Jordan Retro 1 High "Flyknit" $180 September 9th 2017

Cop or Drop?

• Cop

Votes: 148 64.1%
  • Drop

Votes: 83 35.9%

• Total voters
I thought the flyknit manufacturing process was supposed to significantly reduce Nike's labor and materials cost? I recall hearing numbers like 50% less labor and 30% less wasted material.

If that's true is there any reason, other than hype, that we're being charged $20 more for a flyknit version of the 1?

If anything I would think that Nike should discount flyknit shoes as a more environmentally conscious alternative to their leather-made counterparts. Reward customers for choosing a shoe made of recycled yarn, with less glue and wasted materials.

You're overthinking it. You make good points but Nike doesn't care about that stuff

I thought the flyknit manufacturing process was supposed to significantly reduce Nike's labor and materials cost? I recall hearing numbers like 50% less labor and 30% less wasted material.

If that's true is there any reason, other than hype, that we're being charged $20 more for a flyknit version of the 1?

If anything I would think that Nike should discount flyknit shoes as a more environmentally conscious alternative to their leather-made counterparts. Reward customers for choosing a shoe made of recycled yarn, with less glue and wasted materials.

Instead Nike's got us paying more for less.

I have always thought this about flyknit, it's basically a way of companies reducing costs. I'm still a sucker for it and have over 20 different flyknit sneakers.

I think that's true for single knit patterns with little seaming. This is a new build with more stitching and overstitching.

You're overthinking it. You make good points but Nike doesn't care about that stuff

I paid full retail on SNKRS. I'm a full on JB/Nike sheep. I totally fell for that fake price drop from $200. If these were $180 out of the gate, I probably would have passed.

ahhhh now thats what was wrong wit these

Attachments

• IMG_20170911_131703_262.jpg
    IMG_20170911_131703_262.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 210
Just realizing they left the OG off the title (description) so the red wings aren't a mistake.
But why use your new technology on your most iconic piece of merchandise, and not make it true to original form?

Just realizing they left the OG off the title (description) so the red wings aren't a mistake.
But why use your new technology on your most iconic piece of merchandise, and not make it true to original form?
so they can release it next year
withe the black wings
and make people pay for the true "update"
on the og
while actually charging $200

Back
Top Bottom