Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

I'm the opposite.

I'll rock the "less perfect pair" first so I can beat it to the ground
wink.gif
this. and if resale gets stupid... goodbye to the perfect pair. or i can use it as trade bait.

Ok. I always wrestle with this question. When you double up and one pair is better quality than the other, which do you wear first?

You may unload the second pair in the future. Why let someone else enjoy the perfect pair when you could've enjoyed it? I wear the better quality one.

Went half a size up and couldn't wait to wear them today. I actually prefer this fit than my usual 10.5, which makes me wonder whether I was wearing the wrong size the entire time. Granted, I am wearing thicker socks today. There isn't the initial pinky toe discomfort that I experienced with my other pairs. I'm sure they'll stretch out over time, but I think they fit just fine.

Glad market is flooded now but I don't doubt that just like any other release these will go up with time. Part of it has to do with what seems like more pairs, but how much do you guys think it has to do with the footsites reserve? Seems like many people hit multiples on there and it prevents people from backdooring as many pairs. Do you all think it had any impact on this release?

i like to have the perfect pair in stock so i can admire them. and i'd want to wear the perfect pair too because i subconsciously will keep thinking about it that they're messed up but then i think about it and how dumb that is and how only i can tell. so i wear the worse pair so i can just be carefree while wearing them and still able to go and admire the perfect pair. rather than wearing the nice one and going back to look at the less nice pair and be disappointed that they don't look as nice DS.

I'm the opposite.

I'll rock the "less perfect pair" first so I can beat it to the ground :wink:

I tend to reward myself with rockin the perfect pair first, after all those raffle madness and online ordering saga lol...
Pampering my feet and heart i guess...
Also almost forgot the intense of the ups package waiting game... ready to bazooka anyone who goes near my porch lol

this... why mess up the perfect pair? when you wear it it will end up looking worse than the not perfect pair.
I mean, someone's gonna have to mess it up eventually right?

are you just gonna have it sitting in a display case until the day you die?

I'd feel dumb wearing an inferior pair if one day I sold the better pair to someone else. I could have just enjoyed the better pair myself and sold the worse pair. it's not like there'd be a difference in resell price

plus shoes almost always retro again. you can always get another pair in the future

this... why mess up the perfect pair? when you wear it it will end up looking worse than the not perfect pair.

I'd feel dumb wearing an inferior pair if one day I sold the better pair to someone else. I could have just enjoyed the better pair myself and sold the worse pair. it's not like there'd be a difference in resell price

plus shoes almost always retro again. you can always get another pair in the future
just preference. i have no problem wearing non-ds sneakers, and minor flaws on new sneakers just encourages me to wear them and not care if someone steps on them or creasing. with a perfect new pair i walk around scared for a bit lol. no convincing me unless the "inferior" pair is like the one posted earlier where one is an inch shorter than the other.

Last edited:

i see where you are coming from, but still makes no sense wearing the perfect pair.. but everyone has their own preferences.. do what you do.

yeah it's nothing serious...just interesting to hear both sides

I see where you guys are coming from now. a perfect pair, you would kind of have to baby it or pamper it. with an already flawed pair, you don't care as much

Whoever was looking for GS Satin 1's for $500, there's a post on BannedLA right now for $500 + ship

Im a true 9 but the 8.5 fits good.
Hmm... I'm a true 9, but my toe is already fairly close to the front of the shoe (basically right where the blue and black leather meet).   Doubt I could fit into an 8.5.  

I also have a 9.5, and it isn't too bad... my toe ends within 1/4" of the blue/black meet. 

Definitely TTS for me. Size 10 fits perfect, no pinky toe kill. The 10.5 I have has some extra room but definitely not swimming in them.

View media item 2403617
View media item 2403615

Finally got my pair. Minimal QC issues, but my pair is immediately going on feet and out of the door, so I would have been cool either way. And that glue smell... :x Straight toxicity

Bonus: Someone asked about a color comparison with the XX Penny Foams

View media item 2403621
The color looks similar in this photo, but I think the Foams are definitely darker.

Always wear the best looking pair for your own enjoyment, it takes forever to really "beat" a pair and by that time the next retro will be out

Always wear the best looking pair for your own enjoyment, it takes forever to really "beat" a pair and by that time the next retro will be out
yep. I always find it funny when I see some people on here say they beat their pairs but we all know they have like 20+ pairs of shoes in the rotation. and they wear the pair maybe once a week if that

rarely do you ever see someone on here "beat" a hyped pair of 1's from the past couple years, like Chicago's, breds, royals. in fact I don't think I've seen it once

Last edited:
i have over 400 pairs of shoes and cant even wear some not even once a year lol

unless you a navy seal you aint rocking a shoe until their busted :lol:

Back
Top Bottom