Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

CDC62E6E-5578-42C2-AAC8-0F2A12BDF0CD.jpeg
Kinda crazy that he had that Nets jersey in the back, this is probably way back in 2003.

I wonder if that deal was already in the works way back then.

Ma kept me in forces and Js as a kid... Y'all boys been through it all I see. As for lugz, as a kid I always thought they looked good. Never had em tho
It's funny because I remember a kid getting roasted for wearing the white cement 3 94 retro. Kids thought they were fake 🤣. My uncle was a head and kept all his J's and bought every release so, I remembered them from my unc's garage. I tried to defend the kid and say they were in fact real Jordans but it didn't work. I caught a few stray jokes and had to abort mission 🤣. Every time he wore them to recess it was a roast session 🤦🏿‍♂️. Retro's were not the wave back then. You wore the current model Jordan and that's it. At that time a pair of Lugz > Air Jordan 3 White Cement. If you had a First Down coat with 'em you were good in the hood. Wild times
0fa13c616ac27360ff06051fbba94802.jpg

Kinda crazy that he had that Nets jersey in the back, this is probably way back in 2003.

I wonder if that deal was already in the works way back then.
It definitely was. It might've even been a done deal when this was shot. I wanna say news broke that year or in 04. K Mart was also a Reebok Athlete back then and I think he even was an S. Carter athlete along side Jamal Crawford. So either way the Kenyon Martin jersey in the back was a good look for Jay and Reebok and had to be intentional.

When your boy showed up to first period English in these the next day after getting the black/blue 18s, them fools didn’t know what to think :lol: once the girls saw the bands could come off it was game over. Cousin hooked me up with the employee discount on both for my birthday :lol:

bd5738a434912ab13bbd5f0cd6e565de--air-jordan-shoes-the-clean.jpg

Ahhh, the good ol' FBI. One of the only Team J's Mike ever wore in a game!

It definitely was. It might've even been a done deal when this was shot. I wanna say news broke that year or in 04. K Mart was also a Reebok Athlete back then and I think he even was an S. Carter athlete along side Jamal Crawford. So either way the Kenyon Martin jersey in the back was a good look for Jay and Reebok and had to be intentional.

But the Nets deals and rumors didn't start until, 2009-2010????

They played their first season in Brooklyn in 2012-2013.

When your boy showed up to first period English in these the next day after getting the black/blue 18s, them fools didn’t know what to think :lol: once the girls saw the bands could come off it was game over. Cousin hooked me up with the employee discount on both for my birthday :lol:

These in the white / blue colorway, the Air Force 5 in black / white, and the Pippen 2’s in the Playoff colorway are the top of my bring-em back wishlist…

But the Nets deals and rumors didn't start until, 2009-2010????

They played their first season in Brooklyn in 2012-2013.
I think that was when he started pushing for the move to Brooklyn or at least when those intentions became public. My boss at Boston Market, yes that Boston Market, the boss that got me the Footlocker Reebok G-Unit G6 connect 🤣....he was a huge Jay Stan and we def had conversations about the deal. He had us thinking he bought the whole team. Turns out he owned less than a percent. Still dope but not nearly the sole owner 😕. I just googled the link below to double check 👇.

If I'm not mistaken, those came out the same time as these Team Flows :lol:. My first brand new pair of Jordan's when I was in 7th grade

Q1117117.09_10-mini.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, those came out the same time as these Team Flows :lol:. My first brand new pair of Jordan's when I was in 7th grade

Q1117117.09_10-mini.jpg
This might get me heat......but team J's used to be very acceptable. At least out here. OGs and numbered J's were always supreme. You were never happy to get a team J over a numbered J. But models like this and the first signatures were dope and definitely accepted in the streets. Especially with all that new Brand Jordan gear. I wish I could find that initial catalog that dropped to introduced JB. I think it was a foot action exclusive.

This might get me heat......but team J's used to be very acceptable. At least out here. OGs and numbered J's were always supreme. You were never happy to get a team J over a numbered J. But models like this and the first signatures were dope and definitely accepted in the streets. Especially with all that new Brand Jordan gear. I wish I could find that initial catalog that dropped to introduced JB. I think it was a foot action exclusive.

Team Js often times have better quality than retros IMO

Team Js often times have better quality than retros IMO
Facts. I used to never buy my kids kicks I wouldn't wear. But when they are growing at lightspeed and thrash kicks like it's their profession that rule was done. Especially when I can find J's and Nikes for $9.99. All that to say I just bought my 1 year old a pair of red white and blue 6 rings for $10 at Jimmy Jazz. It's the best feeling leather I've seen on a 6 rings and is better than most of the plastic on some AJ1s. I always catch decent looking team J's and even Jordan 1s for them @ $10-15. The quality often surprises me even though they look atrocious at times compared to adult sizes 🤣. They still get kicks to match mine for family photos and special occasions but not for beaters. Waiting for these WC3s to drop below $50 in their size so we can scoop.

Nah, Team J's were great for MANY years. Then suddenly people just turned on them. Never really figured out what caused it, but there was absolutely a time when they were just as accepted as flagship J's.

Back
Top Bottom