Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

For real man I live near Chicago one of those pairs could of been mine

Last edited:

LMAO @ "NTers reminiscing beta days of an app, intended to make getting limited shoes easier for everyone, because resellers w/bots make getting limited shoes online hard. And when opportunistic app opens up to everyone across platforms, NTers wish it still only favored a few that chose one OS/hardware set over the other, thus making it harder for those without said OS/Hardware, just like resellers were doing for everyone in the first place" 
nerd.gif

hahahaaaaaaaaaahahahaha Super rich, and ironic. 

Anyways, what do I know...I'm just some random low post count schmoe that's scored numerous times with SNKRs. On Android. You can roast me by Gifs now. 

*goes back to lurk status*
LOL, truth.

Just got word from a buddy of mine who owns a boutique in BK just confirmed my pair for retail. Feels good :pimp:

Hopefully I can land a reservation for one of these foot apps or I'll just wait out in a FCFS.

Seeing alot of royals on eBay for 350 shipped, seems decent to get them early but x2 retails bothers me when you really think about it

Seeing alot of royals on eBay for 350 shipped, seems decent to get them early but x2 retails bothers me when you really think about it
Yeah, that's my thought: Admit defeat and pay double retail before the release, or wait and either score or lose out and then pay double retail?

Yeah, that's my thought: Admit defeat and pay double retail before the release, or wait and either score or lose out and then pay double retail?

I paid resale for my breds before release date and won 2 Raffles and sold Those which made my resale pair free....might do the same here

those who did the KixSquare preorders, they sent shipping confirmations

Got shipping earlier. I'm already expecting an L on release day so I preordered...only OG 1's I've ever been able to cop for retail are Black Toes....literally struck out on everything else.

Admit defeat?? The battle hasn't even begun yet!

But in all seriousness... I got my pair of 2016 Banneds for 250$ DS on the resell market. If these are going to be even more widely distributed, I have a feeling A LOT of people are going to regret paying these high prices for pre-orders. Just my 2 cents tho

edit: Not to mention that demand on Jordans has died down considerably in the last year or 2.. I realize it's an OG High 1, but even if you do strike out and are willing to pay resell.. waiting til all the online pairs come in and then jumping on it should still be lower in cost than paying for pre-orders right now. 

Last edited:
those who did the KixSquare preorders, they sent shipping confirmations

Got shipping earlier. I'm already expecting an L on release day so I preordered...only OG 1's I've ever been able to cop for retail are Black Toes....literally struck out on everything else.
What was y'all order date? I preordered when they was $300. Wonder if they gonna b petty and hold out on me to fulfill the ones that paid the current price...

Nike is kind of meeting us half-way with the initiative. Most recently, they've been mass producing several releases which has flooded the market. But there is an element of hype which needs to be preserved. I think Nike/JB needs to go back to their early 2000's model. They still made a large quantity of sneakers for every release, but it wasn't so easy to come by. There hasn't to be a number of equilibrium that meets.
Problem is, Nike/JB didn't have an average retro release every week or two back in the day. Nowadays, they have so many releases that it creates two big problems:

1.) There are bound to be unpopular colorways because there are so many releases, on the creative side of the house a lot of thought is left out of some (see: 2016 Mango 9s, 2016 Black Cat 6s, etc. etc.) it also doesn't help that these are all GR releases which leads to even some popular cws sitting

2.) People can only spend so much money on shoes-nobody is copping every JB retro but at $190+/pair people are going to be selective with what they spend their money on.

From a Retro Jordan collector's standpoint, this is good news for us as it means a lot of pairs will go on discount and we buy the shoes we actually like with ease. However, from a hype standpoint, this is not good news for Nike/JB-they are still selling retros but they are losing their "cool" cultural relevance as an aspirational product with every release that sits and goes on discount (this can't be quantified but it is the exact same reason Adidas gave Kanye a rumored $100+million deal).

Sadly for us AJ 1 fans/collectors, Nike/JB seem to be using OG AJ 1 releases to try and build hype for other models (like the Royal XXX1s, for example) by keeping their releases limited (which they have continued to do, despite huge GR releases of other models).

wow that's a lot of money for a pair of j's! But as for the cosmetic stuff the 2016's surpass the quality of the 2013's in literally every way possible. Mean gotta think jordan brand actually had a think tank concerning every lil detail and materials, they even had to train factory workers on the construction process as they no longer make kicks like this Anymore. Also the whole reason they decided to remaster them was and drop so many of popular models was due to all the complaints which people oddly enough were making in 2012-2013..etc. Think the reasons they sell for so much is because @ that time it was all 1st come 1st serve, people getting hurt & trampled. Almost like the demand for em was @ an all time high? Plus back then j's didn't have any competition like today w/all the other brands trying to top em... Another difference for myself anyways is I wouldn't ever sell mine & wound still buy em if I knew they'd never be valuable.
This. Also Adidas had NOWHERE near the hype that they do now and it didn't help that Kanye wore almost exclusively AJ 1s for a short period of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom