Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

I'm going with the idea that this will be an easy release based on the general consensus, so I'm hoping I can catch a retail pair with no tax. Otherwise, I'll try my luck with finishline EA and use my rewards.

Havent checked this thread in a minute im assuming everyone hit on shock drop?

I snagged a pair in China using trash hotel wifi at 2 in the morning during the shock drop lol

Will be back in the states tomorrow cant wait to check my pair out

IMG_1992.PNG

Last edited:
Good luck with that. The rules are:
1. The clothing is required or essential for your job.
2. The clothing is distinctive or protective.
3. The clothes are not suitable for everyday wear outside work.

So yes, steel-toed boots required for a job *may* be expensed if you're not wearing them for personal use. As for the suit, that's definitely not a uniform and the business will probably be "creative" in what they classify that expense as. You're getting reimbursed, which is fine, but the business isn't supposed to be writing off a suit unless you're wearing like a flight attendant's uniform or something like that. This stuff's clear-cut and there have been actual court cases that have defined the parameters.

It's probably fine if you're only sneaking a few hundred dollars of purchases here and there each year, but if you're buying thousands of dollars of sneakers every year (which is only like 10-20 pairs) and trying to write that off, if you ever get audited you're gonna get smoked.

Thank you for the tax lesson. My only point is that it's definitely possible to have a scenario where a shoe purchase could be a write off🤷🏿‍♂️. I don't think anybody here wants to box with Uncle Sam, especially over sneakers 😂. I don't see how steel toe work boots required to access a steel processing plant fall into the *maybe* category. As far as the suit my luggage got delayed by the airline and the conference and the facility it was held in had a dress code for attendees and speakers 🤷🏿‍♂️. We get taxed on what we make then pay taxes on what we buy on items that were already taxed at almost every level of production. If a fellow NTer has found a way to expense a pair of Military Blue 4s without risking fines or jail time I say more power to him ✊🏿 😂.

Interesting how the military black and even the What The 4s have grey wings, despite the OGs were actually/apparently white. When did military blues become associated with grey wings? Not true to the OG retros from '06 and '12?

I think OG’s had grey/off white wings, much in the same way the blue is darker than most people remember. Perhaps someone who had the 89’s can correct me if I’m wrong but that’s always how I’ve understood it.

I think OG’s had grey/off white wings, much in the same way the blue is darker than most people remember. Perhaps someone who had the 89’s can correct me if I’m wrong but that’s always how I’ve understood it.

That was always my understanding, but now when I pull up OG/Vintage pics where the wings haven't yellowed, they do look white. There's only an apparent contrast b/c the leather is not white, but off-white.

For this release the blue in most pics is way darker than reality; in hand, without scientifically evaluating the exact hue, they look pretty damn close to OG military blue to me.

The MB 4 and TB 3 are probably most peoples least fav colorway of their respective models but a lot of that is cause MJ NEVER wore them, though to be fair I do prefer red over blue. So I’m inclined to favor Bulls colors regardless. These are still classics though.

If I had to choose between a bad colorway with a great shape or a great colorway with a bad shape, I'm taking the great colorway all day.
Man I cant co-sign. I literally sold all my 4's in 2020 because the shape was so bad. Im big on shape because it effects the whole look of the sneaker and the fit to me. If the shape is right, then it will sit right with the pants. But im anal like that. I cant stand the banana shoe look. I also hate when ppl pull out the front of their tongue of their Jordan 1's and have them joints looking like wrestling boots. All my shoes have shoe trees in them and then i stuff them with a sock to preserve the shape. Like below.

Attachments

• shoe.jpg
    shoe.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 184
Took another look at my pair. Unstuffed the toeboxes too. It is quite nice, I can’t find much to complain about. Might rock them this week.

Do we know if waterproofing spray helps to avoid oxidation / yellowing, or does it make 8t worse?

Back
Top Bottom