Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

Feel like I'm going to take an L.

Nike Draw is trash. 

Can't go to any stores because I'll be at school.

Footsites are terrible.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I spoke to one of the guys in Finish Line today. He told me most everyone hates the app and they're probably gonna do away with it. Keep in mind this is locally only.

Who is most everyone? The employees? Who cares how they feel about it? It's for customers, not them.

But I'm sure they hate it because it gives them less control. The apps cut down on shenanigans. Them going away from the app means me checking out from this sneaker thing like I did last year. I don't have the time or energy to chase shoes. I got way too much going on in my life.

It's a combination of all the things you mentioned above, opinions about them notwithstanding.

At the end of the day, FCFS is quick and totally minimizes the monitoring and babysitting that are required with the app reservation system.
Quick till fights and someone gets shot happens

What you said earlier about stores with high stock is understandable. But definitely not when supply is low enough where the demand is 5x more.
Ending a program that's bringing in more money and loyal customers/memberships into the overall company for a couple of stores seems foolish

QFT

Who is most everyone? The employees? Who cares how they feel about it? It's for customers, not them.

But I'm sure they hate it because it gives them less control. The apps cut down on shenanigans. Them going away from the app means me checking out from this sneaker thing like I did last year. I don't have the time or energy to chase shoes. I got way too much going on in my life.
And everyone hates when they lose power
(Out of reps [emoji]128077[/emoji])

I was told [at Foot Action, not Finish Line] that a lot of people don't even use the app. That was one of the reasons. A lot of shoes still end up being sorta fcfs if not enough app winners get theirs.

I know people personally who hate the app as well.

Last edited:

Exactly. People grown. Who wants to line up all day. Then you have to do deal with the shadyness of backdooring and line cutting. Like someone said earlier, why go away from a program that brought in loyal customers just to get rid of it because of additional resources smh. I never used to mess with the footsites and their stores before the app because of the foolishness during release days.

It's a combination of all the things you mentioned above, opinions about them notwithstanding.

At the end of the day, FCFS is quick and totally minimizes the monitoring and babysitting that are required with the app reservation system.
What you said earlier about stores with high stock is understandable. But definitely not when supply is low enough where the demand is 5x more.
Ending a program that's bringing in more money and loyal customers/memberships into the overall company for a couple of stores seems foolish
When supply is low, they definitely doing the app reservation system. 

I was told [at Foot Action, not Finish Line] that a lot of people don't even use the app. That was one of the reasons. A lot of shoes still end up being sorta fcfs if not enough app winners get theirs.

A lot of people don't even use the apps ? Lol load of crap there. Only reason NOT to like the app is cause you didn't get picked. The system is good at preventing the mess that comes with FCFS

So why would that be a problem? Paper raffles were the wave for years and leftovers weren't an issue then, why now? And why would they care if pairs are left over? People will just scoop them up on Saturday and Sunday. What's the issue?

Also, I love how these same places did (rigged) paper raffles for years even though it would sometimes require 2 employees devoted just to taking names and then the employees would have to make calls for several hours for sometimes two days but now I'm supposed to believe manpower is an issue with the apps? It's BS.

Plus, it is a brand new system that is not even a year-old here in NJ. People will adjust, just like they did for paper raffles. The app is really well-designed. If you don't like them, I don't know what to say.

Here I was hoping a FTL near me was doing the app since I became Platinum VIP. The ones doing app are in westbubble****

I know some footaction stores that were FCFS yesterday that are saying App launch now. So I'm hoping the same happens with footlocker.

Not true at all. The foot apps are very popular here in NYC and most other cities that use them. FCFS gives you some control over whether or not you're going to get a pair, but like many have already said, you're putting yourself in risk of getting shafted due to shadiness, line cutting and back dooring sneakers from under you.

At least with the apps, you have a shot to get your pair of you get picked. It's out of your control, but the system works. I do think the pick up window needs to be shortened and the the left over pairs needs to be re-raffled the next day and then pick up should be on a Monday.

So why would that be a problem? Paper raffles were the wave for years and leftovers weren't an issue then, why now? And why would they care if pairs are left over? People will just scoop them up on Saturday and Sunday. What's the issue?

Also, I love how these same places did (rigged) paper raffles for years even though it would sometimes require 2 employees devoted just to taking names and then the employees would have to make calls for several hours for sometimes two days but now I'm supposed to believe manpower is an issue with the apps? It's BS.

Plus, it is a brand new system that is not even a year-old here in NJ. People will adjust, just like they did for paper raffles. The app is really well-designed. If you don't like them, I don't know what to say.
Other than some people just being tech phobic and liking things simple, I don't know what to say.

I can understand hating fcfs if you live in a big city. I'm in a town of just a little over 100,000 though.

The real solution to the problem is JB making enough shoes to meet the demand. Nobody would have to worry about app or fcfs then.

Back
Top Bottom