Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Did we forget already? Game worn pair here… even the tongues are unacceptable for todays “QC” like they ever had good QC to begin with.
655F7216-6062-40D4-BC2E-DE2C7F786F36.jpeg
Nothing wrong with the tongue
He’s wearing them in a game so he probably wasn’t worried about the tongues being perfectly placed

Pretty sure if we could see the ENTIRE front of BOTH shoes there’s no difference in the 🐘 print height

I stopped reading this foolishness right here. Man I'm white af and grew up in Alabama. I was 12 in 1990. My mother stood in line at Champs the night of the release bc my bday was the next day. The next day I was the only kid in school with the Metallic 5's on. People were interrupting my class to see them. So maybe in your area y'all slept but MJ was a thing by 88 in most of the country. Mars Blackmon and the 4's were like the biggest commerical of 1989. Stop with this foolishness that it was black thing until 1992. That's just wrong.

It started in the city though. That's the point. Like most fashion trends do. Then they make their way outwards.

I don't think anyone said white people weren't wearing Jordan, Nike, etc. Everyone was wearing them.

Just talking on the origins.

It started in the city though. That's the point. Like most fashion trends do. Then they make their way outwards.

I don't think anyone said white people weren't wearing Jordan, Nike, etc.

I don't disagree, I was commenting on "Not to sounded racist, because im 100% not racist at all, but Jordans 1,2,3,4,5,6,s was a Black thing" bc that's just not true. MJ was an everyone thing by 88/89. Jordans weren't something that took a long time to crossover. MJ blew up really quick worldwide. This isn't a case of it being a city thing for 5+ years and then the burbs catching up. No, MJ took over everywhere very quick. That Nike marketing machine had him everywhere.

I don't think anyone said white people weren't wearing Jordan, Nike, etc. Everyone was wearing them.

I don't disagree, I was commenting on "Not to sounded racist, because im 100% not racist at all, but Jordans 1,2,3,4,5,6,s was a Black thing" bc that's just not true. MJ was an everyone thing by 88/89. Jordans weren't something that took a long time to crossover. MJ blew up really quick worldwide. This isn't a case of it being a city thing for 5+ years and then the burbs catching up. No, MJ took over everywhere very quick. That Nike marketing machine had him everywhere.
this. The guy with the essay stated that no one like the black community was buying Jordan’s in abundance back then. That’s false. As a kid, that’s all I saw. My first pair of Jordans my mom bought me were maroon 6s in 1991. Suburban neighborhood and schools, kids were wearing and buying them. Again, it may be regional for him but wasn’t the case everywhere.

just cringe and corny af when I hear sneaker culture being tied into the origins of what race wore them or made them popular first. I ain’t mad at non-Asian folks who eat pho or sushi with forks. Wear your shoes or have a tea party with your 10 ds pairs…you like what you like & you do you.

I stopped reading this foolishness right here. Man I'm white af and grew up in Alabama. I was 12 in 1990. My mother stood in line at Champs the night of the release bc my bday was the next day. The next day I was the only kid in school with the Metallic 5's on. People were interrupting my class to see them. So maybe in your area y'all slept but MJ was a thing by 88 in most of the country.

Sh*t son, I flexed them 5s on the first day of 8th grade. I still remember the fit and the hairspray and used that morning, baby 🤣🤣🤣

The worst was having to call around to all the stores and finding the number in the Yellow Pages. Lol

I remember back in the day when everyone would wear their kicks.

Had a pair of OG Infrared VI I beat to DEATH. Only sneakers I wore for like 2 years straight.

I can't recall anyone complaining about yellowing, creasing, etc.

You'd buy them and walk out the store wearing them.

I was young though, like 7 years old so maybe the older crowd was different.

100% I don't recall ever taking the box home to be honest. Wore them out of the store. Sometimes I'd keep my old pair for beater wearing, and sometimes they were so beat I'd just toss them out in the store. Kind of miss those simpler times, but enjoy current times b/c I can actually get what I want any time, even if it's for resale. Back then, if you missed out you were largely out of luck until the next release.

You realize he started playing in the 80's though, right?

and Mars Blackmon was who?
1s weren't a huge thing anywhere, maybe skateboarders. 2's weren't a thing anywhere bc they were awful. 3's is where it jumped off and he took over globally after he jumped from the free throw line in the 88 dunk contest. So there may have been a small 6 months window of him being popular in the urban demographic before he took over the burbs but MJ was the most popular athlete everywhere by the time the 4s came. It was him and Bo Jackson. Acting like he wasn't the biggest thing on the planet until 92 is just funny.

100% I don't recall ever taking the box home to be honest. Wore them out of the store. Sometimes I'd keep my old pair for beater wearing, and sometimes they were so beat I'd just toss them out in the store. Kind of miss those simpler times, but enjoy current times b/c I can actually get what I want any time, even if it's for resale. Back then, if you missed out you were largely out of luck until the next release.
I still have my og 5 box

That post really wasn't referring to y'all who were kids in the 80's and are still wearing Jays. Y'all are good. It's talking about the suburbanites who just 10 years ago you wouldn't catch in a pair of retros.

It all started with that dumb Miley Cyrus song and it spiraled. Juicy J should be ashamed of himself.

This ^^^^^^^^

Jordan had everyone wearing his shoes. That’s why they were best sellers in a time when sneakers didn’t sell out. Not every single release sold out but the man had 15+ models by the time he retired.

It’s divisive to say one race wore them more than the other. Everyone wants to claim MJ as his own. I thought only black people wore Js until I lived around a bunch of Asians and saw them first hand. The thing most of y’all seem to be forgetting is sneaker culture was about community… it was nothing better than lining up early to talk sneakers with like minded folks… guess who was in line? The dough boys, the nerds, the suburbanites, the hood kids.

Y’all too thirsty to flex and prove your “knowledge” that y’all all sound goofy. Now let me go enjoy my one pair.

1s weren't a huge thing anywhere, maybe skateboarders. 2's weren't a thing anywhere bc they were awful. 3's is where it jumped off and he took over globally after he jumped from the free throw line in the 88 dunk contest. So there may have been a small 6 months window of him being popular in the urban demographic before he took over the burbs but MJ was the most popular athlete everywhere by the time the 4s came. It was him and Bo Jackson. Acting like he wasn't the biggest thing on the planet until 92 is just funny.

Bones Bridage/Powell Perelta 😎

lgwqtfswgc0peldak68o.jpg

dw6mt7nuuaiqnzh-1612467024-Copy.jpeg

9941223d062230e73b23fff5ad2b5e2a.jpg

You realize he started playing in the 80's though, right?

and Mars Blackmon was who?

He started playing in the 80s? I had no idea. Cmon now

If you read my post I said he was a global superstar in the 90s, meaning the peak of his popularity was in the 90s. He was already huge on the late 80s but nothing like the 90s

Back
Top Bottom