Jordan Retro 10 Seattle - October 19th 2019

I actually copped the Seattle’s but I agree with others who stated that they were released way after 10s were really popular. I actually bought just about every color 10 in 05, and I’ve always wanted Seattle’s so those were a no brainer.

The X Has probably lost a step with the casual sneaker shopper but for me Seattle’s were a grail. One of my basketball coaches had them years after the OG drop when I was in high school and I thought they were cool as **** then. I had to have the retro.

I actually copped the Seattle’s but I agree with others who stated that they were released way after 10s were really popular. I actually bought just about every color 10 in 05, and I’ve always wanted Seattle’s so those were a no brainer.

The X Has probably lost a step with the casual sneaker shopper but for me Seattle’s were a grail. One of my basketball coaches had them years after the OG drop when I was in high school and I thought they were cool as **** then. I had to have the retro.

I’m with you. People might flame me for this but IMO Seattles are the best cw released of 10s (even more than Chis, Stealths, or Shadows). The green used really makes the shoe pop and contrast with the black and white. Chis and Powder Blues also do this but both of those colors (red and an almost UNC blue) are commonly used on a lot of Js. You don’t see many Js with the green the Seattles were designed with.

Last edited:
Nike you just made too many. For most models not XI or a few others, The modern culture equates easy availability to a non-cool factor.

Nike you just made too many. For most models not XI or a few others, The modern culture equates easy availability to a non-cool factor.

I think it’s a common issue with less-popular models like 10s and 2s. Even when most GRs would sellout At peak post-Concord 2011 JB hype in 2012-2014, you could still get some cws on sale. Nowadays, with most GRs going on sale, this is even more pronounced with models like the 10s.

10s just aren’t a very popular model in general. A lot of people think the design is too simple and the shoes are too bulky.
I don't know where you live, but in my area, 10s were EVERYWHERE in 2005. So by default, these would've moved units, I believe the 10s were $135 then too :lol:

I just wish they had done at least one other OG colorway, and not just the Steel Greys.

Last edited:
I don't know where you live, but in my area, 10s were EVERYWHERE in 2005. So by default, these would've moved units, I believe the 10s were $135 then too :lol:

I just wish they had at least one other OG colorway, and not just the Steel Greys.

Oh I’m referring to nowadays. In 2004, the retros of AJ 2s were actually sought after, for example. Now, AJ 2s are arguably the least popular of the I-XIV retros.

Anyone experience the heel counter rubbing against their Achilles? My pair seems to rub the bottom part of both of my Achilles so not sure if it's common or if I have a defective pair...
My Orlando’s do the same. Nike socks help, or double sock.

Strange I’ve never had any problems with Xs or heard anything negative until now. I dont know what it is but I love hooping in them and even playing tennis or making babies in them. Wonder if they will ever release the Sacramento’s.

No one of influence has worn these to make them look cool. Let Travis Scott, or lil uzi or who else is popular? Anyway let someone these kids look up to rock these, they will be copping. Most people just follow the trend.

while the 10 isn’t my favorite model, I love the bulk look of it. And I know we rock our shoes untied these days but with the 10 you can’t rock em loose like that so it’s a good throwback to when we tied our shoes.

No one of influence has worn these to make them look cool. Let Travis Scott, or lil uzi or who else is popular? Anyway let someone these kids look up to rock these, they will be copping. Most people just follow the trend.

while the 10 isn’t my favorite model, I love the bulk look of it. And I know we rock our shoes untied these days but with the 10 you can’t rock em loose like that so it’s a good throwback to when we tied our shoes.

OVO 10s were hyped a few years ago. Ironically, resale prices fell significantly on those so I guess people by and large don’t mess with 10s like that anymore. It’s strange because they are some of the most comfortable Jordan Brand shoes ever made. I love 6s but those feel like straight up concrete compared to 10s.

Re ninjahood ninjahood 's point about 2005, the Black Xs did numbers as did the other Retro+ colors. It's just a different era. 14 years is a long time.

Those were also the 1st ever retro of 10s... I remember in 2002-2003 when DS and even used pairs of 10s were going for a lot on eBay. Kinda odd they didn’t retro them when MJ was playing on the Wizards and we started to see a good # of retro releases of most earlier models.

Those were also the 1st ever retro of 10s... I remember in 2002-2003 when DS and even used pairs of 10s were going for a lot on eBay. Kinda odd they didn’t retro them when MJ was playing on the Wizards and we started to see a good # of retro releases of most earlier models.

The 2005 era 10s were the best of their kind and we going for 300+ on the secondary markets.

Ice blue, Linens, Lavender, Black, Steel red ,even those mints. JB since then has not done justice to the 10 on new colorways

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom