Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Just checked my other retro 1s and the stitching near the swoosh was all the same from my 01s to my 2014s. The lasers are a higher cut than previous OG retro 1s, so that could be what caused the higher stitch job.

Just checked my other retro 1s and the stitching near the swoosh was all the same from my 01s to my 2014s. The lasers are a higher cut than previous OG retro 1s, so that could be what caused the higher stitch job.
thank you OG 

Last edited:
13-14 all have stitching perfect on the swoosh, from what I've seen on legit remastered 1s they got the stitching above the swoosh

UPS tracking updated to: arrival scan Dallas Texas 2/12/15 12:23am.
It's just a little past 11pm here so how they updating the tracking with that time.

Does jimmy jazz always ship bagged? I ordered a pair of Melo 1's and they came bagged. Now i'm not happy because i'm expecting my laser 1's to arrive bagged as well.

The Last Few Pages In Here DEFINE The Problems In The Sneaker "Game" These Days :smh:

Buncha Sheep Runnin Around With No Ability To Use Their Heads :lol:

I Personally Think These Pairs From Sobe Etc Are Most Likely Legit :rolleyes

Think About The "Lasering" Process On A Mass Production Scale For Just A Second Fella's.........

First And Foremost, The Act Of Lasering Leather Is In Essence The Burning Of Skin/Hide..... This Process Leaves Behind A Scab Or Tethering Or Fraying, Which Can Be Seen Ever So Slightly On These Kicks Along The Laser Print.

Second, Thousands Of Pairs Of These Were Produced Over What Appears To Have Been A Two Month Period, Prior To Which I Would Assume The Big Cuts Of Raw Leather Were Lasered In Preparation To Be Cut Into The Paneling To Make Up This Shoe. Of Course, All The Shoes In This Release Could Not Be Produced From A Single Piece Of Uniform Leather, And Thus Minor Inconsistencies Exist In The Leather Itself Due To Volume. The Panels Are Laid Out And The Laser Allowed To Cut It's Repeating Pattern Over And Over. As It Cuts It Hits Little Inconsistencies In The Leather, Denser Or Softer, More Grainy Or Smooth, Whatever The Case May Be And As Result, The Laser Cuts Deeper Here And Shallower There, Causing The Patter To Look Darker In Some Areas While Lighter In Others. Slight Variations In The Focus Of The Laser Itself Over Time Could Also Lead To This.

Now Take These Big Pieces Of Lasered Leather With Some Areas Darker, And Some Areas Lighter, Cut Em Into Thousands Of Different Little Patterns, Sort, Distribute And Have Thousands More Workers Assemble Into What Some Will Eventually Drive Themselves Senile Dissecting As Fakes :lol:

This Is MASS PRODUCTION Children!!!!

There Always Has And Always Will Be Slight Variation In Final Products Based On Sheer Volume Of Production Alone!

I Will Gladly Post Necessary Photo's To Put An End To This Nonesense In Here :stoneface:

END RANT

*SideNote- Your Production Numbers Only Being One Month Span Is The Only Thing That Throws Me Off rebelmindz rebelmindz :nerd:

Last edited:
Yeah.. It'll be tomorrow at the earliest. Mine been stuck on Opa Locka, FL since midnight yesterday. I had another package that came from FL and from Opa Locka it will show it getting downtown in Houston, then to your local po the next day.
Its looking for Friday before I get my pair from Sobesoles... 

Package was just received in Houston this morning... 

Anyone having buyers remorse?  The more I look at my pair, the less I'm liking the design.  Not sure if I'll actually get much wear out of these.

I guess I'm an older 'head.  Love the quality tho 
nthat.gif

Anyone having buyers remorse?  The more I look at my pair, the less I'm liking the design.  Not sure if I'll actually get much wear out of these.

I guess I'm an older 'head.  Love the quality tho :nthat:  
they'll never admit it

Did these ever sell out on FTL? FSR right now.

I just can't get in to these. Wanted to, but trying to be more selective. Not sure I would ever wear them.

Dudes are past the laser being different. The concern seems to be with the stitching.

Also when you have an online establishment selling early and claiming to obtain their inventory from major shoe stores that are part of FTL Inc, that will create concerns for any educated consumer. I myself have gone against my better judgment and bought a "replica" pair of Jordans. I overlooked all of the red flags and inconsistencies and just chalked it up to "bad Nike quality control and craftsmanship".

Lot of people in the "shoe game" are in it just to make a few dollars and could care less if the shoes they sell are straight from Nike or the knock off shop down the street from Nikes manufacturing plant. Also these sites could be selling legit "B" grades, but passing them off as "A" quality. If you selling "B" grades just be honest and have the integrity to let your customers know the shoes might have a few minor imperfections.

But asking people to have integrity and honesty in today's world is like asking a dog with fleas not to scratch, and that s**t ain't happenin.

Dudes are past the laser being different. The concern seems to be with the stitching.

Also when you have an online establishment selling early and claiming to obtain their inventory from major shoe stores that are part of FTL Inc, that will create concerns for any educated consumer. I myself have gone against my better judgment and bought a "replica" pair of Jordans. I overlooked all of the red flags and inconsistencies and just chalked it up to "bad Nike quality control and craftsmanship".

Lot of people in the "shoe game" are in it just to make a few dollars and could care less if the shoes they sell are straight from Nike or the knock off shop down the street from Nikes manufacturing plant. Also these sites could be selling legit "B" grades, but passing them off as "A" quality. If you selling "B" grades just be honest and have the integrity to let your customers know the shoes might have a few minor imperfections.

But asking people to have integrity and honesty in today's world is like asking a dog with fleas not to scratch, and that s**t ain't happenin.

I Agree With A LOT Of What You've Said Here.... Problem Is Tho, Is A Retailer To Blame For Poor "B Grade" Quality Or Is The Manufacturer?

Every Release Someone Posts Pics Of A Shotty Pair They Received From Big Name Legit Retailers

As For The Stitching On These, Has Anyone Else Posted A Pic Of Misplaced Stitching Other Than This One Guy? :nerd:

Take A Look At The Stitching On The Pair Pictured In The Video Posted..... Stitching Sits Above The Swoosh So Does That Mean "Now Che' Ou' Dis'" Was Pushing Legit Pairs?

Hey rebelmindz rebelmindz I don't own a pair but I can sure tell that other pair looks funky... maybe QC issues, maybe GM, who knows really.

I don't understand why people were going against you for trying to investigate something that may have affected others and at the end you were trying to help... but... Welcome to NT :pimp:

Anyways, to each is own and if you feel you can't trust it, then just return them pimpin nobody can't tell you what to do with your money or how to spend it.... me personally I would ask for a refund and send them back no hard feelings :smile:

Sad to see you go through this though.

Thanks

Well I already asked for a refund through PayPal for my sobesoles pair , not feeling my defected pair , good thing these aren't hard to get so can pick them up

Hey rebelmindz rebelmindz I don't own a pair but I can sure tell that other pair looks funky... maybe QC issues, maybe GM, who knows really.

I don't understand why people were going against you for trying to investigate something that may have affected others and at the end you were trying to help... but... Welcome to NT :pimp:

Anyways, to each is own and if you feel you can't trust it, then just return them pimpin nobody can't tell you what to do with your money or how to spend it.... me personally I would ask for a refund and send them back no hard feelings :smile:

Sad to see you go through this though.

Thanks
Thanks brother good to see some logic

Last edited:
Silly question: Is the laser pattern the same on all Laser 1s, or are they different from pair to pair?

So Much Sole 23 So Much Sole 23 the retailer is not responsible for B grade pairs being made, but they have a responsibility as a business to inform their customers that the product isn't A grade. Pushing flawed, imperfect $200 shoes at full price and then not being honest with your customers is shady business.

If a retailer decides to do business that way then they put themselves in the position to be called out as selling fakes. It's plenty of "sneakerheads" on this site that will rock a pair of fakes in a heartbeat, and plenty of them will admit to it.

Hopefully my pair from the bay will be here today and I will take multiple pics.

Back
Top Bottom