Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

gettyimages-73364873-2048x2048.jpg

According to these posts, the shape/cut on this version is supposed to be close to the original 1989 version, and the off-white color will be used on this version to resemble the 1989 & 2006 versions.

And it doesn't make sense that this thread title shows the projected release date as summer 2024 when it's been conveyed repeatedly that they're re-releasing in May 2024 for the last few months.

The difference in comfort is almost unbelievable. They literally went from the most uncomfortable retro model to most comfortable. Idk why they don’t just scrap the normal retro mold at this point. I guess the average consumer doesn’t really care.

Yeah, I can really tell the diff. That said, I have like 20 other 4s, and while they're not nearly as comfortable, I'd say the last few years of 4s are still pretty decent for a retro; just not actually comfortable.

I'm lucky b/c 4s don't hurt my pinky toes and I've never found them uncomfortable. But yeah, why not just continue with the SB tooling; makes no sense. I can't imagine the cost is any more, and, in fact, without forefoot air, wouldn't it be cheaper?

They also said the FR4s and the BC4s were OG....We got some improvements, but clearly not OG. Interesting that the extended wing stitching never resurfaced after the '19 BCs. JB product managers are strange cats.
I'm pretty sure that the 2019 Black Cement were the only shoe with that exact shape and cut. I THINK everything released before and after was different.

It's weird.

I'm pretty sure that the 2019 Black Cement were the only shoe with that exact shape and cut. I THINK everything released before and after was different.

It's weird.

Wings were higher, heel shape was better, and wing stitching was OG, but toe shape wasn't all that great. But yeah, weird that that release seemed to be a one-off for that tooling.

Had the 2006 pair with the worst quality leather, shape, and creasing. Crossing fingers these are done right like the fire reds and military blacks.
I pulled mine out and the wing broke off. Absolutely trash shoe. Not only all of the above, but never worn a less comfortable shoe ever.

The 2012’s didn’t even look right and I pretty much wrote off this shoe. So if this actually ends up being as comfortable and shapely as my SB4’s I’ll be quite pleased.

I'm copping these for sure. It's kind of weird to me to see so many in the current sneaker culture salivate over these because I remember for a while Military 6's weren't very well liked at all. I remember them dropping and they sat for forever around me locally in 02' and '06.

Back
Top Bottom