Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

its crazy the consensus here on nt is these are great but if you go on youtube and read the comments theres alot of people saying they aint feeling the color in person they either selling or returning them. others also say they not feeling the colorway all together. a few even said the leather was bad? what exactly were they expecting?

its crazy the consensus here on nt is these are great but if you go on youtube and read the comments theres alot of people saying they aint feeling the color in person they either selling or returning them. others also say they not feeling the colorway all together. a few even said the leather was bad? what exactly were they expecting?
I’ve found that most YouTubers are kids that weren’t even born in 89’ and think that the 2012 or 2006 are the OG’s. It’s nothing more than recency bias and ignorance. I would take ANYTHING said on YouTube with a grain of salt. Place is a cesspool for dumba**ery.

Last edited:
IMG_3865.jpeg

I'd love to have your accountant because unless you are selling sneakers as a business (in which case personal use items aren't deductible, unless possibly you use a pairs from inventory that can be considered "advertising" your business) I can't think of any situation where sneakers would be a legitimate expense to the IRS :nerd:

I’m not saying another word to you before this happens to me.

IMG_1416.gif

I’ve found that most YouTubers are kids that weren’t even born in 89’ and think that the 2012 or 2006 are the OG’s. It’s nothing more than recency bias and ignorance. I would take ANYTHING said on YouTube with a grain of salt. Place is a cesspool for dumba**ery.
It's funny cause all it takes is a little interest that extends beyond the surface level but most people in my age group or close to it are as you described. Ignorant and only see Jordan's as a trend, or status symbol. The way these shoes should look is not something they care to learn about nor appreciate. I've been on NT since I was 11 but didn't make an account until 2015. Outside of doing my own due diligence, being here has helped me learn so much about the culture and history behind these shoes. It's all helped me further solidify the already growing appreciation I had for the shoes and all that they entail.

However, it also makes me feel alienated from """sneakerheads""" my age because there's so much rich history that goes into this hobby that many people my age either refuse or don't care to see, learn, and understand. I'm not expecting everyone to become a sneaker historian or something because I'm certainly not, and I do understand that personal preference is a thing, but a lot of people in my age group love being loud and wrong when it comes to talking about sneakers online, especially Jordan's.

Last edited:
It's funny cause all it takes is a little interest that extends beyond the surface level but most people in my age group or close to it are as you described. Ignorant and only see Jordan's as a trend, or status symbol. The way these shoes should look is not something they care to learn about nor appreciate. I've been on NT since I was 11 but didn't make an account until 2015. Outside of doing my own due diligence, being here has helped me learn so much about the culture and history behind these shoes. It's all helped me further solidify the already growing appreciation I had for the shoes and all that they entail.

However, it also makes me feel alienated from """sneakerheads""" my age because there's so much rich history that goes into this hobby that many people my age either refuse or don't care to see, learn, and understand. I'm not expecting everyone to become a sneaker historian or something because I'm certainly not, and I do understand that personal preference is a thing, but a lot of people in my age group love being loud and wrong when it comes to talking about sneakers online, especially Jordan's.
I find them to be the same way when it comes to music another things as well, sadly. Only thing you can do really is the research and inquiry for yourself and not worry about them. I know you’re pretty young but I generally enjoy and respect your posts on here. It’s easy to tell you are a genuine sneaker head and not some weirdo like the kids on YouTube that think buying J’s is a trend and just started in the last 10 years or so.

Never liked these so I'm passing but they do look good from what I've seen. Hope all of you who want them are able to cop with ease.

The hype on these in general would be less than half if it wasn’t for the SBs. Most don’t care about shape like we do here. These are my least favorite OG colorway, but also the only one I’ve never owned. I’m here for the shape only. Shape > colorway almost always.

I'd love to have your accountant because unless you are selling sneakers as a business (in which case personal use items aren't deductible, unless possibly you use a pairs from inventory that can be considered "advertising" your business) I can't think of any situation where sneakers would be a legitimate expense to the IRS :nerd:
Wardrobe can definitely be expensed. My company sent me to a plant and I needed steel toe work boots and I expensed them and they wrote it off. I went to another work conference and needed a suit and other clothing items and was told to expense them and they wrote those off to. As long as it's essential to the business function then you can expense it. Car repairs, gas, food, clothes, concert tickets. If it's a legitimate business expense it's good. Now I have to just convince one of my tenants to 1 on 1 basketball game and I'll be able to expense my Military 4s too 😂.

UPDATE - My package showed up; Fedex circled back with the delivery!

Initial observations:
- They look amazing!

- No QC issues.

- Toe cap/rand material is really nice.

- Smooth "leather" on the toe box is complete a-s-s; it bewilders me how anyone could say it's anything more than barely mediocre. First 2 min of wear and they creased in that cheap, low quality material way. And I don't care about creases at all in general; I welcome them when they look like normal wear; not bending plastic.

- Shape and comfort is very much like the Military Blacks; pretty good, but nothing like the SBs.

- Always thought the wings of the OGs were slightly grey, but was probably deceived by the last two retros (which I never owned), and the OGs yellowing. But I believe white is accurate from what I can tell from pics. Still think grey would look and age better, but if white is OG, cool.

Super happy these turned up, but super disappointed in Nike's customer service response; complete fail.

I'm sure everyone will get your pairs on RD...thinking good wishes for you all.

Wardrobe can definitely be expensed. My company sent me to a plant and I needed steel toe work boots and I expensed them and they wrote it off. I went to another work conference and needed a suit and other clothing items and was told to expense them and they wrote those off to. As long as it's essential to the business function then you can expense it. Car repairs, gas, food, clothes, concert tickets. If it's a legitimate business expense it's good. Now I have to just convince one of my tenants to 1 on 1 basketball game and I'll be able to expense my Military 4s too 😂.

Good luck with that. The rules are:
1. The clothing is required or essential for your job.
2. The clothing is distinctive or protective.
3. The clothes are not suitable for everyday wear outside work.

So yes, steel-toed boots required for a job *may* be expensed if you're not wearing them for personal use. As for the suit, that's definitely not a uniform and the business will probably be "creative" in what they classify that expense as. You're getting reimbursed, which is fine, but the business isn't supposed to be writing off a suit unless you're wearing like a flight attendant's uniform or something like that. This stuff's clear-cut and there have been actual court cases that have defined the parameters.

It's probably fine if you're only sneaking a few hundred dollars of purchases here and there each year, but if you're buying thousands of dollars of sneakers every year (which is only like 10-20 pairs) and trying to write that off, if you ever get audited you're gonna get smoked.

UPDATE - My package showed up; Fedex circled back with the delivery!

Initial observations:
- They look amazing!

- No QC issues.

- Toe cap/rand material is really nice.

- Smooth "leather" on the toe box is complete a-s-s; it bewilders me how anyone could say it's anything more than barely mediocre. First 2 min of wear and they creased in that cheap, low quality material way. And I don't care about creases at all in general; I welcome them when they look like normal wear; not bending plastic.

- Shape and comfort is very much like the Military Blacks; pretty good, but nothing like the SBs.

- Always thought the wings of the OGs were slightly grey, but was probably deceived by the last two retros (which I never owned), and the OGs yellowing. But I believe white is accurate from what I can tell from pics. Still think grey would look and age better, but if white is OG, cool.

Super happy these turned up, but super disappointed in Nike's customer service response; complete fail.

I'm sure everyone will get your pairs on RD...thinking good wishes for you all.

The toe box leather is awful 🤣. Dont get why they couldn’t just use the 85 1s leather they’ve been using. Thats the only legit gripe about these.

Those prereqs don't mean ****. Hopefully I can get a pair on the 25th, but if not I feel like the 5th will be an easy cop.

I took an L on the Reimagined 4s this year and didn't try for any others besides the shock drop for these, which I did hit on. Hopefully I somehow get lucky and receive EA but if not, pair #2 will have to wait until May 4th it seems. Not trying to fear monger but I hope they don't do these like the Playoff 8s last year where they dumped most of the stock into the shock drop and then the actual release ended up having so few pairs people actually struck out on a Jordan 8 of all shoes. Granted, Playoffs are one of, if not the most popular 8 colorway but still. Lotta people thought those would be easy come release day and then they struck out.

I was going to say, what kind of "creative" accounting is this? CARTEL777 CARTEL777 just drop the tax ID number so we can get this all straightened out.

I took an L on the Reimagined 4s this year and didn't try for any others besides the shock drop for these, which I did hit on. Hopefully I somehow get lucky and receive EA but if not, pair #2 will have to wait until May 4th it seems. Not trying to fear monger but I hope they don't do these like the Playoff 8s last year where they dumped most of the stock into the shock drop and then the actual release ended up having so few pairs people actually struck out on a Jordan 8 of all shoes. Granted, Playoffs are one of, if not the most popular 8 colorway but still. Lotta people thought those would be easy come release day and then they struck out.

Weren't Playoffs available at many other retailers for weeks after release despite Nike direct selling out?

For the WC3s, I didn't meet their EA criteria but still got access. It's all BS if you ask me. It's out of your control so not worth worrying about, and I doubt they dropped most of their stock on the SD as more people didn't hit than did from what I'm reading.

Back
Top Bottom