Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

i’m not saying having hundreds of DS shoes makes sense, that was just an example lol

if that certain condition was sole separation or an airbag popped or it had zero traction left i would understand that, but some creases and a little heal drag? cmon bro 😭😭
Then you'd hate to see the condition of most of my shoes when I let them go 😂. Only my daily beaters get worn into the ground. Everything else gets worn enough times for me to enjoy them and then I sell them and use the funds to buy something new and repeat the process. They generally don't go much farther than what jetbl1223 jetbl1223 described. Catch, Rock, Release, Repeat 😂. The only Jordans I have right now are the recent fire red and wc 3s, doubles of the reimagined and mb 4s and the two18 aj2 lows which I'll never sell for obvious reasons. My fire reds are almost ready to find a new home. At one point I had my favorite OGs of 1-14.

.......and most of them just sat in the closet because I'd only wear my black toe 14s and my 6s. So I sold all but 5 pair and eventually sold them too. Blasphemy to many but I don't want to have pairs just sitting in my closet that I know I'll never wear or won't ever wear again.

Then you'd hate to see the condition of most of my shoes when I let them go 😂. Only my daily beaters get worn into the ground. Everything else gets worn enough times for me to enjoy them and then I sell them and use the funds to buy something new and repeat the process. They generally don't go much farther than what jetbl1223 jetbl1223 described. Catch, Rock, Release, Repeat 😂. The only Jordans I have right now are the recent fire red and wc 3s, doubles of the reimagined and mb 4s and the two18 aj2 lows which I'll never sell for obvious reasons. My fire reds are almost ready to find a new home. At one point I had my favorite OGs of 1-14.

.......and most of them just sat in the closet because I'd only wear my black toe 14s and my 6s. So I sold all but 5 pair and eventually sold them too. Blasphemy to many but I don't want to have pairs just sitting in my closet that I know I'll never wear or won't ever wear again.

Do you use eBay to sell used ones? How long does it generally take? I have some non-hyped sneakers (Jordans, AMs, etc.) that just never move, while others move after a few days. I always price reasonably, or leave BO open and accept any reasonable offer. Wish I could unload some of these faster. I have about 6-8 pairs on eBay that just refuse to move.

Do you use eBay to sell used ones? How long does it generally take? I have some non-hyped sneakers (Jordans, AMs, etc.) that just never move, while others move after a few days. I always price reasonably, or leave BO open and accept any reasonable offer. Wish I could unload some of these faster. I have about 6-8 pairs on eBay that just refuse to move.
TLDR.....
Make sure you take lots of quality pics, describe the condition thoroughly and ad with a rating, check previous sales and current pricing of other sellers and then set your price accordingly but be reasonable and flexible. I've sold easily 30 pairs of used numbered Jordans almost exclusively on eBay. Never has taken me more than two weeks to sell a a pair. Sometimes I'll cancel and relist with new pics/background and a slightly different price and they'll sell immediately.

For me it's always pictures and pricing. I take as many pictures as I'd want to see especially if the pair was used. Then I usually take a few more. I leave offers open with the lowest offer option being the actual lowest amount I'd be willing to take. The buy it now option being what I'd like but not necessarily what I have to get.

I check recent sales for my size and condition and price near the bottom of that unless there is a high volume of sales and people seem willing to pay more.

I'm different though because my goal is to get the funds to pay for the next pair.....not necessarily to crack heads and get rich. I already have a pair in mind and want the cash ASAP, so if you catch me on the right day you'll get a pretty good deal. I sell based on how much I'd be willing to pay not based on how much I want to get for them. Lots of eBay sellers are ridiculous in how they price kicks, especially used pairs. And they don't take offers seriously, even very reasonable ones. What makes it worse is that lots of buyers don't know what they are doing and will over pay for bad pairs.

I mean I get not wearing a pair if it’s super limited/expensive and you’re collecting things like that

But not wearing these? Whew

I had 7 pair from release day because I got lucky on raffles (and haven’t hit a damn thing since :smh: ) and hooked some NTers up and have 3 left that ill wear as each one falls apart.

Whatever makes people happy though

Guess I’ll explain my thought process further. The WC3 is my fav Jordan/favorite shoe to wear in general of all time. Been that way for 20+ years. I’ve had probably close to 20 pairs since the 2003 retro released. Every single pair up until this retro was bought new, for retail or close to it, and worn up until they were too worn for MY liking. No weird duck walking, avoiding puddles, etc just wear up until they’re too worn for how I like. Some of you like the beat/worn look, I don’t 🤷🏾‍♂️. At that point most pairs get sold or given away. Why? Because I know it’ll always be a shoe in consistent rotation for me. 4 pairs will last me up to the next retro and I’ll get some of that money back if not more along the way. In general I only buy multiples of shoes I wear a lot.

i’m not saying having hundreds of DS shoes makes sense, that was just an example lol

if that certain condition was sole separation or an airbag popped or it had zero traction left i would understand that, but some creases and a little heal drag? cmon bro 😭😭

You must hate the White/White Air Force 1, one-and-done folks then. :lol:

*Wear once, then giveaway.

I mean I get not wearing a pair if it’s super limited/expensive and you’re collecting things like that

But not wearing these? Whew

I had 7 pair from release day because I got lucky on raffles (and haven’t hit a damn thing since :smh: ) and hooked some NTers up and have 3 left that ill wear as each one falls apart.

Whatever makes people happy though

Chopstix is a troll, and was trolling FYI.

It was a joke.

TLDR.....
Make sure you take lots of quality pics, describe the condition thoroughly and ad with a rating, check previous sales and current pricing of other sellers and then set your price accordingly but be reasonable and flexible. I've sold easily 30 pairs of used numbered Jordans almost exclusively on eBay. Never has taken me more than two weeks to sell a a pair. Sometimes I'll cancel and relist with new pics/background and a slightly different price and they'll sell immediately.

For me it's always pictures and pricing. I take as many pictures as I'd want to see especially if the pair was used. Then I usually take a few more. I leave offers open with the lowest offer option being the actual lowest amount I'd be willing to take. The buy it now option being what I'd like but not necessarily what I have to get.

I check recent sales for my size and condition and price near the bottom of that unless there is a high volume of sales and people seem willing to pay more.

I'm different though because my goal is to get the funds to pay for the next pair.....not necessarily to crack heads and get rich. I already have a pair in mind and want the cash ASAP, so if you catch me on the right day you'll get a pretty good deal. I sell based on how much I'd be willing to pay not based on how much I want to get for them. Lots of eBay sellers are ridiculous in how they price kicks, especially used pairs. And they don't take offers seriously, even very reasonable ones. What makes it worse is that lots of buyers don't know what they are doing and will over pay for bad pairs.

Thanks for the note. Yeah, I do most of that. Only question I have though is do you see a diff between editing a listing (with new pics/price) vs. cancelling and relisting? I do the former, but rarely the latter. Maybe there's a difference in how the listing algorithm behaves when listings get old vs. refreshed?

Man in high school I used to buy used shoes all the time lol smh idk what i was doing. Would meet up with a random ppl from Facebook and we both trading beat sneakers lol. Simpler times. Would never do as an adult though

Man in high school I used to buy used shoes all the time lol smh idk what i was doing. Would meet up with a random ppl from Facebook and we both trading beat sneakers lol. Simpler times. Would never do as an adult though
I got athlete's foot from doing that in high school

My toenails were yellow and crusty

Got it treated and told myself never to buy worn shoes ever again

I got athlete's foot from doing that in high school

My toenails were yellow and crusty

Got it treated and told myself never to buy worn shoes ever again
Man that sounds like a terrible experience. Luckily none of that happen to me. I had got all my 11's from that 09-11 run from trades cuz they were impossible to cop retail at that point

I would never buy a used pair of shoes. I don’t even care how “lightly worn” they are. Another man’s foot was in there. Yuck. I’m actually surprised that there’s a lot of people who do choose to go that route though.

Same here. But I'm more than happy to sell them to others.

Guess I’ll explain my thought process further. The WC3 is my fav Jordan/favorite shoe to wear in general of all time. Been that way for 20+ years. I’ve had probably close to 20 pairs since the 2003 retro released. Every single pair up until this retro was bought new, for retail or close to it, and worn up until they were too worn for MY liking. No weird duck walking, avoiding puddles, etc just wear up until they’re too worn for how I like. Some of you like the beat/worn look, I don’t 🤷🏾‍♂️. At that point most pairs get sold or given away. Why? Because I know it’ll always be a shoe in consistent rotation for me. 4 pairs will last me up to the next retro and I’ll get some of that money back if not more along the way. In general I only buy multiples of shoes I wear a lot.

If one pair last's a year and 4 months...and. you have four pairs...that's a little less than 5 and a half years...and the last jordan 3 retro was 10 years ago when these came out...you might wanna slow down or get more pairs at this rate.

Thanks for the note. Yeah, I do most of that. Only question I have though is do you see a diff between editing a listing (with new pics/price) vs. cancelling and relisting? I do the former, but rarely the latter. Maybe there's a difference in how the listing algorithm behaves when listings get old vs. refreshed?
I rarely edit unless it's to knock the price down. Even then I'd almost rather just relist because I know as a buyer I'm going to push the line to see how low and how desperate you might want to go. I almost always just cancel and relist. But doing all the other things you're already doing should keep you from having to do that. I'd suggest cancelling instead of editing though.

I would never buy a used pair of shoes. I don’t even care how “lightly worn” they are. Another man’s foot was in there. Yuck. I’m actually surprised that there’s a lot of people who do choose to go that route though.
I used to buy used kicks. Not anymore though. Nothing personally against it. I just found that I want to put all the miles on myself and don't want to relinquish that feeling you get when you unds for the first time.

Ebay is cheapo land for buyers and life styles of the rich and shameless for sellers. I have Playoff XI’s listed at market value and someone messaged me asking if I would sell at a 250 discount.. **** you not :lol: I’m reasonable with offers but I was offended lmao.

Now me as a buyer on there.. I can throw reasonable offers at anything from a tee to grails or recently released items and the stupid sellers will legit want nothing less than 20 bucks minus the BIN price :stoneface:

Ebay is cheapo land for buyers and life styles of the rich and shameless for sellers. I have Playoff XI’s listed at market value and someone messaged me asking if I would sell at a 250 discount.. **** you not :lol: I’m reasonable with offers but I was offended lmao.

Now me as a buyer on there.. I can throw reasonable offers at anything from a tee to grails or recently released items and the stupid sellers will legit want nothing less than 20 bucks minus the BIN price :stoneface:
I hate that. That's despicable. That's why I set my lowest acceptable offer at a price I'd actually take. Or at least a good start for a little back and forth. People will have offers open with no floor yet they're only willing to take $10 bucks off. At minimum be willing to shave off the equivalent to shipping costs and maybe taxes.

Tbh this is the easiest way to tell that someone is new to the game. Buying VVVNDS was common back in the day and a smart move financially if you actually wore your heaters

Back
Top Bottom