Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

They most certainly are. Changing the shade of white didn’t suddenly make these scrub shoes that need to be beat to hell. They’re gonna break down the same as any other Jordan 3. It’s wild to think they wouldn’t cause you got sail instead of pure white 💀

Yea, my thinking the whole time is that these will age a little less because they're already aged. I think only the toe cap can age and maybe the back tab, but that would only add to the overall look.

Once an icey white pair starts aging it throws everything off.

Yea, my thinking the whole time is that these will age a little less because they're already aged. I think only the toe cap can age and maybe the back tab, but that would only add to the overall look.

Once an icey white pair starts aging it throws everything off.
I mean the main thing for me with most shoes is deep creasing, white uppers yellowing, shoe not holding its shape anymore.

I think most of us could pretty easily identify a well worn pair of these vs a crispy pair. Yellowed midsole paint and back heel tab yellowing takes years if you clean your sneakers so to me the faux aging really changes nothing about how long these stay crispy. If you wear them regularly the sole wear and lack of traction retires em within a couple years at most, so they never make it to heavy oxidation unless you’re giving em mud baths.

So what changes as far as stocking more for the future cause of those two minimal additions of sail? Not much for me.

if you have a pre aged shoe and you wear it you are only adding to the look of the shoe

so having 5 pairs of a pre aged shoe is a bit backwards in terms of how the shoe was produced

but I digress

nt in the latter years is mostly just hardcore collectors left

so people are gonna go to the max with every release and it’s just stands out when you are on the other side of it

That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve read all day

1707707278583.gif

Again, I hate having to repeat myself, but a different shade of white paint doesn’t mean new pairs don’t look fresh and noticeably different from beat pairs. That is not a reason to get more or less pairs of a vintage-midsole’d shoe. It’s irrelevant.

This is common sense. The most common sense anyone collecting sneakers should understand about how and where sneakers age with wear.

No, the logic of not buying more than 1 pair of a shoe because it’s pre aged already is pretty moronic

yeah you’re right I should’ve bought 10 so you can understand

in what world do you live in where being more selective is somehow dumb?

and don’t worry your lil heart, it’s rhetorical

yeah you’re right I should’ve bought 10 so you can understand

in what world do you live in where being more selective is somehow dumb?

and don’t worry your lil heart, it’s rhetorical

I’m just trying to figure out why it’s “dumb” for people to get multiples of a shoe that they already liked the aged look of (hence why they’re getting multiples) because they’ll look aged already when they wear them in the future

Make it make sense

I mean it’s already corny worrying about what others buy but then adding an even dumber reason on top of it is hilarious

never said it was dumb or worried bout others purchases

this is exactly what I’m talking bout

yall see a piece of a statement and jump out the window

I spoke on why I wouldn’t and you sitting here acting like I’m outside the nike store boycotting

never said it was dumb or worried bout others purchases

this is exactly what I’m talking bout

yall see a piece of a statement and jump out the window

I spoke on why I wouldn’t and you sitting here acting like I’m outside the nike store boycotting
I think you need to go back to the drawing board on your communication here cause we’re all missing a point.

Can you name a better year retro of this shoe? I cant. And it sure aint the 1994.
'23s are the best retro yet with that '88 shape though they still have the ele. print like the '94 up.
1988.png

1994.png

I don't think it's crazy anyone doubling on this WC if it's one of their favorites. These aren't coming back for a while and when they do JB could make one dumb change that pisses people off again. I love my pair.

being collectively oblivious just looks crazier for them

the opinion was never deep for these hilarious reactions

The reason people are giving you crap is because you seem to think the aged look is the same as a WORN look. They are two entirely different things, and if you think they aren’t, you’re of course entitled to your viewpoint, but it’s objectively incorrect. The pair of these I’ve worn at least 100 times most definitely does not look the same or as fresh or as nice as my DS pairs, no matter how much I clean them up. It’s no different from any other shoes in that regard, and no matter how much you insist it is will not change reality on that particular point.

Nike should really start marketing that their pre-aged shoes never actually suffer aging. “These soles will last FOREVER!”

I have 4 DS pairs on ice, and I plan on breaking out a pair all throughout this summer to beat up for all 3 months. I bought 2 pairs at retail on release day, the other 2 pairs i bought a week after the release for $250.00 each. I know people who have more pairs than i do. Now my size is going for $300.00 to $400.00. I had to strike hard around release time, since they were alot of pairs made in abundance. Add to the fact resale was practically low at beginning on these, alot of people jumped at the opportunity to hoard

Everybody's different when it comes to shoes and clothes. I was waiting on these TO BE DONE RIGHT BY NIKE AND JORDAN BRAND. They finally put some effort into creating a decent well rounded retro of these, so alot of people who love this Colorway bought multiples to stay fresh in. Because we all know the next retro of these might not look this good. We also don't know when we're getting another retro of this Colorway as well. So alot of us aren't gambling on the next retro.

Ultimately, just to gamble on the next retro having cracks throughout the entire shoe as a gimmick, or they change a color or certain material parts that aren't on the original, or if they don't retro until another 10 years from now. You have to strike when a retro is done right. If they retro these in 3 to 4 years from now, with the same build and shape, but all white without any sail in the midsole, like a one on one og retro. Then ill get those too, but it's not a guarantee that they're going to do that, without changing something on them.

Also when it comes to predominantly white based shoes, after the creasinggets bad, along with the midsole rubber starting to rub and show wear, i stop wearing them. Because they don't have that new fresh out of the box look anymore. I only wear all white Air Force 1,s for about 1 to 2 months with minimal wear for onc or twice a week. Ill wear these Aj3 white/cements for 2 to 4 months while wearing once or twice a week. I like for white shoes to look new 24/7, if a white shoe looks worn and aged, they don't look good at all to me.

This is one of those types of shoes, along with AF1,s where people buy multiples of them for various reasons. When it comes to darker colored shoes, I'll wear them for long periods of time, because they don't look as bad over time with wear and tear on them, depending on how you clean them and keep them up over time.

The reason people are giving you crap is because you seem to think the aged look is the same as a WORN look. They are two entirely different things, and if you think they aren’t, you’re of course entitled to your viewpoint, but it’s objectively incorrect. The pair of these I’ve worn at least 100 times most definitely does not look the same or as fresh or as nice as my DS pairs, no matter how much I clean them up. It’s no different from any other shoes in that regard, and no matter how much you insist it is will not change reality on that particular point.

I’ve never mentioned worn look

it already has discoloration and for me is less incentive to baby it

but as always boys take it to another dimension

and when they release again with the right color and shape there will be an influx of these on sale so my stance isn’t changing

nor am I asking anyone to follow me

I’ve never mentioned worn look

it already has discoloration and for me is less incentive to baby it

but as always boys take it to another dimension

and when they release again with the right color and shape there will be an influx of these on sale so my stance isn’t changing

nor am I asking anyone to follow me
You said a shoe that has the "aged look", cannot be prestine, that is where people disagree. Thats really all it comes down to. I have to agree as well simply due to the fact we have never gotten a WC3 this good before. So people buying multiples would make sense if they cant trust what JB does next.

I have 4 DS pairs on ice, and I plan on breaking out a pair all throughout this summer to beat up for all 3 months. I bought 2 pairs at retail on release day, the other 2 pairs i bought a week after the release for $250.00 each. I know people who have more pairs than i do. Now my size is going for $300.00 to $400.00. I had to strike hard around release time, since they were alot of pairs made in abundance. Add to the fact resale was practically low at beginning on these, alot of people jumped at the opportunity to hoard

Everybody's different when it comes to shoes and clothes. I was waiting on these TO BE DONE RIGHT BY NIKE AND JORDAN BRAND. They finally put some effort into creating a decent well rounded retro of these, so alot of people who love this Colorway bought multiples to stay fresh in. Because we all know the next retro of these might not look this good. We also don't know when we're getting another retro of this Colorway as well. So alot of us aren't gambling on the next retro.

Ultimately, just to gamble on the next retro having cracks throughout the entire shoe as a gimmick, or they change a color or certain material parts that aren't on the original, or if they don't retro until another 10 years from now. You have to strike when a retro is done right. If they retro these in 3 to 4 years from now, with the same build and shape, but all white without any sail in the midsole, like a one on one og retro. Then ill get those too, but it's not a guarantee that they're going to do that, without changing something on them.

Also when it comes to predominantly white based shoes, after the creasinggets bad, along with the midsole rubber starting to rub and show wear, i stop wearing them. Because they don't have that new fresh out of the box look anymore. I only wear all white Air Force 1,s for about 1 to 2 months with minimal wear for onc or twice a week. Ill wear these Aj3 white/cements for 2 to 4 months while wearing once or twice a week. I like for white shoes to look new 24/7, if a white shoe looks worn and aged, they don't look good at all to me.

This is one of those types of shoes, along with AF1,s where people buy multiples of them for various reasons. When it comes to darker colored shoes, I'll wear them for long periods of time, because they don't look as bad over time with wear and tear on them, depending on how you clean them and keep them up over time.
IMG_4939.gif

Back
Top Bottom