Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Man I was supposed to picked up a pair of 88 DS had found em for 500. When I was about to be otw the mf was like hey I’ve just decided to keep em. Pissed my soul off.

As an OG-head, I can tell you we hated when the midsole yellowed. Being a dumb teenager, and not knowing anything about how sneakers were manufactured, I spent countless hours trying to "rub off" the yellow from my WC4 and Trainer TWs midsoles. Absolutely HATED the yellowing. Honestly didn't notice it on the netting of the 4s and 5s b/c it happened gradually, and we all wore our shoes back then, so no one had a DS pair; heck, that term didn't even exist.

So not sure what JB is trying to pay homage to with this pre-aged crap. Certainly not honoring the feeling us OGs had with these sneakers.

I've never had a WC3 as I started with the WC4. People with the 3s were looked down on b/c that was "last year's" model and it looked so plain and pathetic compared to the 4s at that time ;-).
I’m confident JB will provide a suitable retro. They messed around when all those Tinkers dropped last go around.

Won’t happen again.

I hope they dont pre crack the back tabs. Its been a shame looking at my 94s. I assume the black on the midsole will have a paint chipped/cracked look. I hope Im wrong. I dont see them only yellowing the midsole and tabs. Only assuming from what I see in the Chicago.

dont really care about the aged look. shoes will yellow eventually.

but thank god no stupid *** blue sole :emoji_pray:

Call me crazy but I feel like JB is disrespecting me personally (lol) by making these of all shoes “reimagined”. Wanted these so bad in OG form for all these years and they go and do this :smh:. I really don’t count the ‘88 retro as a full hearted GR release. I like my WC3 all white and crispy looking not yellowed. Don’t understand why they think this is necessary or a good idea. Praying this is all speculation and they release without an aged look.

It still doesn't make sense that the title of this thread hasn't been revised to Reimagined. This pair clearly isn't the original as the title misleads.

Zadeh reimagined his business

qn9hgUa.gif

Back
Top Bottom