Jordan Retro 1 High "Shattered Backboard"

In my opinion, the SBB 1s is the best quality 1s ever released in recent memory. I've never had OGs so I can't comment on those but its definitely better then Banned 1s and Frags. I'd place #1 SBB, #2 Banned and the rest is up in the air according to peoples opinions. Banneds were nice but I don't recall them being as plush and leather cuts weren't as thick as SBB. It just had a better tumbled leather look but that doesn't mean its better.

As for the chicagos, I wouldn't even say those were great quality, the UNC and Laser 1s are better then those quality wise so that gives you a perspective. Chicago were more on the pleather side but not fully

Last edited:
In my opinion, the SBB 1s is the best quality 1s ever released in recent memory. I've never had OGs so I can't comment on those but its definitely better then Banned 1s and Frags. I'd place #1 SBB, #2 Banned and the rest is up in the air according to peoples opinions. Banneds were nice but I don't recall them being as plush and leather cuts weren't as thick as SBB. It just had a better tumbled leather look but that doesn't mean its better.

As for the chicagos, I wouldn't even say those were great quality, the UNC and Laser 1s are better then those quality wise so that gives you a perspective. Chicago were more on the pleather side but not fully

I definitely disagree! Banned 1's have thick top tier leather for jordans. Only parts of SBB's are soft. I've broke my chicago's in and the leather on those is awesome. Same with frags, the toe box on frags is crazy good. I think all 2015's are great quality wise. None of those compare to banned's tho

Theres no point in making an entire shoe soft. The parts that need some structure should have structure, so that's why the black parts of the SBB are more reinforced. That's one thing I didn't like about the Chicagos as well, the toe rands were too soft and creased weirdly when only the toe box should actually crease.

Banneds were thin in the toe box too. But like I said, everyone will have their own opinions so theres no right or wrong answer. This is just my perspective, which I deem as accurate

Chicagos feeling 'pleathery'?
..aside from the black area(which is vinyl, as its supposed to be), the Chis aint pleathery at all my man

this definitely isn't the first time i've heard sbbs > banneds quality wise. heard it from quite a few banned owners actually 

FWIW I find the Chi's to be way more comfy than SBB's. Again, the black panels on the SBB seem a bit stiff...Chicagos are pretty soft

All of them have good quality if we're comparing to 2013 models but I'm just ranking them according to all these recent OG highs. Sometimes I think people are bias based on the value of the shoe and don't want to devalue them, hence banned and frags automatically get #1, #2 in peoples books. But going by actual facts, #1 SBB, #2 Banned and whatever else after. Chicago being on the lower end of that list of OG Highs but still good, don't get me wrong, just not up there.

The SBB was done right, soft leather where needed, stiffer black parts for structure so the shoe doesn't look beat up after wearing. They could have done the entire shoe soft leather but that wouldn't be a good look for wearing

Last edited:
All of them have good quality if we're comparing to 2013 models but I'm just ranking them according to all these recent OG highs. Sometimes I think people are bias based on the value of the shoe and don't want to devalue them, hence banned and frags automatically get #1, #2 in peoples books. But going by actual facts, #1 SBB, #2 Banned and whatever else after. Chicago being on the lower end of that list of OG Highs but still good, don't get me wrong, just not up there.

The SBB was done right, soft leather where needed, stiffer black parts for structure so the shoe doesn't look beat up after wearing. They could have done the entire shoe soft leather but that wouldn't be a good look for wearing

To be honest, most people had the SBB's ranked over the Chicago's once they had them in hand. As for the banned, I disagree with the value comment being the reason that they ranked so high. Right after the release, many said that it was the best retro quality Air Jordan 1 even if they are correct or not. Although I have the banned 1's, I felt and still felt the the 1994's had better leather quality when it comes to retros.

If someone said Banneds were #1, I wouldn't be mad at that. But Frags aren't much different then the others. But when people say Banneds are way better then SBB, I then start to feel like their reasoning could be value related. There is no jordan 1 that is WAY better then SBB, if there is even a pair better then it, it would be only slightly.

I own the SBB, Chis and a few other 1s.

I have seen the banneds in person before,never seen the frags.

Based on what I've held in hand before. The SBB are definitely the best quality to me. Banneds are very very good but the SBB is extremely top leather.

I'd say SBB, Banned, UNC, Chi. From what I own and have actually held before. Never held the frags.

If someone said Banneds were #1, I wouldn't be mad at that. But Frags aren't much different then the others. But when people say Banneds are way better then SBB, I then start to feel like their reasoning could be value related. There is no jordan 1 that is WAY better then SBB, if there is even a pair better then it, it would be only slightly.

This may be one of the best replys on this subject +1 for the value related term

I would also put Lance Mountains up there in quality. When I say banned's #1 it has nothing to do with value it's the overall feel of the shoe to me. They feel like tanks, sbb's feel like they could be scratched at anytime although soft. Frags after worn are incredible to me as well but to each their own. I was just disagreeing but definitely respect your opinion. We do have a common interests in the #AJ1 family and you guys some good folk!

I agree with most of the last comments. I own or owned all the pairs mentioned and my list is:
1- SBB
2- Banned's
3- Black Lance Mountain
4- UNC
5- Frag's
6-Cyber Monday
7-Chicago(2013)
8-Black Laser Premier
9-Red Gucci Premier
10-Gym Red

Last edited:

This may be one of the best replys on this subject +1 for the value related term

It's crazy cause they automatically say Frags or Banned are above and beyond better quality than any other 1 which is completely absurd

Last edited:
Street value is redundant, we talkin quality...
Its funny how the starfish/sail panels(which are amazing) straight up BLIND people to the sub-par quality of the black portions :lol:
IMO Banned/Frags are consistently higher quality heel to toe, SBBs def aren't...

Back
Top Bottom