Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

If it means more stock/less hype for Jordans, and I don't have to camp, I'll take it. If not, strictly online or bust from now on. I'm already close

I just personally checked the FTL launch locator myself. Only Baybrook, Houston Galleria, and Sugar Land are doin the app reserves, the rest of the H-Town FTLs are FCFS.

FFS, this gonna be as bad as the Concord Lows release with these FCFS lines evrywhere

It's a few more App stores on there you left out but still you're right. The fcfs lines are gonna be dumb. I'm avoiding at all cost.

I live on the Baybrook side so the locator's initial results didnt pick up the other stores.

Def. praying to the FTL app RNGezus for these

What I'm hearing from several managers is that it takes more resources to maintain the apps. In other words, with the apps, winners can come to the store at various times throughout the day and someone has to monitor and check off the list, input codes, cross off winners, and someone else has to grab the shoes from the back. Each store has to dedicate a couple of employees throughout the day to do this, not to mention the entire week leading up to release date having to do the in-store headstart as well as beacons not working and employees having to manually input the code on people's phones. It's just a lot more work for the stores.

With FCFS, each store unloads their stock within an hour and the only thing they have to worry about is making sure enough security is on deck to manage any kind of potentially misbehaving clowns.
Na. To me that just sounds like a disgruntled manager that's upset he's not making money off releases anymore. The simple solution to way he's saying is shortening the pick up window

quick question if i order online thru ndc if im willing to pay extra can i purchase next day shipping ? i leave out of town on thurs on the 6th so i need to get them asap ?

I'll be vacationing in NOLA during the release & it looks like FTL is FCFs and FTA is doing apps. Any New Orleans heads able to speak on the sneaker culture when it comes to releases down there? Is it usually "easy cop" or is it plagued with reselling vultures and corrupt employees?

I'm seriously trying to avoid lines/madness on FCFS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Launch maps looking real good
Remember a lot of people are prob gonna double up, triple up
Everyone might have a better shot to cop
But it's still not gonna be easy imo

What I'm hearing from several managers is that it takes more resources to maintain the apps. In other words, with the apps, winners can come to the store at various times throughout the day and someone has to monitor and check off the list, input codes, cross off winners, and someone else has to grab the shoes from the back. Each store has to dedicate a couple of employees throughout the day to do this, not to mention the entire week leading up to release date having to do the in-store headstart as well as beacons not working and employees having to manually input the code on people's phones. It's just a lot more work for the stores.

With FCFS, each store unloads their stock within an hour and the only thing they have to worry about is making sure enough security is on deck to manage any kind of potentially misbehaving clowns.
Na. To me that just sounds like a disgruntled manager that's upset he's not making money off releases anymore. The simple solution to way he's saying is shortening the pick up window
I'm actually referring to district managers not store managers. Changing or shortening the pick up window time would have to be a company-wide decision and implemented across the board for all stores and chances are slim to none that they're gonna do this. Therefore, the best option to minimize the use of excess resources for releases with high stock is to do FCFS.

Last edited:
quick question if i order online thru ndc if im willing to pay extra can i purchase next day shipping ? i leave out of town on thurs on the 6th so i need to get them asap ?

On snkrs you have an option to select next day shipping
Just hit the shipping tab before you place order and it gives you the option for next day shipping

Shocked that San Diego area is doing FCFS. It has honestly been a while since I went out for a hyped shoe. Don't like to deal with the BS.

Yo babyjs23 babyjs23 now that SD area is doing FCFS, does that change anything for you? Or you still SNKRS or bust?

babyJs ain't camping 
laugh.gif

Shocked that San Diego area is doing FCFS. It has honestly been a while since I went out for a hyped shoe. Don't like to deal with the BS.

Yo babyjs23 babyjs23 now that SD area is doing FCFS, does that change anything for you? Or you still SNKRS or bust?
Still SNKRS or bust.

My spine, my little ones, and my pregnant wife prevent me from doing FCFS. :wow:

I spoke to one of the guys in Finish Line today. He told me most everyone hates the app and they're probably gonna do away with it. Keep in mind this is locally only.

Also, the local Footlocker that never gets any hyped up 1s is getting these and its FCFS. That's a really good sign.

The All stars,Is the Best color way!!!IMO...1 pair Of Dez should will Be good enuff!!!Also copping Dem blk an blue 4s,Iam not A Gang Member, But JB Got Me Crippin Dis Year!!! 1 wk Left Til We Eat,Cross your fingers, they dont April FOOL'S Us...

Not really a convincing explanation. Employees always have to grab shoes from the back, whether it is a new release, a regular shopper trying on shoes, FCFS, or raffle win. That doesn't add any extra manpower strain on a store.

And the one person manning the list tends to be a manager or assistant manager, guys who usually don't work the floor much anyway. But I guess that one may be a little true.

And the HS thing? I have never gone into a store to check in and noticed a lot of manpower helping customers to check in while other customers are waiting for service. And I check in at larger stores. That one is total BS. Check ins are during the week, when foot traffic is light.

Now what I could buy is that corporate is having to devote too many resources to the beacons and codes. But the solution would be to limit raffles to one or two days, not eliminating what is a well-designed system.

I spoke to one of the guys in Finish Line today. He told me most everyone hates the app and they're probably gonna do away with it. Keep in mind this is locally only.

Also, the local Footlocker that never gets any hyped up 1s is getting these and its FCFS. That's a really good sign.

Finish Line has app reservations?

All FTL's near me are FCFS. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Really not trying to camp out, I haven't had to in years.

Not really a convincing explanation. Employees always have to grab shoes from the back, whether it is a new release, a regular shopper trying on shoes, FCFS, or raffle win. That doesn't add any extra manpower strain on a store.

And the one person manning the list tends to be a manager or assistant manager, guys who usually don't work the floor much anyway. But I guess that one may be a little true.

And the HS thing? I have never gone into a store to check in and noticed a lot of manpower helping customers to check in while other customers are waiting for service. And I check in at larger stores. That one is total BS. Check ins are during the week, when foot traffic is light.

Now what I could buy is that corporate is having to devote too many resources to the beacons and codes. But the solution would be to limit raffles to one or two days, not eliminating what is a well-designed system.
It's a combination of all the things you mentioned above, opinions about them notwithstanding.

At the end of the day, FCFS is quick and totally minimizes the monitoring and babysitting that are required with the app reservation system.

Last edited:
would be great if it's as easy as these motorsports. I bought and cancelled on SNKRS just to test. never seen 'Got Em' so fast

It's a combination of all the things you mentioned above, opinions about them notwithstanding.

At the end of the day, FCFS is quick and totally minimizes the monitoring and babysitting that are required with the app reservation system.
What you said earlier about stores with high stock is understandable. But definitely not when supply is low enough where the demand is 5x more.
Ending a program that's bringing in more money and loyal customers/memberships into the overall company for a couple of stores seems foolish

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom