Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

You may have answered your own question.
It's so popular they think they can mess with it and people will still buy.
You could be right, but I think there were times in the past when 4s weren't as popular and they still put out bad looking 4s.

I think them messing up this model has been consistent.

They changed the shape and mold in the middle of their initial retro run in 1999-2000. That was crazy, I don't think any other shoe has ever been done like that.

By examining the comments on alot of message boards and on ig. I've come to the conclusion that this is going to be a highly hated shoe. So therefore, with all of the hate these are getting, the people that really want them to wear, should be able to get them with ease, since they're going to be sitting on shelves?

Yeah right, we all know that everybody complaining, will atleast go for 1 pair minimum, especially if they can get them at retail. The complaints about the leather and shape doesn't mean anything, if everybody is still going to buy them up.

So in actuality, everybody's complaining on here for nothing. Production is suppose to be plentiful just like the reimagined 3,s were. So these won't be selling out completely within minutes, but stock will be gone within 2 to 5 days.

If these were truly hated like all of the online comments suggests, then these would be sitting for months with deep disounts from how it use to be decades ago. Which we all know will never happen.

Hard chest pass on these

IMG_1158.jpeg

Out of curiosity has any JB retro ever been a 1/1 match to the OG?
Not close but exactly the same as the OG.

Out of curiosity has any JB retro ever been a 1/1 match to the OG?
Not close but exactly the same as the OG.
1999s were apparently the closest in terms of 4s apparently. I didn’t own an OG or the 99s though, so not exactly the best opinion to go on. Lol

1999s were apparently the closest in terms of 4s apparently. I didn’t own an OG or the 99s though, so not exactly the best opinion to go on. Lol
The 99 pairs were different, but without being worse (I actually think they were slightly better). Same with the 5s that released in 2000. The paint job on the shark teeth was a lot sharper than the OG and the ankle pods were slightly more defined/pronounced. Both shoes felt like the same thing, just with slightly improved manufacturing and as a result they were probably closer to the original intention.

The 99 pairs were different, but without being worse (I actually think they were slightly better). Same with the 5s that released in 2000. The paint job on the shark teeth was a lot sharper than the OG and the ankle pods were slightly more defined/pronounced. Both shoes felt like the same thing, just with slightly improved manufacturing and as a result they were probably closer to the original intention.
Yea, I've read that the first retros, 1 thru 5, were trying to do some of the stuff Tinker initially wanted to but couldn't.

Why did you like the 99 4s more than the OGs?

Hmm makes sense. Do you know if that was before the whole “lost” the mold theory?

Why did you like the 99 4s more than the OGs?
I think because they are a little less bulky looking. Just a slightly trimmed down version of the same thing. It’s splitting hairs though. It truly was a perfect retro because it allowed the OG to still be unique but it felt very much like a reissue rather than what we typically started getting with retros after that point.

They keep making different variations of IVs for profit only. If we and everyone else stop buying these different versions of IVs, just like if we and the others stop buying from resellers, we may send a message to them about our money.

I know, but thats the only way to really see products sitting. And Nike goes back to the drawing board. A bright idea hits them again. Lets bring back the “so and so” in original true to form. We know this story.

They keep making different variations of IVs for profit only. If we and everyone else stop buying these different versions of IVs, just like if we and the others stop buying from resellers, we may send a message to them about our money.

Never gonna happen. The only ones who care are a tiny percent.

Most of who buys Jordans don't care about OG shape/OG this & that.

*EDIT. g-time g-time beat me to it. :lol:

I know, but thats the only way to really see products sitting. And Nike goes back to the drawing board. A bright idea hits them again. Lets bring back the “so and so” in original true to form. We know this story.
Not. Gonna. Happen.

I will say…people who have say do lurk here from time to time so it’s not like some of these issues go 100% completely unseen

That being said they are probably using a lot of feedback to stretch out the line and continue dangling carrots for further profit

Back
Top Bottom