Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-1.jpg

Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-3.jpg

Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-4.jpg

Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-5.jpg

Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-6.jpg

Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-7.jpg

Air-Jordan-4-Bred-Reimagined-FV5029-006-Release-Info-2024-8.jpg

Would’ve been interesting, maybe even desirable with the SB shape. Those in the pic just look like blah to me. I may copp a pair but they’re certainly nothing special.

I've been absent from NT for the last 3-4 months....Whats the concensus in these?
I have a '99 pair that was midsole swapped, which I love. However, I still want another pair because the nubuck is the other problem with that retro.... the upper cracks in a baaaad way after all this time.

Anyway, I passed on the 2019's cause of the crooked NA. I don't like these due to the baby-oil gloss that's on these things. I'll be interested to see what they look like with the top coat stripped off. Who's gonna do it first?!

I've been absent from NT for the last 3-4 months....Whats the concensus in these?
I have a '99 pair that was midsole swapped, which I love. However, I still want another pair because the nubuck is the other problem with that retro.... the upper cracks in a baaaad way after all this time.

Anyway, I passed on the 2019's cause of the crooked NA. I don't like these due to the baby-oil gloss that's on these things. I'll be interested to see what they look like with the top coat stripped off. Who's gonna do it first?!

Consensus is everybody hates them aside from 2 or 3 weirdos, abandon thread, do not pick up, avoid avoid avoid.

There is some idiotic thinking happening at jb.

They been releasing 4s with a wack *** shape

2016 wc are not the same as 2019 blk/red so they kinda tweak it there

*metallic 4s have a tongue closer to what it’s supposed to be

They then nail it with the sbs

They then go back to the trash shape but tweak the toebox and flatten the back tab to try and mimic the back tab on 99s with these latest atrocities

So if you’re keeping count the 2016, 2019, metallics, sb, and these ALL have different tooling. That’s 5 different shaped 4s. It’s all over the place. If anyone has all these pairs I’d love to see a comparison to point out all the differences

I pray the militaries are perfect with sb shape so I can buy 2 pairs and never have to worry about 4s again

There is some idiotic thinking happening at jb.

They been releasing 4s with a wack *** shape

2016 wc are not the same as 2019 blk/red so they kinda tweak it there

*metallic 4s have a tongue closer to what it’s supposed to be

They then nail it with the sbs

They then go back to the trash shape but tweak the toebox and flatten the back tab to try and mimic the back tab on 99s with these latest atrocities

So if you’re keeping count the 2016, 2019, metallics, sb, and these ALL have different tooling. That’s 5 different shaped 4s. It’s all over the place. If anyone has all these pairs I’d love to see a comparison to point out all the differences

I pray the militaries are perfect with sb shape so I can buy 2 pairs and never have to worry about 4s again
My expectations are super low for the militaries. There’s been ONE 4 since 99 that wasn’t a disaster, and it was produced by a completely different division within Nike.

It's not the SB shape but it's also doesn't look like the usual 4 shape from the past 2 years.

The wing looks higher and the toe looks better.

Right, but it’s like why keep retooling the shape a thousand times. Notice how when they fixed the 3s they used that mold from that point forward even on trash retro+ colorways. But for some odd reason they don’t keep the same consistency with 4s

Totally crazy how a change in material can throw the entire shoe off. I just can't imagine this color in black leather. Probably why I never got the oreos back in 99 and never liked the black motorsports. The leather option only looks good on the white based 4s to me

My expectations are super low for the militaries. There’s been ONE 4 since 99 that wasn’t a disaster, and it was produced by a completely different division within Nike.
Thats one of the exact points I made a few weeks ago. If you look at all the JB collabs, they’re paying more attention to the shape of the shoes than those internally at JB. Thats an example of how lost internally the brand is from a sneaker and history point of view. JB internally is just focused on ideas that make money while the real fans of the brand/sneakers/history are located outside the brand. If one loser can get NA removed for his own personal reasons, the level of ego that exists at all levels of the brand internally must be significant.

Has anyone asked why there has never been a guest designer for JB? I do all the time. Look at NIKE ACG. Even that brand has had a guest designer in Errolson Hugh. Even if you’re a fan of Errolson or not, it‘s an example of what JB could be doing. Look back at the history of the brand. With every release there was any accompanying range of clothing that carried the aesthetics from the game shoe. The track suits were particularly awesome! I mean, we don't even get that anymore and if we do it’s completely generic. I think the last effort from JB at the clothing was called Jordan Engineered. LOL WTF is Jordan engineered?

Just because the brand makes money doesn’t mean it offers a return on its historic value. And thats the point. Clothing inspired by the GOAT and history of the GOAT. It doesn’t really get any easier from a marketing standpoint.

Thats one of the exact points I made a few weeks ago. If you look at all the JB collabs, they’re paying more attention to the shape of the shoes than those internally at JB. Thats an example of how lost internally the brand is from a sneaker and history point of view. JB internally is just focused on ideas that make money while the real fans of the brand/sneakers/history are located outside the brand. If one loser can get NA removed for his own personal reasons, the level of ego that exists at all levels of the brand internally must be significant.

Has anyone asked why there has never been a guest designer for JB? I do all the time. Look at NIKE ACG. Even that brand has had a guest designer in Errolson Hugh. Even if you’re a fan of Errolson or not, it‘s an example of what JB could be doing. Look back at the history of the brand. With every release there was any accompanying range of clothing that carried the aesthetics from the game shoe. The track suits were particularly awesome! I mean, we don't even get that anymore and if we do it’s completely generic. I think the last effort from JB at the clothing was called Jordan Engineered. LOL WTF is Jordan engineered?

Just because the brand makes money doesn’t mean it offers a return on its historic value. And thats the point. Clothing inspired by the GOAT and history of the GOAT. It doesn’t really get any easier from a marketing standpoint.
I actually sat through a SNKRS live with these 2 women that work on the Jordan women’s line and they kept talking about “telling stories”. The one woman’s job title was something like color expert or something ridiculous.

The host asked them what their favorite projects were and one said the unc to Chicago low, which took zero thought/effort. Just copy paste the high. The other was the Neapolitan xi , which copy pasted the idea and colors from the 3. I kept trying to figure out how they actually got paid to do so little work then actually go on live and brag about it. Those are the type of people that work at the brand and that’s why it’s such a **** show.

Back
Top Bottom