Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

They still haven't fixed the alignment of the Nike Air on the back :smh:

It's off center and bothers the hell out of me.
This isn’t a very popular thing to say, but the Nike Air has always been slightly off center. People just starting making a huge deal about it when the 2019’s dropped.
C7DDB616-7F49-4AF4-892D-E146B887F906.png

Surprised by the materials - my energy hasn't changed, if it had, I'd admit it - BC4 is my all time favourite.

Surprised as I said, as I was absolutely expecting Red and Black Motorsport 4s with a sail midsole. There's differences though, deffo a more matt looking finish.

See similarities with the SB4 (heel tab height, collar shape, side-cage width and size). Hopefully we'll get that toe.

Current Breds about to become daily beaters in prep for these.

No white/grey visible material/panelling cut lines is a bit disappointing. Thas deffo an OG feature that was exacerbated by use and age too.

Last edited:
Surprised by the materials - my energy hasn't changed, if it had, I'd admit it - BC4 is my all time favourite.

Surprised as I said, as I was absolutely expecting Red and Black Motorsport 4s with a sail midsole. There's differences though, deffo a more matt looking finish.

See similarities with the SB4 (heel tab height, collar shape, side-cage width and size). Hopefully we'll get that toe.

Current Breds about to become daily beaters in prep for these.

No white/grey visible material/panelling cut lines is a bit disappointing. Thas deffo an OG feature that was exacerbated by use and age too.

I was really hoping there would be grey edges to the leather that would set them apart for sure. The toebox still looks worn down or “aged” to me in the first pics. Hopefully it’s just this pair.

I’m happy to see something new in regards to this release.

I don’t see it. This logo is perfectly centered.

If you put the 99's or even the 2016 WC4's up against any recent 4's you can tell how off centered the Nike Air sign in the back is.

I'm not sure if they're pushing the Nike on top towards the left and the AIR at the bottom towards the right but the alignment is really off.

In the 2019 BC4 thread when pics of the back finally leaked and in a straightforward angle and they did the side by side comparison of an aligned pair it was very noticeable.

I wasn't planning on getting these anyway and skipped out on the BC4 2019 but I really wanted the Military 4 next year but looks like they're not going to fix the alignment issue.

This isn’t a very popular thing to say, but the Nike Air has always been slightly off center. People just starting making a huge deal about it when the 2019’s dropped.
C7DDB616-7F49-4AF4-892D-E146B887F906.png

No it has not.

Look where the R in AIR aligns with the E in NIKE and look at recent releases and you'll see how off centered it is.

In the 2019 BC4 thread they had side by side comparisons and you can really see it.

I think they are centering the “AIR” to the swoosh and not the “Nike“ which gives it the appearance of being off centered.

When looking at the Air and the Nike they all look off centered to me. Maybe one more than the other but it’s definitely off. With that said I could care less I’m still buying them lol.

I think they are centering the “AIR” to the swoosh and not the “Nike“ which gives it the appearance of being off centered.

When looking at the Air and the Nike they all look off centered to me. Maybe one more than the other but it’s definitely off. With that said I could care less I’m still buying them lol.
The air is perfectly centered with the Nike on the old pairs. It might look slightly off because Nike is slanted and air is not. But if you look at the leftmost and rightmost part of Nike (bottom left and top right) you’ll see it’s 100% centered with the air. You’re correct about the newer logo, with air being centered with the swoosh, which now has a slightly longer tail.

It's not giving the appearance of being off centered, it is off centered and very noticeable as seen in the side by side pics JRepp23 JRepp23 posted.

The other pair is aligned correctly and is not off centered.

Enjoy your pair(s) it's a classic model and colorway.

If the tab itself maybe would have been slightly wider, it could have solved the problem overall. Also interesting how they decided to space the AIR letters a little more also.

The 99 Tab and the 89 Tab are not the same. I’ll concede that the 99’s do appear to be more even and I’ll leave it at that.

If the tab itself maybe would have been slightly wider, it could have solved the problem overall. Also interesting how they decided to space the AIR letters a little more also.
I think that the extra space in between letters adds to the issue with the recent tabs.

Back
Top Bottom