Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Just spoke to MJ. He said he never wore true blues.

IMG_1861.jpeg

This thread is hilarious!!!!

I thought the argument about shoe boxes on the AJ 38 thread, but this is funny here lmaooo

MJ wore a lot of shoes as a Wizard. :lol: Him or the brand had finally smartened up and realized he was the ultimate advertisement.

I wish he had done more of this with the Bulls and switched up shoes more often.

MJ wearing the shoe we could all get was the reason we all connected to it, and to him. The players today are too random with pes, and colorways nobody can get. Which makes kids lose interest. During those bulls years, there really was not anything other than the game shoe to promote.
This is a pretty great insight.

As someone who grew up in the 80s and 90s, I’d never really thought of it like this.

MJ wearing the shoe we could all get was the reason we all connected to it, and to him. The players today are too random with pes, and colorways nobody can get. Which makes kids lose interest. During those bulls years, there really was not anything other than the game shoe to promote.

Wearing the concords for almost an entire season was iconic

There is no way kids connect to the product as much today as they did in the Jordan and somewhat even Kobe era.

Had Jordan been doing what today's players do there would be no iconic moments like the Last Shot, playoff's (whatever number) etc. wearing the same shoe Mike was currently playing in or had just played in made you feel like you could do it too.

None of that happens today but the tech is better and the colorways are more interesting for sure.

Last edited:
Not a greater feeling as a kid in sports is to have a pair of Jordans that are currently being worn by the man himself on a TV in front of you. Todays players always have the next pe, which is mostly impossible to get. Kids lose interest. Simplicity is what made the Jordan line what it became. A model should not have 25 colorways to it.

I never said to do it the way the do today, 20+ shoes in a season is way too much.

The main thing, I think he should have wore the blue-purple colorways for every all-star game. Because we know we're going to see every white-black-red colorway all season long.

I never said to do it the way the do today, 20+ shoes in a season is way too much.

The main thing, I think he should have wore the blue-purple colorways for every all-star game. Because we know we're going to see every white-black-red colorway all season long.
He did that. The jerseys the NBA decided for them to wear were the only thing in the way. MJ went with the Jersey colors the NBA wanted them to wear. He didnt need the look at my shoes moments like others did. The Bords and Aqua are the closest to loud MJ would get.

Last edited:
If Jordan and his generation had access to the crazy amount of shoes today’s players have, they’d have all worn 50 pairs a year as well.

…believe it.

The main reason Jordan shoes were like that was because NBA dress code and shoes couldn’t really deviate away from the uniform colors. If Jordan 🇯🇴 payed today, he’d 100% have numerous PEs per season.

The main reason Jordan shoes were like that was because NBA dress code and shoes couldn’t really deviate away from the uniform colors. If Jordan 🇯🇴 payed today, he’d 100% have numerous PEs per season.
I dont think all star games had those rules. He still CHOSE to wear shoes that conformed to the current jersey. And MJ could have done what ever he wanted back then.

Players today wearing all these pe colors are OD. They dont need all of that. The consumer will not keep up with that. But put a player in the same shoe consistently, buyers would respond. A new released shoe honestly only needs 4 to 5 colors max.

I dont think all star games had those rules. He still CHOSE to wear shoes that conformed to the current jersey. And MJ could have done what ever he wanted back then.
Don’t think he could have done what he wanted. Again, that was policy. Most players adhered to that for all Star game shows. It wasn’t just MJ.

I don’t know what it is about this shoe that just doesn’t impress me. I don’t know if I need to see them in hand or what. It’s like I feel I’m supposed to like them but I don’t. I have no clue if i’ll be buying these Or not.

Back
Top Bottom