people will be "forced" to cop what's on the shelves because most people won't have the ability to plan for future releases therefore they won't want to wait if there is uncertainty that the Bred 4s may not release all the way until Black Friday.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Here's the thing...

With no announcement of release dates, Nike will force consumers to cop what is sitting on the shelves. This is what Nike is doing to combat pairs that are sitting because Nike has strategically decided to mass produce pairs. Let's take the NA Bred 4s that is rumored to drop in 2016, for example. We know WC 4s are droppin' in Feb, and these will obviously sell out. But there are a bunch of other NON-OG colorways of 2s, 4s, and 5 lows - all dubbed the AJ Spring Collection - that will release at roughly around the same time. There is a good chance a lot of these shoes will sit, especially if Nike mass produces them. If JB formally announces that the Bred 4s are releasing in April, then a lot of people may forgo a few of the Spring Collection pairs in order to save $$$ for the Bred 4s. This will cause pairs to sit on shelves. But if Nike doesn't announce a release date for the Bred 4s, people will be "forced" to cop what's on the shelves because most people won't have the ability to plan for future releases therefore they won't want to wait if there is uncertainty that the Bred 4s may not release all the way until Black Friday.

Just my thoughts.
Or they could just not purchase those sneakers and wait till the Bred 4s come out.

im not buying into this no release date thing... with social media its tough for word of mouth to not spread imo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom