Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Heads been getting that fake tumbled leather so long they don’t know how to deal with real leather :lol:. People, these are raw materials, the tumbled pattern is not going to be uniform on every pair, it never has been when they use REAL LEATHER. From Cattle. Do you all know why it’s called tumbled leather? Because they put it in a roller and actually TUMBLE IT :lol:, the pattern being uniform is one of the main indicators that they cut corners and didn’t actually tumble the leather.

/minirant

The leather looks nice and the shape is better than the 2019, however I’m still OUT. Unless they also went back to the old soft polyurethane for the midsole, I’m not even on the fence.

CONS:
-Nike Air not centered
-Air in NA font size too big
-Mesh still not correct
-Shape( really cant get to 99 or 89? ) Back collar still too short, toe box, wing still too far forward
-How limited/exclusive?
-Little hope for Militaries to at least be SB shape

PROS:
-Leather looks great
-Slightly better shape that 2019
-Durability with leather vs synthetic
-How limited/exclusive?

Man, this is tough because the 4 is one of my favs, if not my #1 in the Jordan lineup. Decisions, decisions, decisions…

It seems that if anyone outside JB collabs on a Jordan shoe, they can get a lot of details right( Ex. AMM AJ5, SB AJ4 ). But when It’s just JB themselves, they cant get those details right. A lot of big ego’s in the higher ranks at JB…

Last edited:
Just from the pictures the leather looks as nice as the leather on my 2001 IIIs. I’m good with that at least.

IMG_6413.jpeg
IMG_6410.jpeg

These came out looking like how I assumed they would look now that pictures are available.

I'm still sticking with my guns about not getting these because I'm content with the 2019 version.

But I will look forward to seeing the shenanigans, gripes and typical chaos that ensues with hyped releases like this come next February.

CONS:
-Nike Air not centered
-Air in NA font size too big
-Mesh still not correct
-Shape( really cant get to 99 or 89? ) Back collar still too short, toe box, wing still too far forward
-How limited/exclusive?
-Little hope for Militaries to at least be SB shape

PROS:
-Leather looks great
-Slightly better shape that 2019
-Durability with leather vs synthetic
-How limited/exclusive?

Man, this is tough because the 4 is one of my favs, if not my #1 in the Jordan lineup. Decisions, decisions, decisions…

It seems that if anyone outside JB collabs on a Jordan shoe, they can get a lot of details right( Ex. AMM AJ5, SB AJ4 ). But when It’s just JB themselves, they cant get those details right. A lot of big ego’s in the higher ranks at JB…
The bolded part of your dissertation means that FOMO is coming for you. You’re copping. Hope you don’t though…….but you will.

I don't see these as a replacement for the '19s; it's a diff shoe.

Re. the comment about leather being diff b/c it's real leather....nah...we get that. The tumbling being 50% diff from one factory to the other is the problem. It's not about "the properties of leather" it's how they're processing the leather so differently; they shouldn't be THAT diff between one pair of shoes.

Heads been getting that fake tumbled leather so long they don’t know how to deal with real leather :lol:. People, these are raw materials, the tumbled pattern is not going to be uniform on every pair, it never has been when they use REAL LEATHER. From Cattle. Do you all know why it’s called tumbled leather? Because they put it in a roller and actually TUMBLE IT :lol:, the pattern being uniform is one of the main indicators that they cut corners and didn’t actually tumble the leather.

/minirant

The leather looks nice and the shape is better than the 2019, however I’m still OUT. Unless they also went back to the old soft polyurethane for the midsole, I’m not even on the fence.

I agree with all that but I believe Nike hasn’t used real leather in over a decade

I 100% could be wrong but eh

I think they just treat/process fake leather more on certain models

most current cars don’t have real leather either

Back
Top Bottom