Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

I stopped reading this foolishness right here. Man I'm white af and grew up in Alabama. I was 12 in 1990. My mother stood in line at Champs the night of the release bc my bday was the next day. The next day I was the only kid in school with the Metallic 5's on. People were interrupting my class to see them. So maybe in your area y'all slept but MJ was a thing by 88 in most of the country. Mars Blackmon and the 4's were like the biggest commerical of 1989. Stop with this foolishness that it was black thing until 1992. That's just wrong.
Yea, as another white person who was 12 in 1990 i can confirm. I’m born and raised in Los Angeles and everyone was wearing J’s: whites, blacks, Asians, Latinos. You name it. It def was not a black thing only. If anything, folks who wore expensive sneakers back then (or didn’t) were divided by CLASS, not race.

My guy said...

"But us (African Americans were the people who wore them in abundance at the beginning, and we were the demographic of people who actually made Nike and these other Shoe companies what they are today.)"

:rofl:

Ignorance is bliss
Seriously smh…what came to my mind with all this demographic talk
2A478139-0FBE-4E90-89C5-3444888733F8.gif

Yea, as another white person who was 12 in 1990 i can confirm. I’m born and raised in Los Angeles and everyone was wearing J’s: whites, blacks, Asians, Latinos. You name it. It def was not a black thing only.

I think the hoarding, which I'm guilty of now, too, is what's really different. That and social media for likes and the internet in general. and not wearing your shoes. But even in 8th grade, my rotation was 15+ pairs deep. Between Jordan's, Cortez's, Flight '89s, Air Max etc

Which one of these elephant prints do you think is preferred?

Attachments

• 268BB35C-937D-46B8-B4E2-17A83301FA37.jpeg
    268BB35C-937D-46B8-B4E2-17A83301FA37.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 464
The Air Jordan 1 was a smash hit. They sold a ton of pairs. The only reason why they went on sale was because they also produced a 💩 ton of pairs and sold them in places you don’t even see them sold now. They were in all kinds of department stores, mom and pop stores, and the larger chains too. I grew up during that time and Jordan was already a superstar as a rookie.

The Air Jordan 1 was a smash hit. They sold a ton of pairs. The only reason why they went on sale was because they also produced a 💩 ton of pairs and sold them in places you don’t even see them sold now. They were in all kinds of department stores, mom and pop stores, and the larger chains too. I grew up during that time and Jordan was already a superstar as a rookie.

They looked just like the '85 retros too.

Back
Top Bottom