Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

^Always said Nike should do Pre~orders, no refunds, unless its a error on their end .
I think the only reason they dont ,is because it would likely minimize hype..

Yes to this plan

Nike should just create more of their own labs, boutiques or call them something else, but owned by nike/jb. Pretty much end lotta backdooring. Must be costs, rent, maintenance.

And with preordering there wouldnt be need for bots/crashes.

But oh i get it, nike likes to hype and sometimes limit some of their best stuff so the demand will keep coming if it isnt met due to resellers, very high demand, less supply

That's the jig, try to satisfy like x% of the population, but not 100% so that ppl keep coming back.

But still if ppl are satisfied thru preorders,wouldnt that make a happy customer return? Maybe i would

Nike is sorta doing preorders with the nike+app reservations.

Letting people order the shoes 2 days before release

Its just most of the time,its shoes we would never actually buy on RD lol

Its not perfect but its a start

We shall see if Nike actually sends out any reserves for these

Last edited:
Yes to this plan

Nike should just create more of their own labs, boutiques or call them something else, but owned by nike/jb. Pretty much end lotta backdooring. Must be costs, rent, maintenance.

And with preordering there wouldnt be need for bots/crashes.

But oh i get it, nike likes to hype and sometimes limit some of their best stuff so the demand will keep coming if it isnt met due to resellers, very high demand, less supply

That's the jig, try to satisfy like x% of the population, but not 100% so that ppl keep coming back.

But still if ppl are satisfied thru preorders,wouldnt that make a happy customer return? Maybe i would
You can never satisfy 100% of the population

Definitely need a pair of Royals. Struck out for my size in 2013 but got a kid size for my homegirl easily. 

That fine line IG post is disturbing. This culture is going to **** for sure.

I still don't understand how a $160 sneaker resells for $400 when the quantity isn't even that limited. Disgusting in so many ways.

I wish there was a way to find the stores that kicked those to him. Not even mad at the hustle but stuff like that just shouldn't go on. And ppl actually copping the hell out of those 400 preorders smh

Nike could easily make the numbers for each shoe more trackable and find out which stores sell their entire stock to resellers, I guess they let that slide because higher prices for their shoes and more limited quantities get them hype.

:lol: He's getting roasted over that pic.. And that's just 1 reseller. That's why the numbers make no difference, shady stores selling entire stock so everyone can pad their pockets. As long as FTL & Co keep the apps rolling there should still be some hope.

It makes you wonder when you go to a store and ask them if they're getting them and they say no

Nike is not going out of their way to track their shoes.. it's the people paying the those numbers who are the problem. This nature of the game won't ever change and it's why Fineline and FC will always be able to do what they do.

Nike is not going out of their way to track their shoes.. it's the people paying the those numbers who are the problem. This nature of the game won't ever change and it's why Fineline and FC will always be able to do what they do.
that´s very true.

"im working for you" :lol:

... working for that mighty dollar $$! :stoneface:

That's some game ish. He's pimpin on people.

Yep these guys and these stores are pimps and we're all tricks when we pay over retail.

If people didn't pay %100 mark up for sneakers then instances like this wouldn't even matter and unfortunately that may even mean having to do without. A series of failed investments will eventually hurt their business model, well at least it seems to in other structures.

We've been buying shoes too long and pretty much know this is what it is and in the grand scheme of things there is really only one way to collectively deter it without thinking we have to police Nike and their distributors all the time.

What FineLine and these other backdoor purchasers do doesn't bother me because as much as I'd like to have the shoe like anything else if the ticket is too high I bail out!

Last edited:
Then you have the small group of shoe buyers that support resellers because of how release procedures are. That small group is either lazy with a good income or too busy with work and other things with a good income. They can drop that high dollar and go On bout their business. They see resellers as being their convienence store.

Yeah I was finna say when you said lazy ^^^ lol [emoji]129300[/emoji] Idk I honestly when I get settled and make good money I don't see myself going through hoopla waiting in line for shoes, driving to difference cities and all that BS...like I do now :smh: I will gladly sit and home and spend my time making other money or spending it doing something productive and just pay the resell for shoes I really want. Can fathom being a grown man with kids waiting in line for 15 hrs for some shoes that only gonna cost like $500 resell lol...

Last edited:
I only halfway put in the effort now. Maybe some raffles and camp on the computer if the raffles fall through. When I got a family and all that it'll probably be online at retail or bust. Not that serious. **** $500 I can go without :lol:

Nike could easily make the numbers for each shoe more trackable and find out which stores sell their entire stock to resellers, I guess they let that slide because higher prices for their shoes and more limited quantities get them hype.

Nike is kind of meeting us half-way with the initiative. Most recently, they've been mass producing several releases which has flooded the market. But there is an element of hype which needs to be preserved. I think Nike/JB needs to go back to their early 2000's model. They still made a large quantity of sneakers for every release, but it wasn't so easy to come by. There hasn't to be a number of equilibrium that meets.

BTW, I have a cousin who lives up in Canada, Toronto that's been trying to get into the sneaker culture. I haven't been able to go up as often, let alone for a sneaker release.

Anyone know where he'd be able to pick up a pair of Royals?

BTW, I have a cousin who lives up in Canada, Toronto that's been trying to get into the sneaker culture. I haven't been able to go up as often, let alone for a sneaker release.

Anyone know where he'd be able to pick up a pair of Royals?

Livestock Canada has a location in Toronto. There should be a couple more shops in his area.

Is it better to sell 100k units in 2 hours or 200k units in 2 months? I prefer my purchases to be as easy as possible, hype be damned :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom