Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Uh yes ***** I think there’s plenty of actual data to back up that people would rather have the OGs than OG variants
I just don’t believe that’s the value proposition in reality. They’d let OGs sit for years longer in many cases if they didn’t do some kind of variant. I have no problem with the reimagined designs. Most of us still have pairs from the last decade anyway

Uh yes ***** I think there’s plenty of actual data to back up that people would rather have the OGs than OG variants
I'm not saying never get OGs. Of course we want OGs. I'm saying never get variants. It's not like we've never got royals and I'm sure we'll get them again soon. Just not this time. And it will make getting royals next time that much more special. To me.

I mean they released Suede Royals and they sat. Y’all know if those were regular Royals they would’ve sold out.

Nothing wrong with modifying the originals (like these reimagined 3s) but when you totally change the materials people aren’t going to want that

i would rather the OGs release every 3 years or so than get variants and have the OGs release every 7-10 years (on average). i personally do no need to them to be special. i just want them to be available. collabs can be special. OGs should be plentiful.

the infrared am90, for example, has released every five years since 2005 (and maybe even further back than that, but that's all that i know right now). why can't OG jordans release that often? infrareds sell out every single time, too, despite not being limited.

I mean they released Suede Royals and they sat. Y’all know if those were regular Royals they would’ve sold out.

Nothing wrong with modifying the originals (like these reimagined 3s) but when you totally change the materials people aren’t going to want that
They just made a lot of pairs. Comparing previous or hypothetical royal releases means nothing here. They sold a ton of reimagined royals.

Nah people left them on shelves
At some point we have to realize Nike doesn't look at sales the way we do. Nike's only concern if a sneaker doesn't sell out in a few days is maybe public perception but, definitely not dollars. If they built their business model on having to sell out same day they'd fail.

And we can't act like we forgot that people are fatigued on Jordan 1s. lots of Jordan 1s with the same stock or less also sat the past couple years. If this dropped 4 years ago it would have sold way better even if just off resell speculation alone. It's not like these just sat because they don't look good. Everything is sitting this year just about.

OG XI IEs didn’t have a smokey outsole
I know what they had. Smokey as in how they aren’t clear or tinted blue, not smokey as in black or dark gray like many of the previous retros. The most recent retros are the best to me due to the close-to-correct outsoles and the use of nubuck upper panels rather than elephant print.

Aye, I’m standing on it 😂. AJ11s aren’t comfortable until broken in and then when broken in they look nasty. But I think a suede mudguard would make these more comfortable and they won’t crease. I don’t see how we loose on that one. Especially if we get a nice suede like we get on SB dunks or New Balances. They will lose the durability of patent leather and you won't be able to do the quick wipe down but if cared for they will look better for longer.
You like what you like, I can't even knock you fam... All I know is that after these Columbias drop next year, I'm done with 11s.

If they did the reimagined series as OG shape, and aged look and had 5-10 pairs in total and marketed each of them in some way like they did the L&Fs I think they would have all been sought after and sold out immediately. These series didn’t have a cohesive theme, Nike got lazy.

These royals are nice, and at $130-135 borderline a steal. But the only reimagined IMO that nails it are the lost and found 1s and WC3s. No story with the WC3s though.

Why does a variant have to sell as much? They wouldn’t release regular royals in the same quantity. You completely miss the point.

The point was people not wanting a variant of an original where they completely change the materials used. So no, I didn’t miss the point. They just proved that on the suede Royals which didn’t sell.

Obviously they wouldn’t release them in that large of numbers but anyone with a brain would agree if they did do that they wouldn’t sit and rot on shelves and be discounted like the suedes currently are

The point was people not wanting a variant of an original where they completely change the materials used. So no, I didn’t miss the point. They just proved that on the suede Royals which didn’t sell.

Obviously they wouldn’t release them in that large of numbers but anyone with a brain would agree if they did do that they wouldn’t sit and rot on shelves and be discounted like the suedes currently are
They did sell though, that’s what you’re missing. Trying to compare OG 1 releases that are purposely limited vs a variant GR isn’t fair at all. Of course they’re sitting, they made about 6-7x as many as they did Royals in 2017. And of course people want OGs more. How is any of that relevant? There was 0.0% chance of a Royal drop this year regardless of the reimagineds dropping. If it weren’t those it would have been another non-OG colorway.

You guys really miss what’s going on.

They did sell though, that’s what you’re missing. Trying to compare OG 1 releases that are purposely limited vs a variant GR isn’t fair at all. Of course they’re sitting, they made about 6-7x as many as they did Royals in 2017. And of course people want OGs more. How is any of that relevant? There was 0.0% chance of a Royal drop this year regardless of the reimagineds dropping. If it weren’t those it would have been another non-OG colorway.

You guys really miss what’s going on.

That is literally what the basis of this conversation is. Releasing an OG vs an altered OG with totally different materials

Did you even bother to read before you posted?

That is literally what the basis of this conversation is. Releasing an OG vs an altered OG with totally different materials

Did you even bother to read before you posted?
Of course I did. I told you they weren’t dropping these as OGs. You get nothing or you get nothing and a variant for a decade. That’s the proposition. If you can’t figure that out by now you aren’t paying attention.

If they did the reimagined series as OG shape, and aged look and had 5-10 pairs in total and marketed each of them in some way like they did the L&Fs I think they would have all been sought after and sold out immediately. These series didn’t have a cohesive theme, Nike got lazy.

These royals are nice, and at $130-135 borderline a steal. But the only reimagined IMO that nails it are the lost and found 1s and WC3s. No story with the WC3s though.
I get the love of storytelling angle, but can’t a shoe just look great and that’s enough?

…does every shoe have to be a graphic novel?

Back
Top Bottom