Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

IMO I wouldn't go that far, but yeah man great work! They look awesome! How did the wear test go?

Paint held up fine, no cracking at all. Im gonna wear them again tomorrow to beat them up more then ill take pictures

Last edited:
Paint held up fine, no cracking at all. Im gonna wear them again tomorrow to beat them up more then ill take pictures

How's Angelus work though, if you were to scuff or stain the shoe and use Jason Markk would that strip the paint? Thanks again man.

Interesting to note that he uses a mix of water + paint for the sock liner and tongue, rather than gac-900 + paint + heat gun. Angelus says in the comments that the water + paint combo means the tongue isn't as stiff as using gac-900.

Interesting to note that he uses a mix of water + paint for the sock liner and tongue, rather than gac-900 + paint + heat gun. Angelus says in the comments that the water + paint combo means the tongue isn't as stiff as using gac-900.

I was wondering the same thing. Hmm i used the 900 and its not stiff at all, i might try the water method see whats up.

Isn't the gac-900 the best thing to use since it prevents the paint from cracking, breathability and also long term durability?

Last edited:
I used the 50/50 method and the results weren't stiff at all. Now i just gotta grab a detail paint brush and I'm done. Stencils came but they're worthless. :lol:

Isn't the gac-900 the best thing to use since it prevents the paint from cracking, breathability and also long term durability?

still in testing lmao. but that should be the reason why its used. Your pair come in yet?

I used the 50/50 method and the results weren't stiff at all. Now i just gotta grab a detail paint brush and I'm done. Stencils came but they're worthless. :lol:

Water? Told ya lol I thought maybe its me but its a pain to put the stencils on the shoe.

@Duo 1026 yep water and paint. Not looking forward to free handing the wings logo.
Can you keep us update with how the sockliner and tongue holds up with the 50/50 method? I kinda don't want to have to buy a heat gun and GAC lol.
If anyone has experiences with both, which one is better to do?

Last edited:
Can you keep us update with how the sockliner and tongue holds up with the 50/50 method? I kinda don't want to have to buy a heat gun and GAC lol.

If anyone has experiences with both, which one is better to do?

Will do.

Last edited:
duo 1026 duo 1026 thanks for your help. You got me wanting to make myself some laser frags

Anyone here make bred/banned customs? What color red paint did you use? Thanks

no jimmyjazz around my area. been waiting to find a cheap one (size 9.5 or 10) but no luck so far. 

Haha. I just found out we have some JJs in chicago. They don't really carry size 14 online so I doubt they would in store. I'll call around in the morning though.

I got mine DS for 150. It's better than retail plus tax. I probably should've checked my local JJ tho. I'll look when I get back from college and probably cop another pair
grin.gif

Haha. I just found out we have some JJs in chicago. They don't really carry size 14 online so I doubt they would in store. I'll call around in the morning though.
You can always check out ebay. I saw a bunch for under retail in 14. I was about to buy a 14 since 13 fits tight on me, but I saw a few people say on NT that it's looser because of the material or something.

Back
Top Bottom