Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Um yeah
View media item 2158487 breds had more pairs than most og 1s including the Letterman and yin/yang. They just had crazy hype. Staying off the nt panic network helped me realize it wasn't that bad of a release even though many missed out which is normal for a limited release whether semi our extremely limited. I'm def going to leave the thread closer to rd for these because the NT panic threads are too much.

I feel like the number of stores that gets a release isn't a good way to go off amount produced simply because the amount of pairs at each of those stores could be low in numbers. In a way Nike figured the bred colorway would be sought after so therefor more stores around the country got them vs Chicagos which had less stores but released in high traffic areas for 1s

I think the idea of a GR with a core classic like these and BReds is a moot point...I think the demand will always outstrip whatever JB produces. I recongnize on some levels as a NYC cat -- there will be pairs to be had but I will be putting in the work to get my pairs of these like I did for the BReds. 

and for the record @Foamposite XI  ... yeah there were pairs out here...Flight23 recieved around 600+pairs of the CHIs which had the same production run span as the BReds which Flight23 gave out around 800+ pairs. 
Who knows though, it could go back to circa 2001 and the 1's could end up sitting on shelves (in say 10 years or so) I would love for that to happen lol. That would be awesome if you could just walk into FTL and pickup a fresh pair of Royals like you would with white on white AF1's.

Will be camping for these and bringing an impartial friend to score my second pair if theres a FCFS. All raffles will be entered. From now on, in this thread ı'm all about that blue text life. 8) :nerd:

Sidenote: These must be had by any means necessary.

I'm wit it

I'm sorry but when I think general release the sneakers 72-10, Maroon 6, Cement 4, Metallic V, etc. come to mind. Jordan 1's will never be produced and distributed to that degree so I have a hard time quantifying the Breds/Banneds 16 as a general release. Maybe there are levels to the quantification of general releases but I must admit I've been spoiled lately by Jordan Brand's level of distribution and the Banneds were no where near it when compared to those sneakers I mentioned in my first sentence.

If they made more pairs, most people in this thread would ***** that they did so, and end up not copping. People wanted Aquas, they made a ton, they sat. Bring back NA on the 3/4/5/6s. They did, they gave us a ton of pairs, and pretty damn good quality. People complained that they sat. Nike's damned if they do and damned if they don't. Produce a ton and they're no longer "cool" and the yeezys/ub jumped over the jumpman. Produce at a level that will create demand and they're jerks who won't give us enough pairs. 

If they made more pairs, most people in this thread would ***** that they did so, and end up not copping. People wanted Aquas, they made a ton, they sat. Bring back NA on the 3/4/5/6s. They did, they gave us a ton of pairs, and pretty damn good quality. People complained that they sat. Nike's damned if they do and damned if they don't. Produce a ton and they're no longer "cool" and the yeezys/ub jumped over the jumpman. Produce at a level that will create demand and they're jerks who won't give us enough pairs. 
This x 100.

One side of that argument has always been ludicrous and I'll never understand why it even matters.
laugh.gif
I agree give me the pairs. People passing allowed me to have 2 cements, 2 black metallics, 2 aquas. Im good with how Nike did those releases. 

I went 9/9 on Metallic V raffle entries. I've never won more than 2 since raffles came to be a normal release thing in Pittsburgh. 

People are stupid AF if they get upset if a shoe is too widely available. Look at the Maroon 6, WC 4's now, they were mass produced and are pretty much all sold out, only difference is that everyone cooked and it took a while for them to sell out. But at the end of the day, they did. How is that a bad thing?

People get a rush out of exclusivity. A lot of sneaker heads go after heat. Heat now a days means limited. Mass produced NA 3,4,5,6 and 11 aren't considered heat. I never thought I'd see that day, it's a blessing

Last edited:
People get a rush out of exclusivity. A lot of sneaker heads go after heat. Heat now a days means limited. Mass produced NA 3,4,5,6 and 11 aren't considered heat. I never thought I'd see that day, it's a blessing
They still sell out though, so at the end of the day its not a big deal. I got into the game well after the WC 4's released, and I couldn't find a retail pair til last month.

I'm on the side of produce a ****ton. And I got a pair of banneds. But it shouldn't be that hard for people who want em. Honestly. It's past played now. We get it, it's the ****ing marquee shoe, JB wants guys who post their whole 1 collection on IG. We know a lot of one heads and big time collectors have insecurities about everyone having the same pair. Whatever.
Just up the allocation/production already. Ya wanna limit something? Keep limiting collabs. But let's chill on the OG 1s and let's start with the Royals.

And no these were not a GR, based on where I am at, and where I've been stationed. Demand is a factor, buti think allocation and production is still the main factor. If these were REALLY a gr? The whole southern Wisconsin would have gotten them. As far as I know, two stores or maybe 3 places in Tucson got them. If it was a GR it'd have been 5-6. Major cities may have ate....midsize cities or small cities, definitely not. When Madison WI gets OG Hi 1s, it's a GR. Until then. These are def 'limited GR' or whatever the regular 1 allocation is.

I'm definitely with the side that wishes they'd make enough for everyone. Sure, the demand for certain pairs would likely surpass supply, but it does suck when when shoes that are SO iconic are impossible to get for so many. I was able to get the Banned 1s, but it was a chore. I'm sure it'll probably be the same to get the Royal 1s too. I understand the concept/philosophy of making limited quantities in terms of status for some, being in some sort of exclusive group (I feel like we've all been there when it comes to kicks), but the 1s in particular started the whole Jordan legacy. So I don't think if that show specifically had a crazy amount of pairs for most to obtain, people would really trip about. But I do know a ton of peeps wouldn't wear them for the longest, just so they wouldn't be one of the sea of people that would wear them when they came out in efforts to "stand out." Oh the sneaker world and how interesting it can be.

I'm definitely with the side that wishes they'd make enough for everyone. Sure, the demand for certain pairs would likely surpass supply, but it does suck when when shoes that are SO iconic are impossible to get for so many. I was able to get the Banned 1s, but it was a chore. I'm sure it'll probably be the same to get the Royal 1s too. I understand the concept/philosophy of making limited quantities in terms of status for some, being in some sort of exclusive group (I feel like we've all been there when it comes to kicks), but the 1s in particular started the whole Jordan legacy. So I don't think if that show specifically had a crazy amount of pairs for most to obtain, people would really trip about. But I do know a ton of peeps wouldn't wear them for the longest, just so they wouldn't be one of the sea of people that would wear them when they came out in efforts to "stand out." Oh the sneaker world and how interesting it can be.
Conspicuous consumption - serves no other purpose but to show off to someone.  I hate attention ******.  

Conspicuous consumption - serves no other purpose but to show off to someone.  I hate attention ******.  
So do I. So. Do. I. The question is "who doesn't?" My friends and family know, if you notice them over time, you'll see that I have a lot of shoes. But I never talk about them. Hell, the other day, my cousin wanted me to send him a picture of my whole collection, and I quickly deaded that. That I won't do. I mean, who doesn't like it when someone compliments them on a pair of kicks or something like that? It's cool. But I buy/wear shoes for me. Though, it is cool being labeled as the "kid/guy in the wheelchair with the nice kicks." Haha.

so when would be a good time to let go of my 2013's? now, closer to release, or after release?

I'm holding onto my 2013 Royals...

I will cop the 2016s...

I may very well cop the 2001s...

I don't see the "value" of the shoe dipping too much over the long haul.

For reference i let go of 2 at 800 and 700 respectively. That was 2 to 3 months ago but the problem is people are going to not pay those prices when they know a new version is gonna drop. This is part if why i think these will be the toughest release of the og's. The last one shot up so high in price and people were paying but, no one really wants to drop that. Now those sales like mine are gonna come to a halt and cats are gonna start lettin em go cheaper and cheaper. Best might be to hold em but really 3 years later shame for not wearin em yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom