Jordan is a GREEDY man

The amount that he's suing for is a warning to anyone else trying to profit off of his name without permission.

If you want to use his name to make money, you have to pay him. Simple as that.
You're making too much sense. Stop it.

They're making money off his name...Mike ain't getting a cut. The excessive figure he's asking for is an attempt to establish a deterrent for others who might try the same in the future. The company knew exactly what they were doing and probably figured he wouldn't go after them because of the PR hit. Jordan doesn't give a **** and still brings it to court anyway.

Is it a **** move? Yes. Not surprising if you know anything about the man. But he's not exactly in the wrong here.

"Jordan was allowed to avoid attention Wednesday by entering the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse through its underground parking garage and then taking a private elevator to U.S. District Judge Milton Shadur's 23rd-floor courtroom."

View media item 455893

thats what it takes to be and stay on top ... publicity and he could even get some change while doing it.

Yall acting like it was used to "congratulate" him

It was used to leverage his name for traffic to their restaurant. He's probably just making an example out of them.

The Jordan brand is a billion dollar brand you dont just use it without licencing it.

If he was "cool" aka an average human being he probably would have just let it slide.

But most great people dont let anything slide thats how they got to the position theyre in

Yall acting like it was used to "congratulate" him

It was used to leverage his name for traffic to their restaurant. He's probably just making an example out of them.

The Jordan brand is a billion dollar brand you dont just use it without licencing it.

If he was "cool" aka an average human being he probably would have just let it slide.

But most great people dont let anything slide thats how they got to the position theyre in

Dominick's is a Chicago owned grocery store, not a restaurant.

I think its much more likely they were actually trying to congratulate a local celebrity, than trying to get rich off of running his name in ONE ad.

Jordan is a straight **** for this one... but we already knew that.

Cant believe some of you are actually defending him on this bonehead move. :smh:

Anyone got a link to that old thread where a NTer made a video for his Sisters bday where he asked of celebs/athletes to say something to the camera ?

I think he said MJ was the ONLY person he asked who wouldn't do it.

Last edited:
they are using his name to promote their steak though, so pretty much they are violating the JORDAN brand. Really dont understand y some of yall hate on ppl making money the legit way....

Last edited:
This is the man who some of you have made above life itself................. :smh:

Gotta gets those 11's though..........

#HypocriteLife

:tongue:

You have to protect your trademark... if he allows his mark to be used without discretion it sets a precedent...

25616d1158728721-my-homey-chamillionaire-cham2.jpg

Let me get this straight, Michael Jordan is aware of a grocery store ad to sell steaks using his name, but knows nothing about (or can do nothing about) the illegal sale of unauthorized footware?

They know. And it's all in the plan.

I could maybe understand where he's coming from if the ad wasn't in a freaking commemorative SI that was celebrating him. The entire magazine is filled with images of Jordan, anybody who's reading it picked it up because of MJ. So whether or not his name is included in Dominick's ad or not doesn't really make a difference. They paid for the ad space in the magazine that already contained nothing but references to and images of MJ; it wasn't like they bought an ad in a random Time Magazine and decided to put a #23 and MJ's name in the ad to get attention.

To me it seems like they did it as a gesture and figured they could get some added views by being in that particular magazine featured around Jordan. Shouldn't be a big deal IMO.

The replies in this thread are making me laugh. Do any of y'all have a business sense?

You don't let someone capitalize on your brand/image without your consent. It's a dog eat dog world out there.

Why the cool people always gotta be ********? :smh: Maybe I gotta step my douche bag game up!

Back
Top Bottom