Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Ebay is cheapo land for buyers and life styles of the rich and shameless for sellers. I have Playoff XI’s listed at market value and someone messaged me asking if I would sell at a 250 discount.. **** you not :lol: I’m reasonable with offers but I was offended lmao.

Must be one of them Retail Or Busters they ignorant af

Tbh this is the easiest way to tell that someone is new to the game. Buying VVVNDS was common back in the day and a smart move financially if you actually wore your heaters

I’ve personally never had an issue with buying used pairs but I’m talking like 9.5/10 condition.

On one hand, I’ll never buy a brand new car because I don’t want to eat that depreciation. But to contradict myself, I’ll only buy new construction homes for the peace of mind that comes with it.

Basically saying each side can make a compelling argument but you do what makes you satisfied I guess

We all draw the line somewhere. Personally I would never buy anything past VNDS with very-noticeable creases or star loss on the soles. I’m just saying only this post-2020 noob generation makes a big deal about the label “used” as if their retail pairs haven’t been tried on by who knows how many people lol

We all draw the line somewhere. Personally I would never buy anything past VNDS with very-noticeable creases or star loss on the soles. I’m just saying only this post-2020 noob generation makes a big deal about the label “used” as if their retail pairs haven’t been tried on by who knows how many people lol
Honestly for the new jacks I don't think that's the case. For a long time the option of trying on shoes was non existent. At least for heat. Retail stores either sold out immediately or would act goofy with allowing you to try on sneakers just like they got goofy with return policies. Resell stores weent letting you try them on. Private sellers weren't letting you try them on and if you bought online you definitely weren't trying them on. At worst you'd buy from one person who tried them on and they didn't fit or something. I feel like this was generally the case from 2015 until a couple years ago.

And a lot of them don't even wear their heat. They just have it to post and buy used sneakers at resell shops. They are very different from us 😂.

True there’s no opportunity to try on heat at a store. But at some point in their lives they went to a store and got some shoes that was tried on by an unknown number of people and they had no issue with that…

I used to buy used kicks. Not anymore though. Nothing personally against it. I just found that I want to put all the miles on myself and don't want to relinquish that feeling you get when you unds for the first time.
i personally have bought most of my kicks slightly used, only a few DS. cause in my mind if i plan to wear them immediately anyway, it doesn’t make sense to pay significantly more for a brand new pair

not judging at all i’m just interested in what other people’s thought processes are

depends on the wear, I'm not buying any beaters but if the logo on the insole is there and there isn't any significant sock lint, heel drag creasing or general outsole wear I assume they take care of their stuff like I do.

I also will take out and clean insoles like Vick Almighty or replace them cause that's the main sanitary issue for me buying used.

VNDS all the way if the price for a DS pair is too high. Scooped some '15 Aquas for $40 over retail I think (pretty sure MSRP was $200) and I don't regret it. Can't even tell they've been worn. If I'd bought em DS, I'd have been paying $400+ for my size 13.
I do agree though that there's a limit to how used I'm willing to accept. Blatant creases, chipped paint, et cetera, is a no go. If my shoes end up that way, it's because I wore them to that point, not someone else. As corny as it sounds, every major crease and scuff tells a story, and if my shoes are gonna tell any story, it'll be mine. I also simply refuse to wear someone's sloppy seconds. I don't need any shoe THAT badly.

Last edited:
i personally have bought most of my kicks slightly used, only a few DS. cause in my mind if i plan to wear them immediately anyway, it doesn’t make sense to pay significantly more for a brand new pair

not judging at all i’m just interested in what other people’s thought processes are
if i can get a shoe at retail, i'm getting it at retail. mainly because i know it's legit and it hasn't been worn al over the streets. if i can't , I'll go the VNDS route. but that hasn't happened in a minute. i don't mind used shoes, though. as long as they don't stank, it's whatever.

True there’s no opportunity to try on heat at a store. But at some point in their lives they went to a store and got some shoes that was tried on by an unknown number of people and they had no issue with that…

Someone trying on shoes at the store for 1 minute vs someone wearing them throughout the day is different.

I can’t even remember the last time I bought shoes at the store :lol:

Have NEVER bought used shoes.

Never will. Can't do it.

I'm too clean/OCD for that ish. :lol:

Nothing like Un Ds'ing a pair of shoes.

same; if I can’t afford to buy them new I don’t need them. To each their own though. I don’t look down on anyone that does though.

I probably do other stuff that people think is weird or gross. We all do something other people don’t agree with

VNDS all the way if the price for a DS pair is too high. Scooped some '15 Aquas for $40 over retail I think (pretty sure MSRP was $200) and I don't regret it. Can't even tell they've been worn. If I'd bought em DS, I'd have been paying $400+ for my size 13.
I do agree though that there's a limit to how used I'm willing to accept. Blatant creases, chipped paint, et cetera, is a no go. If my shoes end up that way, it's because I wore them to that point, not someone else. As corny as it sounds, every major crease and scuff tells a story, and if my shoes are gonna tell any story, it'll be mine. I also simply refuse to wear someone's sloppy seconds. I don't need any shoe THAT badly.

You slept on that release? I bought my Aqua’s at the outlet for $135

1 person wearing a shoe for 1 day isn’t all that much worse than multiple people trying on the same shoe over the course of days, weeks, months …

I disagree, but I rarely buy shoes off the shelves anyways. Like I said I can’t remember the last time I bought a pair of shoes from a brick and mortar for myself

I don’t buy used clothes/shoes period. I don’t knock anyone that does. I just don’t think it’s very hygienic imo

Plus I like wearing new stuff, it’s a good feeling wearing something new

Last edited:
I don’t do it often but I don’t mind a used shoe depending on the price and type of shoe it is. For a period of time some years ago I picked up sneaker restoring and I still have all the stuff I bought just to keep up with and clean my own shoes when needed. It’s a whole laundry system with detergent and everything

If the condition is restorable and the price is right I’ll pick it up if I have the time.

I only sell shoes I haven't worn the insoles of and everything is cleaned, sock liner lint removed if there is any, sometimes even re-painted if possible with all wear thoroughly documented. I've got some positive feedback just for being honest and caring about what I'm selling. A few saying they smelled DS and could have passed as DS for some once worn and cleaned pairs.

I wouldn't buy a used pair off eBay myself unless it was in similar condition to what I’m selling. It’s rare but you find stuff like that from collectors now and then

same; if I can’t afford to buy them new I don’t need them. To each their own though. I don’t look down on anyone that does though.

I probably do other stuff that people think is weird or gross. We all do something other people don’t agree with
True. I don't thrift as much anymore but vintage and thrifted are still in my bag. I dry clean before wearing any of that though.

I only sell shoes I haven't worn the insoles of and everything is cleaned, sock liner lint removed if there is any, sometimes even re-painted if possible with all wear thoroughly documented. I've got some positive feedback just for being honest and caring about what I'm selling. A few saying they smelled DS and could have passed as DS for some once worn and cleaned pairs.

I wouldn't buy a used pair off eBay myself unless it was in similar condition to what I’m selling. It’s rare but you find stuff like that from collectors now and then
I do the same. I often pull the OG insoles out and rock a replacement. For comfort and to help them sell if/when I let them go. I always clean the outsole too. So when you buy any of my used kicks you are literally getting a refurbished shoe 😂

Weirdly enough there are people that will drop a bag on absolutely COOKED shoes. One of the sellers i buy/trade with on occasion gets his hands on some the most beat heat that I’ve ever seen and when I think to myself “what a waste of money, no one will buy them” they get sold within the hour. Off white collabs and Travis shoes are the worst offenders

I do the same. I often pull the OG insoles out and rock a replacement. For comfort and to help them sell if/when I let them go. I always clean the outsole too. So when you buy any of my used kicks you are literally getting a refurbished shoe 😂
Yeah I switched to PU Spenco insoles for all retro J’s maybe 6-7 years ago. I have about 10 sets now so I never wear a JB insole. I also regularly clean everything in rotation so stuff like that goes a long way to making your shoes more appealing used.

Which
Yeah I switched to PU Spenco insoles for all retro J’s maybe 6-7 years ago. I have about 10 sets now so I never wear a JB insole. I also regularly clean everything in rotation so stuff like that goes a long way to making your shoes more appealing used.
Which model do you use?

You slept on that release? I bought my Aqua’s at the outlet for $135
No way, never slept. I saved up money in high school to buy a pair. I just never had the chance to double up because I didn't start working until after high school and even then, I still didn't buy a second pair right away because at the time I felt it was better to add different pairs to my small, growing collection instead of buying the same pair again.

Back
Top Bottom