Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

That honestly may be the intent because I really know nothing about the guy. But there’s no such thing as just talking to US when YouTube is open to any and everyone. That’s where a majority of resellers get their info and they don’t discriminate when it comes to content. The difference between YouTubers and NikeTalk is that most people won’t sit and read about something they don’t truly care about. They especially not reading through all the miscellaneous stuff. You also can’t blame those people you named because they never claimed to be a part of and for the culture. They did it for the money. Even Mj himself doesn’t care because it’s all about the money for him as well. For a lot of guys I see and have seen on here over the years they truly love these shoes. Even I don’t care that much. They’re just shoes to me. I buy em and wear them once or twice then on to something else. So I’m not speaking for myself personally I’m speaking up for those guys that truly love them. The guys that buy pairs just to look at 😂😂😂
It's sounds like you have a very different perspective of the culture and resell culture amongst the culture than many of us do. I seriously doubt the resellers are tuning in to MJO23DAN MJO23DAN channel. Not because he doesn't have quality content but be sure he doesn't cater to that audience. You can tell just by talking to them. That's his choice to disclose his YouTube analytics though 😂

Lmao Nightwing with his stupid, predictable cut away movie clips is the worst.. Dude has an extensive knowledge of sneakers yet puts out the silliest content ever to try and make his videos “funny” and somehow got his wife in on it as well. It’s so cringe since the dude is like 40 lol

To each his own.....but sheesh. I respect your opinion but Nightwing is solid and getting his wife in on it was genius. I mean, you have to stay relevant and grow the channel somehow 🤷🏿‍♂️. And the way they did it was a out as organic as you could expect. They didn't do any goofy stuff to go viral they just kept putting out quality content and improving the PQ as time went on. Being married I love seeing him and his wife talk sneakers. Same with Mike Rich

If I read the word culture one more time

658309E3-4886-4F9F-94E1-9B3268CA6C03.gif

I own shoes from every brand you named plus more designer brand and they don’t fit or feel anymore premium than retros. They’re able to charge that much because of their name and history not because they’re more premium than brands that charge less. The Jordan retro is 100% a premium shoe brand. “High end” has more to do with branding than actual quality.
Unless it’s a premium release, Nike doesn’t even use real leather. These shoes are cheap and we expect quality? Not only that, but this company we expect change from has never had good QC? Does it suck? Yep. Can we change it? Yep. Will we? Nope. I’ve given up on great quality or QC with Nike/JB.

I dont watch no silly sneaker vids. Those for herbs. I dont need to know how the leather smells or how many times Jordan wore them in the playoffs. :lol:
Respect lol. To me, a silly sneaker vid is trashing a shoe just to show that reshoven8r works or trying to these sneakers come up videos where people are basically finessing. I'll take silly sneaker vids all day. Sneakernomics is hilarious and killing it. Have definitely enjoyed watching Rose Anvil cut shoes in half and fact check these brands claims. I like the other stuff too like Shoezeum.

Lord now we are putting shoetubers on a pedestal for recording themselves talking about SHOES :lol:

I won’t knock the hustle, but I’m a grown *** man and can’t listen to someone talk about a pair of shoes for 15-20 minutes. Showing collections and stuff is cool, but I don’t need to watch someone fondling soles and back tabs of shoes to convince me to buy em.

Stop with the “they do it for the culture BECAUSE THEY CARE!” line, that is so damn corny man :lol:

Shameless plug for da OG cornball :pimp:

MAPLEWOOD BOOTCAMP
SNEAKGEEKZ DOT COM
CULTURE HERO

maxresdefault.jpg

Unless it’s a premium release, Nike doesn’t even use real leather. These shoes are cheap and we expect quality? Not only that, but this company we expect change from has never had good QC? Does it suck? Yep. Can we change it? Yep. Will we? Nope. I’ve given up on great quality or QC with Nike/JB.
Nike doesn’t use premium leather for anything, at all. That’s a misconception because something is limited, the quality of materials is better. The craftsmanship may be, but not materials. I bought my wife a $1000 MCM purse for Christmas, not the most expensive one but you get the point. It’s not even leather at all. It’s coated canvas to look like leather. Louis Vutton does the same thing.

Last edited:
That means NT does the most for the “culture”? That just means its a helpful community. Dawg social media, influencers, YTers, whether you like it or not they are doing the “most” for the culture, good and bad. NT a bunch of washed 30 year olds in ankle socks and joggers in 2023. Aint no one paying attention to us. :lol:

Woah RELAX. Don’t add years to me.

I’m just a young pretentious nerd who gets a little detailed on things I collect.Plus I wear white crews only and no joggers.

Y’all are still way more fun to talk to than most other people my age who’s into sneakers.

Gotta know your audience though, and the sneaker world is heavily populated by cornballs.

Think about it. Weartesters was one of the first dudes out there who did performance reviews, basically taking over where kicksology left off. Since then, he’s basically had to pivot to the same old format of every other “shoetuber” out there. Biggest difference is, Weartesters actually knows his stuff, and he doesn’t shoot his videos inside of a little broom closet with the wall of clear shoe boxes behind him. It was the only way he was going to stay in the algorithm- it’s what these little kids wanna see.
This doesn’t make it any less cringe though.

I moreso meant you have guys like Seth Fowler and Qias Omar who may have a higher subscriber count. But, they serve completely different purposes and have very different audiences than this guy. The people who are the most engaged in the culture are checking out guys like MJO23DAN MJO23DAN . His sub count and the number of viewers on his live says more about the culture than it says about him or his contribution to the game. Fact is, the transient "sneaker heads" control the culture now and are the majority. The genuine sneakers enthusiasts are a minority and most of us don't tune in for the goofy stuff that alot of these shoetuber put out there. And we are often older and more established and busier. We don't have time to drop everything we're doing to hop on a live if we want to or not. For the most part we're not sitting in our parents house watching live mystery box openings complaining about wifi that we don't pay for when the feed starts to lag.

The the other guys are cool. Some of them. But I don't need to see a Jordan 1 or four reviewed every week talking the same script and brick this resell that. I only care about that part to see how hard I may have to try on release day because I'll be competing against the Lawn Chair Mafia and all the little Timmy's and their mom's. 🤣
Let‘s face it, guys like MJO23DAN MJO23DAN and WearTesters are two guys that have the respect of the old school sneaker buyers like myself. It’s because of their genuine love for sneakers and their knowledge of the different models and retros. They aren’t just in it because of hype or a fad or the resale. They would still be doing it even if YouTube never existed or sneakers never made the mainstream.

People should be thanking MJO23DAN MJO23DAN because if it wasn’t for him the Air Ship probably wouldn‘t have seen the light of day, not like what we are seeing now with the different colored retros releasing. Not only that, but he made people aware of the real Banned situation. It was never the AJ 1 like Nike had made people believe with their story.

Guys like them deserve respect. IMO

Back
Top Bottom