Jordan his Airness, says he can score 100 points in NBA today.

Michael in his prime against the worst team in the league could easily put up a 100. Kobe made 81 look easy. Michael dropped 63 as an athletic rookie against a championship caliber Celtic team in his rookie season. The NBA has changed since the golden age of bball. The league is more of a finesse game to please the fans. The league has more outstanding athletes than ever now, but the skill level has diminished across the board.

Michael in his prime against the worst team in the league could easily put up a 100. Kobe made 81 look easy. Michael dropped 63 as an athletic rookie against a championship caliber Celtic team in his rookie season. The NBA has changed since the golden age of bball. The league is more of a finesse game to please the fans. The league has more outstanding athletes than ever now, but the skill level has diminished across the board.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

If Paul Pierce could drop 46 points in a single half this past decade, MJ could definitely drop 50 in both + an eventual overtime. If Carmelo Anthony could drop 33 in a single quarter, MJ could definitely drop 25 over four + an eventual overtime against these 0 defense loser teams. Dwight Howard is a 2 time DPOY.
laugh.gif
That just shows how defensively weak this era is. If this was the late 80s or early 90s, I would bet everything I own that Dwight wouldn't finish top 5 in DPOY voting a single season. And I would win.

But gotta love hearing these noobs discredit MJ's 69 point game because it came in an overtime. Maybe you should also mention that MJ grabbed 18 rebounds that game. And had 6 assists, unlike Kobe who had 6 rebounds and 2 assists next to his 81. If prime MJ dedicated an entire season to trying to score as many points as possible, which was Kobe's 05-06 season in a nutshell, and used up the bulk of his energy on the offensive end unlike his 35.0 ppg season where he also won DPOY, you best believe that if MJ didn't drop 100 exactly, he would come very close.

And by the way, what about David Robinson? His 71 came in a non-overtime game.. Does that mean that David Robinson would have a better shot at dropping 100 than MJ?
eyes.gif
Uh fallacy of composition much? Assuming that doing something for one half means means it's the same as doing it for two?

There are a lot more pitchers who have gotten 13 outs of a perfect game than actually get all 27 outs.

If Paul Pierce could drop 46 points in a single half this past decade, MJ could definitely drop 50 in both + an eventual overtime. If Carmelo Anthony could drop 33 in a single quarter, MJ could definitely drop 25 over four + an eventual overtime against these 0 defense loser teams. Dwight Howard is a 2 time DPOY.
laugh.gif
That just shows how defensively weak this era is. If this was the late 80s or early 90s, I would bet everything I own that Dwight wouldn't finish top 5 in DPOY voting a single season. And I would win.

But gotta love hearing these noobs discredit MJ's 69 point game because it came in an overtime. Maybe you should also mention that MJ grabbed 18 rebounds that game. And had 6 assists, unlike Kobe who had 6 rebounds and 2 assists next to his 81. If prime MJ dedicated an entire season to trying to score as many points as possible, which was Kobe's 05-06 season in a nutshell, and used up the bulk of his energy on the offensive end unlike his 35.0 ppg season where he also won DPOY, you best believe that if MJ didn't drop 100 exactly, he would come very close.

And by the way, what about David Robinson? His 71 came in a non-overtime game.. Does that mean that David Robinson would have a better shot at dropping 100 than MJ?
eyes.gif
Uh fallacy of composition much? Assuming that doing something for one half means means it's the same as doing it for two?

There are a lot more pitchers who have gotten 13 outs of a perfect game than actually get all 27 outs.

Originally Posted by MrMiller84

You thinking he dropped 63 against Boston in OT as a rookie already voids your comments

You thinking he dropped 63 against Boston in OT as a rookie already voids your comments

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

I am tired of people downplaying the current era. I am not at work right now so I don't have any time to waste typing out why the current era is better then any other era, but it is.

Don't worry. No one who witnessed the 90s has the time to listen to your weak arguments as to why this era is better, so it all works out.
Speak for yourself...todays era is better than any other era in every sport...skill wise. 

roll.gif

nobody can shoot in the nba

and less than 10 players have a post game

"Nobody from the current era can shoot?" Did Nash, Ray Allen, Kobe, Melo, Durant, Steph Curry retire?

"Less than 10 players have a post game?" You're acting like every big man's last name in today's NBA is Nowitzki. Name any big man from the 90s that had Dirk's all around offensive game: step backs, 3s, turn arounds, mid range, etc ?

Just because one thing is more prevalent in one era doesn't equate to that era being better.

Everything has gotten better since the 90s...to think that basketball (with newer training techniques, more world class trainers not named Tim Grover, more years of film and former players to study) is the one thing that hasn't improved is just foolish.

Quick question to all you '90s was better, everyone forgot to shoot and all they do is dunk in the 2000s' people, are you also going to argue that the international basketball in the 90s was better? Come on guys, take off your Space Jam underwear, stop watching your Pete Maravich dribbling tapes, and actually think about it...

What next, Durant couldn't get buckets, Dwight not swat and rebound everything, Kobe wouldn't have his way in the midrange, Nash wouldn't stroke, LeBron wouldn't chase down and swat down layups in the 90s? Sure, we could argue that MJ would drop buckets, Hakeem would swat and rebound everything, Karl Malone would have his way, Stockton would stroke, and Pippen would block stuff in the 2000s...but it goes both ways.. The fact that you guys consider that anyone thinking 2000s > 1990s is out of their minds makes NO sense.

Would Deron, CP3, Kidd, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose, Wall, Nash, Curry, Jameer, Tyreke, etc. not be able to get burn at PG in the 90s? Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant, Melo wouldn't avg 28+ a game in the 90s? Shane Battier couldn't play the same type of D as Craig effin Ehlo ?
laugh.gif

Big men aren't just post up players because they're expected to be able to shoot as well..look at Kevin Love, Dirk, Odom, Pau, KG, Bosh, etc. They're all a threat from the outside. Is that a bad thing? When you got athletes like Dwight jumping 50+ inches to swat your hook shots then you'd work on your outside shot too.

Like do you guys not believe in evolution? Do you believe Casablanca > Inception, Dreamcast > 360 ? Do you just think that everything that came first is better? If so, why aren't you riding Dr. J's nuts instead of MJ? Like you're going to argue some QB from the 50s with his highlight videos in black and white is better than Peyton Manning? Do you think that when MJ retired the entire human population forgot how to shoot, dribble, all fundamentals? I mean look at the starting 5s of last year's finals...basketball got worse? Sure there's no Karl Malone today, but we do have Tim Duncan (who is 5x better) and we have a whole bunch of players that have no counterparts from the 90s...got players like Rondo (no counterpart) putting up 29, 18, and 13 in a playoff game
sick.gif

I'm not making fun of anyone but I never understood the argument. Like if you really think any assembled team of 5 from the 90s is beating the stuff out of a team of Wade, Kobe, LeBron, KG, and Duncan then you just don't watch basketball...period...I'm not saying the 2000s will win but damn, how can you argue that it would be anything but close?

I am tired of people downplaying the current era. I am not at work right now so I don't have any time to waste typing out why the current era is better then any other era, but it is.

Don't worry. No one who witnessed the 90s has the time to listen to your weak arguments as to why this era is better, so it all works out.
Speak for yourself...todays era is better than any other era in every sport...skill wise. 

roll.gif

"Nobody from the current era can shoot?" Did Nash, Ray Allen, Kobe, Melo, Durant, Steph Curry retire?

"Less than 10 players have a post game?" You're acting like every big man's last name in today's NBA is Nowitzki. Name any big man from the 90s that had Dirk's all around offensive game: step backs, 3s, turn arounds, mid range, etc ?

Just because one thing is more prevalent in one era doesn't equate to that era being better.

Everything has gotten better since the 90s...to think that basketball (with newer training techniques, more world class trainers not named Tim Grover, more years of film and former players to study) is the one thing that hasn't improved is just foolish.

Quick question to all you '90s was better, everyone forgot to shoot and all they do is dunk in the 2000s' people, are you also going to argue that the international basketball in the 90s was better? Come on guys, take off your Space Jam underwear, stop watching your Pete Maravich dribbling tapes, and actually think about it...

What next, Durant couldn't get buckets, Dwight not swat and rebound everything, Kobe wouldn't have his way in the midrange, Nash wouldn't stroke, LeBron wouldn't chase down and swat down layups in the 90s? Sure, we could argue that MJ would drop buckets, Hakeem would swat and rebound everything, Karl Malone would have his way, Stockton would stroke, and Pippen would block stuff in the 2000s...but it goes both ways.. The fact that you guys consider that anyone thinking 2000s > 1990s is out of their minds makes NO sense.

Would Deron, CP3, Kidd, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose, Wall, Nash, Curry, Jameer, Tyreke, etc. not be able to get burn at PG in the 90s? Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Durant, Melo wouldn't avg 28+ a game in the 90s? Shane Battier couldn't play the same type of D as Craig effin Ehlo ?
laugh.gif

Big men aren't just post up players because they're expected to be able to shoot as well..look at Kevin Love, Dirk, Odom, Pau, KG, Bosh, etc. They're all a threat from the outside. Is that a bad thing? When you got athletes like Dwight jumping 50+ inches to swat your hook shots then you'd work on your outside shot too.

Like do you guys not believe in evolution? Do you believe Casablanca > Inception, Dreamcast > 360 ? Do you just think that everything that came first is better? If so, why aren't you riding Dr. J's nuts instead of MJ? Like you're going to argue some QB from the 50s with his highlight videos in black and white is better than Peyton Manning? Do you think that when MJ retired the entire human population forgot how to shoot, dribble, all fundamentals? I mean look at the starting 5s of last year's finals...basketball got worse? Sure there's no Karl Malone today, but we do have Tim Duncan (who is 5x better) and we have a whole bunch of players that have no counterparts from the 90s...got players like Rondo (no counterpart) putting up 29, 18, and 13 in a playoff game
sick.gif

I'm not making fun of anyone but I never understood the argument. Like if you really think any assembled team of 5 from the 90s is beating the stuff out of a team of Wade, Kobe, LeBron, KG, and Duncan then you just don't watch basketball...period...I'm not saying the 2000s will win but damn, how can you argue that it would be anything but close?

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Or the part where there were just more possessions in games back then.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Or the part where there were just more possessions in games back then.

The way I see it, 90=2000.  If you take the best 2000 players put them against the best 90's players I'm sure it can go 7 games. 

The way I see it, 90=2000.  If you take the best 2000 players put them against the best 90's players I'm sure it can go 7 games. 

Originally Posted by 0cks

None of those OG's will respect this era... and why should they? These guys dap each other up after game 1 of playoff games. Mentally these guys would be getting crushed by John Starks much less Mike...Charles Oakley?
30t6p3b.gif
Shaq retiring will be the end of era...

this is one thing i do agree with, i hate that buddy buddy crap. you can be friends when the series is over but when the series is going on your supposed to want to destroy your opponent on the court.

Originally Posted by 0cks

None of those OG's will respect this era... and why should they? These guys dap each other up after game 1 of playoff games. Mentally these guys would be getting crushed by John Starks much less Mike...Charles Oakley?
30t6p3b.gif
Shaq retiring will be the end of era...

this is one thing i do agree with, i hate that buddy buddy crap. you can be friends when the series is over but when the series is going on your supposed to want to destroy your opponent on the court.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

roll.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

lol @ you naming the best shooters in the league

as a whole the league cant shoot

why do you think they dont dominate in international play anymore

dont think its because international play has "improved"

other countries have been good.

we used to trash them in the ninites because we had the advantage in athleticsim but all of our players could shoot too

look at how weak this past usa basketball team was

how many players on there could really post up? chauncey billups? the pg?    lamar odom the sf?

how many of them could shoot??

and lets look at some of the guys that tried out for the team or played for the team

igudola - cant shoot
westbrook - cant shoot
rondo - cant shoot
rose - cant shoot
tyson chandler the only big man on the team - no offensive game at all

and then all those point guards you named

rondo,rose,cp3,kidd - cant shoot

take any average to all star guard from the ninities and they coould ALL shoot.

if you were a guard and couldnt shoot you werent in the league

john stockton,jeff hornacek,tim hardaway,mahmoud abdul-rauf,terell brandon,scott skiles
laugh.gif

even the ones that couldnt shoot that good (avery johnson,rod strickland) still had better midrange games than most of the players today

and dont even get me started on centers

any average back to the basket player from the 90s would score big buckets today

because there arent many quality post up players

and look at the garbage players like luc longley and bill wennington. they could hit the 15 foot jumper consistently.

these trash big men cant shoot for +*@    (im talking about the traditional big men not the perimeter ones)

then you want to point out a player like dirk

yea hes very skilled for a 7 footer,but if your 7 footer is takin nothing but jumpshots you've already lost

perimeter big men dont win championships. the only one that has is garnett,but its not like he was taking the bulk of his teams shots

why do you think tim duncan has dominated so long,because he has a post game

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

roll.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

lol @ you naming the best shooters in the league

as a whole the league cant shoot

why do you think they dont dominate in international play anymore

dont think its because international play has "improved"

other countries have been good.

we used to trash them in the ninites because we had the advantage in athleticsim but all of our players could shoot too

look at how weak this past usa basketball team was

how many players on there could really post up? chauncey billups? the pg?    lamar odom the sf?

how many of them could shoot??

and lets look at some of the guys that tried out for the team or played for the team

igudola - cant shoot
westbrook - cant shoot
rondo - cant shoot
rose - cant shoot
tyson chandler the only big man on the team - no offensive game at all

and then all those point guards you named

rondo,rose,cp3,kidd - cant shoot

take any average to all star guard from the ninities and they coould ALL shoot.

if you were a guard and couldnt shoot you werent in the league

john stockton,jeff hornacek,tim hardaway,mahmoud abdul-rauf,terell brandon,scott skiles
laugh.gif

even the ones that couldnt shoot that good (avery johnson,rod strickland) still had better midrange games than most of the players today

and dont even get me started on centers

any average back to the basket player from the 90s would score big buckets today

because there arent many quality post up players

and look at the garbage players like luc longley and bill wennington. they could hit the 15 foot jumper consistently.

these trash big men cant shoot for +*@    (im talking about the traditional big men not the perimeter ones)

then you want to point out a player like dirk

yea hes very skilled for a 7 footer,but if your 7 footer is takin nothing but jumpshots you've already lost

perimeter big men dont win championships. the only one that has is garnett,but its not like he was taking the bulk of his teams shots

why do you think tim duncan has dominated so long,because he has a post game

So your really going to use that B TEAM world champs to DEFINE the 00-09 era?|

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Its okay man the 90's were good but are NOT better then 00-09.

So your really going to use that B TEAM world champs to DEFINE the 00-09 era?|

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Its okay man the 90's were good but are NOT better then 00-09.

Speak for yourself...todays era is better than any other era in every sport..[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].skill wise. [/color]

I agree 100%, people are just too nostalgic....If i didnt know better i would think everybody who suited up in the 90's was a hall of famer.

Every era is better than the last imo, so i dont see why it would stop @ the 90's.

There arent many well rounded big men today because it has basically turned into a guards league.

Speak for yourself...todays era is better than any other era in every sport..[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].skill wise. [/color]

I agree 100%, people are just too nostalgic....If i didnt know better i would think everybody who suited up in the 90's was a hall of famer.

Every era is better than the last imo, so i dont see why it would stop @ the 90's.

There arent many well rounded big men today because it has basically turned into a guards league.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

so because it's a guards league thats the reason big men dont have any post up game?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom