Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

How many coats of krylon finisher did you guys use? Can it go on the sole?

Just stopped by micheals , they didn't have any good detail brush imo but a they ton of the finisher. Only 8 bucks with tax.

Just one coat of spray. Don't over spray. Just a little. You can always add more after you see it dry in about 1 minute. And yes it can go on the sole, I sprayed mine.

oh lord... is there really no way to get a better green sole? nice job on everything tho!
My soles came out exactly the same as Stillmatics. Its a tiny shame but I too don't care as its just the sole that you don't really see as the wearer. On-feet, they actually look much darker from the side.

How many coats of krylon finisher did you guys use? Can it go on the sole?

Just stopped by micheals , they didn't have any good detail brush imo but a they ton of the finisher. Only 8 bucks with tax.
I use two just in case I missed any spots.

My soles came out exactly the same as Stillmatics. Its a tiny shame but I too don't care as its just the sole that you don't really see as the wearer. On-feet, they actually look much darker from the side.
I wonder what FBCC does to make his sole dye greener. His goblin green sole dye looks like it'd match it perfectly.

I had tried water, soap, and shoe cleaner, but it still wouldn't budge... What worked for me was the angelus prep/deglazer watered down a bit and I rubbed the area gently so it didn't remove the paint as well.

Overall the krylon works well if used right, I just had a hard time with it. I just wish the angelus matte finisher was actually matte

Finally finished. Will post some more pics with my dslr when I get the chance. Started last Sunday and took my time through all the steps. Allowing the shoes to dry and set. It came out perfect minus the tongue tag, it really got the best of me. The wings was also hard but my girl saved my life on that. Repainted it blue 3 times. Don't underestimate the female in your life i had no idea how detailed they have to be when doing their nails especially with doing designs or else it would come out sloopy lol.

View media item 1635434
View media item 1635438

Last edited:
Great trade IMO. Those 11's are pretty tough to come by in nice shape.

Bad trade on his behalf.

I got lucky. He thought he could fit a half size down on the 11s. The lasers did fit him though even though they were both sz 9.5. Same scenario a few days earlier, i was able to snag a jordan 1 black toe for 125.00 bec they thought they can go a half size down.

volks88 volks88
Nice deal. The great thing is you can make yourself another pair whenever you want
volks88 volks88
Nice deal. The great thing is you can make yourself another pair whenever you want

Thanks. The only problem is trying to get the laser 1 at 109.00 again. Thats the only challenge. But yeah these 11s are great. I never would have thought these were nine year old shoes.

I finished one side of my Fragment Laser 1's and need to put Krylon finisher on it.  Do you guys spray it over the entire shoe or mask off the white unpainted areas?  Do you spray it on the tongue and inside liner as well?  I'm thinking about masking it off first before spraying.  The Angelus matte finisher is already applied to the painted parts of the shoe.

Last edited:
I finished one side of my Fragment Laser 1's and need to put Krylon finisher on it.  Do you guys spray it over the entire shoe or mask off the white unpainted areas?  Do you spray it on the tongue and inside liner as well?  I'm thinking about masking it off first before spraying.  The Angelus matte finisher is already applied to the painted parts of the shoe.

Some of the guys here said you should tape off the unpainted areas otherwise those parts get sticky and attract dirt

You should mask off the white unpainted areas. No you don't need to spray the tongue and liner.

How would you guys go about taking sole dye off? I wanna hop on a pair for $140 shipped but the guy selling them dyed them black 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Can you post pics of the black soled pair you were looking at though? Like, were they regular Lasers with a black sole, or was the upper customized too?

It sounds like you are talking about the former, and that sounds like an interesting sight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom